DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s going to be a long time before international travel opens up. Europe is having a rough time getting anyone vaccinated. I’m actually surprised UK travel is still banned, considering how effective they’ve been at vaccination. I guess because of the variant? My daughter is dreaming of Paris and I’ve had to tell her that’s not happening anytime soon for multiple reasons.

I'm in Ireland, not UK.

We had been planning before COVID going to WDW in November of this year for my boyfriend's 50th birthday but with the uncertainty now of when he may need to work (he is a tech director at a local community theater and we don't know when shows may start again and when he can take time off) so now we are hoping for a Disneyland trip around the same time. I am hopeful by fall the country is in a place where non-locals can come into the parks. It really is rough being so close and yet seemingly so far.

I think it’s going to be a long time before international travel opens up. Europe is having a rough time getting anyone vaccinated. I’m actually surprised UK travel is still banned, considering how effective they’ve been at vaccination. I guess because of the variant? My daughter is dreaming of Paris and I’ve had to tell her that’s not happening anytime soon for multiple reasons.

The UK government is currently (sadly) not allowing any non-essential inbound or outbound travel and have done for some time now. While there's allegedly a "roadmap" for dropping all restrictions by June, I personally am sceptical that this will happen, at least in the timeframe we've been given. There are still a few too many people here in the UK being a bit silly and not observing the rules.

from the Disneyland website, I believe this is how WDW reopened as well.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/experience-updates/
As a result of the impact of COVID-19 on operations, FASTPASS and Disney MaxPass services are suspended for the time being and are not available for purchase or use. We will share future updates at a later date.

Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings will be suspended upon reopening of our hotels and theme parks as we plan to manage capacity. We will share any updates on these offerings at a later date.

from the Disneyland website, I believe this is how WDW reopened as well.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/experience-updates/
As a result of the impact of COVID-19 on operations, FASTPASS and Disney MaxPass services are suspended for the time being and are not available for purchase or use. We will share future updates at a later date.

Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings will be suspended upon reopening of our hotels and theme parks as we plan to manage capacity. We will share any updates on these offerings at a later date.

Yep, and that's still the way WDW is operating. They just reinstated hopping (IIRC) last month. And you can only hop after 2pm to a park with 'availability'.

As far as buying tickets, WDW opened ticket and vacation package sales up to people with 'already purchased' tickets & packages first. Once they had been handled they opened purchasing to the general public. It'll be interesting to see if DL does the same.

We still had hopes to come from England early August for our booked stay at the Grand Californian, after this in state announcement I feel we have no choice but to cancel 😔
Do you have a VGC, as all other reservations were canceled already? Also, is England/US resuming travel between the countries?
I really wouldn’t worry about the out of state issue. No way that is enforceable or even legal. It is likely just a suggestion on their part.
It is very enforceable. They will simply request ID at the gate. They do it for SoCal deals, military deals, and in several other situations.
Good point. What kind of proof do they ask for that? You just fill in your address or do they make you upload an ID or something?
Show your ID at the gate.

Any idea when the hotel restaurants of DLR will be open? A nice din-din at Steakhouse 55 would be great!
Totally agree!! But thinking of 25% capacity, it would be about 50 people max, and not sure the restaurant could make it there. But I think at Orange it may be a go at 50% capacity.

So I’ve read through their home page and will read the blog post in a minute.

Does it sound like people who already have tickets (and are CA residents) will be able to use them?

So I’ve read through their home page and will read the blog post in a minute.

Does it sound like people who already have tickets (and are CA residents) will be able to use them?
It's not clear from what they announced today. Seems possible, but I'm not sure they've figured it out yet.

However, this struck me:

"We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. "

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/

It's not clear from what they announced today. Seems possible, but I'm not sure they've figured it out yet.

However, this struck me:

"We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. "

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/

I am guessing that’s in case Orange County regresses in the tiers.

I am guessing that’s in case Orange County regresses in the tiers.
Honestly, it could cover a lot of things. If OC regresses, they wouldn't necessarily need to cancel/refund admission media, unless they were planning on issuing day-specific tickets for reopening (which is probably the big thing we're waiting to find out).

Wow, surprising level of detail for the Parks Blog. I found the part about CM/local community preview interesting. Just imagine the coverage & hype this will generate. I'm assuming the preview will span a week or so (some period between April 20th and 29th):

"In the days leading up to the public opening on April 30, Disneyland Resort will invite cast members and members of the local community to be the first theme park guests after more than a year of closure. A Touch of Disney, the limited-time ticketed experience which has sold out, will go on as planned from March 18 through April 19. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter