• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's likely they are going to have to prorate and refund the entire pass and then you'll have to rebuy what you want. But hopefully you get some help!

From the FlexPass Superthread (6/22/20):
So I was told something interesting when I spoke to someone in AP monthly payments today. According to him and his supervisor, on May 22 Disney set all monthly paying APs for people who hadn't already made the choice to extend to option 1 (the refund for March 14-April 4 payment, payments will resume once park is open and pass will expire on regular date with no extension for closure choice). However, it's still possible to call and request the extension. He called this a one-time "allowance" by Disney — even though I pointed out Disney never communicated a deadline for making the choice on either its website or AP emails. So I think calling it an allowance or exemption is a bit much. But if anyone wants the extension, I'd suggest calling ASAP just to be safe. I called the AP line to do this last week, but had to wait for the monthly payments line to open today to have it applied. And my pass expires in July, so I don't know if this applies to passes that already expired during the closure. But even though I knew option 1 is what Disney said they'd default to, I got nervous when I realized it had already been done. (Truthfully, how the CM communicated it was part of it and why I got a bit panicky. Luckily our communication improved from there on.)

View attachment 503383
Tokyo Disney opens on July 1. So Disneyland/DCA are the last of the Disney parks to reopen. But all will be reopening in July.
And here's the DIS article, too: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Set to Open July 1.
Something interesting to note from the above article: "Guests will be required to wear masks at all times inside the parks, except when dining. However, in order to prevent heatstroke, during the summer season when the temperature and humidity are high, if guests are outdoors with adequate distance from other people, masks may be removed."

Will we have to reserve days in the park for a March visit? Sounds like those going to WDW are going to on June 28th.

Have any Flex Pass AP holders who canceled the remainder of their pass by phone received their prorated refunds yet? Just wondering if I missed an announcement on when that would happen. Thanks!
As far as I know, they cannot issue any refunds for the closed days until they know exactly how many days the parks are closed. While they are planning to reopen July 17, there's no guarantee that they will.

Will we have to reserve days in the park for a March visit? Sounds like those going to WDW are going to on June 28th.
WDW has said that their reservation system will be in place until late September 2021. DLR has not made any official announcement about the duration of their reservation system. Keep watching the first page of this superthread to see when that news gets posted!

I called to move our 11/26-11/28 to PPH from off site. I was told by the CM that PPH was no longer offering concierge level at all. Normally I can only use the military discount on Concierge level rooms so was happy that I received it for the standard room.

Are Salute tickets included in the ticket freeze? Thank you!
I’m glad you got the discount you wanted!!

Fwiw, at least today, I am seeing PPH CL available to book when I put in a random date in Aug so idk what the CM was seeing. Maybe the military discount has changed or maybe it was pulled from the system and put back in (again. They did that at least once before 🤣)

As far as I know, they cannot issue any refunds for the closed days until they know exactly how many days the parks are closed. While they are planning to reopen July 17, there's no guarantee that they will.

In my case, the Flex AP expired on 6/1 so I figured they know exactly how many days' worth to refund. Wondering if there are others in a similar situation who have chosen to take the refund option?

Repeating this reminder:
For everyone posting here: The title says it all. This Superthread is for official news and updates regarding the DLR reopening (DL, DCA, DTD, and hotels). All speculation about the reopening needs to go in the Disneyland Reopening Speculation Thread on the Disneyland Community Board.

Also, when posting about WDW news, PLEASE make that absolutely clear at the top of your post!
I guess my question is why is anything on this particular thread about WDW when the topic is Disneyland specific. Right now there is no information about how the reservation system at DL will work. I've been checking the DL website daily and it still says

"Park Reservations: Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon."

It would seem that there is nothing concrete to report yet for DL on the reservation system.

If I am reading the park reservation information correctly, I would need a valid park admission to make a reservation. We will be in Southern California during the week of August 10th and would like to visit DL one of those days. Once the reservation system opens, does this mean I will need to purchase park tickets in advance, link them on MDE and then make the reservations once that system opens? I'm just worried that I won't be able to make a reservation and then I am stuck with DL tickets that I may not be able to use.

I know we only have the reservation system at WDW to go by at this point, I am just thinking they would likely use the same system at DL.

I believe Disney has stopped the sale of new tickets... it’s currently unknown when Disney might resume ticket sales. The reservation system right now will be for existing ticket holders and AP holders. Hopefully Disney will open ticket sales again soon, but right now I don’t think you’re in luck...

I believe Disney has stopped the sale of new tickets... it’s currently unknown when Disney might resume ticket sales. The reservation system right now will be for existing ticket holders and AP holders. Hopefully Disney will open ticket sales again soon, but right now I don’t think you’re in luck...
Ok thanks - that's what I suspected when I saw the info. about ticket sales being stopped at that time.

I guess my question is why is anything on this particular thread about WDW when the topic is Disneyland specific. Right now there is no information about how the reservation system at DL will work...
While this thread is dedicated to all official information about DLR's reopening, there have indeed been few official announcements about that so far. In the meantime, many people are interested in how the other Disney Parks are handling their reopening process. That official information can give people here some idea of what might happen when DLR finally does open their reservation system and reopen DTD, the parks, and the on site hotels. Of course, people here know that the official information from the other Disney Parks does not mean that DLR will reopen their parks exactly the same way. And this is why all the information from the other parks is not posted on the first page of this superthread. All the official information on the first page is for DLR only.
It is fine if you aren't interested in the reopening information from the other Disney Parks. In that case, focus on the first page of this thread. That page is updated regularly (the dates in red show when each post is updated).

Good catch from @hiroMYhero below. The information is for WDW, but keep it in mind:

I just checked the WDW Park Reservation page and this alert is part of the booking info. You can check Park Availability. DL should have the same message:

“Check to see if your desired date and park is currently available before purchasing your ticket, Annual Pass or package. Please keep your preference in mind when selecting your ticket. You will need to make your theme park reservation after purchasing.“

Ok thanks - that's what I suspected when I saw the info. about ticket sales being stopped at that time.
You can find the information about the current pause on the sale of new DLR park tickets on page one of this superthread, specifically in posts 4 (posted 6/10/20) and 5 (updated 6/22/20). Checking the first page of this thread is usually the quickest way to find the most recent information about official DLR announcements.
When DLR announces that new tickets and APs will be for sale again, you'll see it posted on the first page here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter