DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing they'll open the rest of the hotels once they can reach that higher capacity tier designation and/or the out of state restriction is lifted. I'm sure that's about the time we'll see Avengers Campus open too- it'll probably all happen in a domino effect. Bummer for those of you that might want to that on-site (likely) priority though that its only the most expensive hotel opening. But not surprising, considering they were already going to open the DVC villas.

Has anyone seen that hotel guests will be offered reservations first?

We have June reservations at our DVC home resort at the Grand Californian, but we are from out of state. Not sure we'll want to keep our reservation if we might not be able to get tickets.

We have June reservations at our DVC home resort at the Grand Californian, but we are from out of state. Not sure we'll want to keep our reservation if we might not be able to get tickets.
I think they'll likely do it like WDW does it. They'll offer reservations all at once, but they'll have separate buckets for regular guests and for resort guests. So even if the regular guest bucket fills up, there would still be reservations available for resort guests. (I'd honestly be shocked if they didn't hold some space for resort guests.)

All I saw was that having an on-site hotel reservation wouldn't guarantee park admission. I assume they'd have to offer some incentive to staying on-property since they've already announced there won't be EMH at first, though.

I don't think Disneyland will still be operating at 15% come June with how quickly the tier system has changed, how well CA is doing with its infection rates now, and continued vaccine rollout. They'll probably be at 25% by that time.

All I saw was that having an on-site hotel reservation wouldn't guarantee park admission. I assume they'd have to offer some incentive to staying on-property since they've already announced there won't be EMH at first, though.

I don't think Disneyland will still be operating at 15% come June with how quickly the tier system has changed, how well CA is doing with its infection rates now, and continued vaccine rollout. They'll probably be at 25% by that time.
Thanks! And the other question is will they be allowing out of state guests yet . . .

This was speculated even at WDW opening however due to the guidelines of California residents only at first HIGHLY unlikely , as there are not nearly the volume of Disney owned properties available as well. The reservation system is not surprising and I went ahead and booked my flights on SW about $75 round trip for the weekend of May 5th - May 8th and booked Tropicana as well just in case.
I should note my Disney planning currently looks like this now :

April 20th - 25th Aulani
April 25th @ 11:50pm fly to WDW and arrive April 26th 9:45am
April 26th 1 night Saratoga Springs
April 27th to April 30th Coronado Springs/ Epcot Flower and Garden
April 30th to May 2nd Jambo House

Fly home to Oakland May 2nd
Work May 3rd and half day May 4th
Fly out to Long Beach/ Anaheim May 5th and arrive @ 8pm
May 6th - May 8th Disneyland/ DCA ( pending reservations available)
May 8th fly home to Oakland and work May 9th

Now I'm tired from just reading that LOL.

It's hard to predict what tier CA will be in. Currently out of state residents can't come through the yellow tier, so if they're still in any of the current ones, hotel won't matter. And we don't know what Green tier looks like.

This was speculated even at WDW opening however due to the guidelines of California residents only at first HIGHLY unlikely , as there are not nearly the volume of Disney owned properties available as well. The reservation system is not surprising and I went ahead and booked my flights on SW about $75 round trip for the weekend of May 5th - May 8th and booked Tropicana as well just in case.
I should note my Disney planning currently looks like this now :

April 20th - 25th Aulani
April 25th @ 11:50pm fly to WDW and arrive April 26th 9:45am
April 26th 1 night Saratoga Springs
April 27th to April 30th Coronado Springs/ Epcot Flower and Garden
April 30th to May 2nd Jambo House

Fly home to Oakland May 2nd
Work May 3rd and half day May 4th
Fly out to Long Beach/ Anaheim May 5th and arrive @ 8pm
May 6th - May 8th Disneyland/ DCA ( pending reservations available)
May 8th fly home to Oakland and work May 9th

Now I'm tired from just reading that LOL.

Man, now that looks like a fun time. I need a vacation buddy like you! My family is always like 'can I take a nap yet?' :rotfl2:

We have the same issue with reservations in Mid July and we are out of state too.

Every so often, I check out the industry guidance website and it still says: "Additional activities will be permitted starting April 1, 2021. The guidance is in the process of being updated." I'm hoping we get bread crumb details when that gets updated not just for out of state guests but capacity, indoor rides, etc.

This is the website I keep checking, for reference:

https://covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/#can-open

Thanks! We are vaccinated and ready! I wonder if the state will make exceptions for vaccinated people . . .
The other problem is that we don't yet know that vaccination means immunity, specifically with the variants starting to circulate. The best we know so far is that vaccination seems to prevent extreme illness, but that doesn't preclude someone being able to transmit it to someone else, which is really what the out-of-state restrictions are trying to do - stop people from bringing something with them.

It would be so nice if we could celebrate finally getting an official reopening date without all the out of state people bringing down the mood as they cant go. Its been a year since Disneyland closed, those gates re opening means so much to so many people. Its like people can't celebrate and be happy because only California residents can go to Disneyland.

I know I will be on YouTube on April 30 finding everyone live streaming the opening, I know it will be emotional and I just can't wait to share the joy and happiness virtually, online from half way across the world with all the California Disboard members.

The other problem is that we don't yet know that vaccination means immunity, specifically with the variants starting to circulate. The best we know so far is that vaccination seems to prevent extreme illness, but that doesn't preclude someone being able to transmit it to someone else, which is really what the out-of-state restrictions are trying to do - stop people from bringing something with them.

Not to dive down the COVID rabbit hole but my university was sharing this info- there's a few research studies that are currently being peer reviewed but essentially the findings were that the vaccines reduce transmission and reduce the amount of the 'viral load' someone carries if they do happen to test positive. We're trying to encourage our students to get vaccinated asap when they can so this is one of the 'press releases' we're putting together to encourage them to when their turn comes.

To keep this on topic though, as the research catches up with everything we might see more changes this summer to guidelines all over the country.

https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-briefing/2021/03/04/vaccine-transmission
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3790399

It would be so nice if we could celebrate finally getting an official reopening date without all the out of state people bringing down the mood as they cant go. Its been a year since Disneyland closed, those gates re opening means so much to so many people. Its like people can't celebrate and be happy because only California residents can go to Disneyland.

I know I will be on YouTube on April 30 finding everyone live streaming the opening, I know it will be emotional and I just can't wait to share the joy and happiness virtually, online from half way across the world with all the California Disboard members.

Not speaking for everyone else but I am THRILLED they are reopening especially for the cast members. But that doesn't mean I'm also not allowed to be a tiny bit disappointed that I don't have a time I can return to the magic. I will also be glued to YouTube but my feelings are also valid.

I think this is the justification and while I can appreciate it in theory, I don’t know how practical it is. Several Californians were visiting neighboring states (including my home state Arizona) as California was in lockdown mode. Some of those residents were relatives of mine who were traveling to Arizona as sports teams and also just vacationing (I did not see my relatives while they were in Arizona since me and my immediate family decided to isolate ourselves).

We have the same issue with reservations in Mid July and we are out of state too.
Us too with Memorial Day weekend. We plan to go.... but if tickets are guaranteed, I’m going to try to sell my reservation for $30 a point and go to the Hotel Del Coronado instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter