DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not speaking for everyone else but I am THRILLED they are reopening especially for the cast members. But that doesn't mean I'm also not allowed to be a tiny bit disappointed that I don't have a time I can return to the magic. I will also be glued to YouTube but my feelings are also valid.
It just feels like the joy and happiness of the reopening is being dominated by the out of state people who can't go.

It would be so nice if we could celebrate finally getting an official reopening date without all the out of state people bringing down the mood as they cant go. Its been a year since Disneyland closed, those gates re opening means so much to so many people. Its like people can't celebrate and be happy because only California residents can go to Disneyland.

I know I will be on YouTube on April 30 finding everyone live streaming the opening, I know it will be emotional and I just can't wait to share the joy and happiness virtually, online from half way across the world with all the California Disboard members.
I'm not trying to bring the mood down, I'm thrilled for the progress! I am just trying to decide whether to keep or cancel reservations. DVC needs to be cancelled 31 days ahead of time. Hopefully by May we'll have more info.

I think this is the justification and while I can appreciate it in theory, I don’t know how practical it is. Several Californians were visiting neighboring states (including my home state Arizona) as California was in lockdown mode. Some of those residents were relatives of mine who were traveling to Arizona as sports teams and also just vacationing (I did not see my relatives while they were in Arizona since me and my immediate family decided to isolate ourselves).

Plus, if the idea is that everyone should follow the CA travel advisory to a T then it also says that CA residents shouldn't travel more than 120 miles and avoid all non-essential travel. We know many folks will to see Disneyland! Who wouldn't? 😍 I think it'll get an update soon enough- even if it's just to clarify to CA folks they 'can' travel further in their state.

Sorry, I'm overly positive these days- I need to be after this year. Things are getting better folks!

I think this is the justification and while I can appreciate it in theory, I don’t know how practical it is. Several Californians were visiting neighboring states (including my home state Arizona) as California was in lockdown mode. Some of those residents were relatives of mine who were traveling to Arizona as sports teams and also just vacationing (I did not see my relatives while they were in Arizona since me and my immediate family decided to isolate ourselves).
Agreed! Our parks just reopened today after so many CA teams kept coming.
It’ll be interesting to see how Sea World handles this. My Facebook today said “AZ residents- we open for spring break”

The main thing the state is focusing on with that restriction are dense events - sporting events, concerts, theme parks.

They're not really doing anything about people who come to CA to do "normal" things - they're just trying to stem a tide of thousands of people coming to CA to do something specific.

It just feels like the joy and happiness of the reopening is being dominated by the out of state people who can't go.
I hope I did not make you feel that way. We are thrilled it is opening. We got a reservation at GCV and FANTASTIC airfare that will likely never happen again. We are just sad to keep canceling trips to Aulani and Disneyland. We are happy for CA residents though.

Perhaps CA residents should start their own thread. Not being snarky, but it could be a place to just post about your excitement.
No. We just want info on how to best use our timeshare we own in CA, which only provides for a room, but time is of the essence in cancelling.
Exactly!

Agreed! Our parks just reopened today after so many CA teams kept coming.
It’ll be interesting to see how Sea World handles this. My Facebook today said “AZ residents- we open for spring break”

Sea World has reopened as a zoo, so it does not have the California resident requirement. If it chooses to reopen its rides, it will be classified as a theme park and will have to abide by the CA resident requirement. I am sure the executives there are currently deciding which classification will bring in more people.

Plus, if the idea is that everyone should follow the CA travel advisory to a T then it also says that CA residents shouldn't travel more than 120 miles and avoid all non-essential travel. We know many folks will to see Disneyland! Who wouldn't? 😍 I think it'll get an update soon enough- even if it's just to clarify to CA folks they 'can' travel further in their state.

Sorry, I'm overly positive these days- I need to be after this year. Things are getting better folks!
I don't want to wade further into this discussion than to say these are two very different scenarios. One is a travel advisory. It is not a ban. The second, for theme parks is a ban. It would be dangerous to even look at regular tier reopening guidelines and try to apply them to theme parks. For whatever reason, this is where our governor has decided his fight is going to be.

I think everybody should be hopeful, but I think it's safer to hope for fast movement through tiers than a change in the theme park guidelines. Disney (and I would assume other theme parks) appear to have agreed to the conditions set forth by the state. Unlike last year, there isn't the fight.

Perhaps CA residents should start their own thread. Not being snarky, but it could be a place to just post about your excitement.

There is already thread started for out of state visitors. I don't particularly care who posts on this one, but I don't think CA's need to make their own.

And non-CA folks had our own thread to discuss this all and keep things peaceful but the admins are currently reviewing all the reports it got from CA residents flagging it as 'against the rules' from being disgruntled with us that it was automatically locked. Should be fixed by today though! And we can talk over there again. 🥰 MaryJo said she'd be looking at it soon.

So let's all play nice! I have no desire to argue with anyone, I'm so happy to see Disneyland reopen!

And non-CA folks had our own thread to discuss this all and keep things peaceful but the admins are currently reviewing all the reports it got from CA residents flagging it as 'against the rules' from being disgruntled with us that it was automatically locked. Should be fixed by today though! And we can talk over there again. 🥰 MaryJo said she'd be looking at it soon.

So let's all play nice! I have no desire to argue with anyone, I'm so happy to see Disneyland reopen!
Disappointing to hear that. But I hope you know positively it was CA residents before saying that.

Disappointing to hear that. But I hope you know it was positively CA residents before saying that.

Let's not drag the fight out... I reached out to admin, they're working on it and let me know what was going on- let's just say that.

Now no more fighting! Disneyland is reopening!! I expect detailed trip reports from you CA folks with all the pictures!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

In the spirit of getting back on track - this part from the blog post makes me soooooo excited to watch folks on IG and YouTube in those early days.
In the days leading up to the public opening on April 30, Disneyland Resort will invite cast members and members of the local community to be the first theme park guests after more than a year of closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter