DLP Planning Video?

craig

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is a planning video for DLP? It would be very helpful for us.

If you have Sky TV, wait for the DLP advert to come on (the "Jack... this is only the entrance" one) and when it does it will tell you to press the red button (shaped as a Mickey head - nice touch!) You go through a few stages filling in basic info about you and if you've ever been to DLP before, nothing personal, and make a very short local area phone call through the sky box. Then it says it will send you the planning DVD. I assume this is a Paris planning DVD as this doesn't happen on the Florida ads and all the questions it asks are about DLP but I've never heard of one before. Will keep you posted as I'll either end up with two Florida's or one of each!!!

Caught the advert on Sky One on 9th January, so hoping for DLRP dvd :flower:

Reid

They used to do one that was available if you phoned, didn't they? It's a shame they are now restricting that to Sky viewers.

Order the WDW from Sky last week, arrived this morning :)
Still waiting for DLRP DVD from 9th January :confused3

Reid

Had a brochure through the post today. Not sure where that came from though as there was no mention of Sky TV in the letter with it. When I put my details through on Sky I put my name down and this was addressed to my partner (the Sky contract is in his name) Oh confusion! :confused: Maybe this was just sent to us because we went there over new years? Will keep waiting for the DVD though, just in case!

I also requested a DLRP DVD via Sky, and received a brochure in the post yesterday.

The bizarre things was that it as the old brochure - ie Winter 2004/2005.

....but no DVD.

Iain Chapman said:
I also requested a DLRP DVD via Sky, and received a brochure in the post yesterday.

....but no DVD.

Same thing here, old brochure. Wierd.

Thanks for the link - I too ordered the brochure in the hope of getting the DVD, beautifully done but what a pity it's not a little longer - I was tempted to buy it on Ebay the other day, quite glad I kept my tenner now. :flower:

Thanks Reid - that's such a good DVD - except that it stirs up all sorts of feelings and we aren't going until November - boo! hoo!! :sad:

Iain Chapman said:

....but no DVD.

That happened to me the first time I tried it also. Got the old brochure for winter 04 rather than this years. I tried again though and got the DVD but I confess I was a bit disappointed with it. I sort of expected a glorified advert but that was more or less what I got - just an advert. No information about the different seasons at DLP, or details about dates when these things occur. It wouldn't be much help if you were trying to choose which events you wanted to see.

Fingers crossed I have the planning DVD on its way to me - I saw an advert on Bravo last night which said 'click here' on a red Mickey symbol and it asked for my details to receive a brochure and DVD - here's hoping they have the DVD sorted now.

You might be interested to know that there is now a new version of the UK DLRP planning DVD available with the Spring/Summer brochure.

New version:
dlrppromodvd2_1sm.jpg

This new version has that 5min video as not the whole DVD but just the INTRO!! There are then options to see videos of both parks, Disney Village and the Hotels. In total, with the intro included, the videos are now about 25mins in length. There are also a couple of nice extras - Resort Maps and Learn To Draw Mickey (featuring Goofy at the Art of Disney Animation in WDS).

The menus are really excellent now, and they use some really nice music on there aswell.

Kris has got both the DLP guide and WDS guide videos online here: www.dlrp.co.uk (at the bottom of the page)

DLRP are really outdoing themselves already this year! :teeth: :teeth: New attractions announced, Magic Unlimited, Kids Carnival, Easter Season, Mission 2, excellent planning DVDs... It's unbelieveable.

After clicking the red mouse logo on Sky and filling in my details I waited, and hoped. Today the DLRP Planning DVD arrived! It has just this minute popped through the letterbox and I am going to wait till tonight and watch it with DW, but at least it does exist!

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter