Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you book a standard view room? There are some bunk beds in the standard view category that are available by request.Call central reservations and have the request added to your reservation. They will try to honor it but no guarantees. :)

Whats the number for Central reservations

Excuse me for asking a maybe over asked question. We have never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. I'm wondering about the bunk beds. Hard to get a bunk bed room? Able to request it? My daughter thought that would be awesome.

We got one without asking. My son liked them a lot the first few days, then the novelty wore off! I imagine it's great if you have 2 kids and actually want to share the bed with your spouse.

I thought bunk bed room was a separate category? We are booked in a standard room at Thanksgiving but would love bunk beds. I'm hesitant to request such a room, though, as I don't want Disney to think I am indicating that I am willing to pay for an upgrade.

Right now, bunk beds are bookable for courtyard view only. Some std rooms have bunk beds too, probably because they used to be woods view bunk bed, although that isn't clear on the WDW website.

Edit: outside the US, this may not be true.
:thanks: for the correction.

Last edited:

Hi! Just booked a last minute long weekend Christmas trip at WL! Was able to get two rooms (one for my family of four and one for my in-laws and brother in law). All that was available was bunk beds courtyard view, (not so great for my brother-in-law who is an adult, but that's ok). Would love to request a room with a great view (Lake? Geyser? Pool? Lodge?)
Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hi! Just booked a last minute long weekend Christmas trip at WL! Was able to get two rooms (one for my family of four and one for my in-laws and brother in law). All that was available was bunk beds courtyard view, (not so great for my brother-in-law who is an adult, but that's ok). Would love to request a room with a great view (Lake? Geyser? Pool? Lodge?)
The rooms closest to the end of the building would have the best view of the lake and Geyser Point. You could also keep checking for a regular room to open up. Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to switch as the trip gets closer, but there is no guarantee. :)

Ooohhh...choices, choices! We were on CL and requested a view of the fireworks (more DH than me) and liked it but I could see us also staying in the lake view as I loved the framing of the lake and the nice peaceful, quietness. It's a beautiful hotel and grounds so I don't think you can go wrong with any view.

We just booked a Courtyard View 2 queen beds room. Is that view definitely of the inner courtyard? Am I correct in saying that we will either see the lake, pool, or greenery as you get closer to the lobby? I guess my real question is could courtyard view be an outer courtyard view, meaning facing the woods towards the Dvc side of the resort?

We just booked a Courtyard View 2 queen beds room. Is that view definitely of the inner courtyard? Am I correct in saying that we will either see the lake, pool, or greenery as you get closer to the lobby? I guess my real question is could courtyard view be an outer courtyard view, meaning facing the woods towards the Dvc side of the resort?

No hotel rooms face BRV DVC anymore. Those rooms are all CCV DVC rooms. So your view for Courtyard will be of the main Lodge pool and Bay Lake. The farther down the north wing you are, towards the boat dock, the better the lake view, although it puts you closer to the pool too, which can be a little bit load in the afternoon. You can also request a bear face room that face out to the lake. They also are very close to the lobby. There aren't a lot of them since the South Wing changing to DVC.

No hotel rooms face BRV DVC anymore. Those rooms are all CCV DVC rooms. So your view for Courtyard will be of the main Lodge pool and Bay Lake. The farther down the north wing you are, towards the boat dock, the better the lake view, although it puts you closer to the pool too, which can be a little bit load in the afternoon. You can also request a bear face room that face out to the lake. They also are very close to the lobby. There aren't a lot of them since the South Wing changing to DVC.

Thank you Danikoski. That is perfect, exactly what we wanted!

Can someone give me a "traffic" update? We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge a few times but Copper Creek was under construction so the resort was operating under low capacity. I think I was spoiled by the transportation and quiet lobby. Headed back in early December, rented points for 4 studios at Boulder Ridge to bring along extended family. How's the resort capacity? Is Copper Creek totally full? How's the bus and boat traffic/crowds? Thanks!

Can someone give me a "traffic" update? We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge a few times but Copper Creek was under construction so the resort was operating under low capacity. I think I was spoiled by the transportation and quiet lobby. Headed back in early December, rented points for 4 studios at Boulder Ridge to bring along extended family. How's the resort capacity? Is Copper Creek totally full? How's the bus and boat traffic/crowds? Thanks!

December is typically a very busy season at BRV and I would suspect CCV as well. Though CCV isn't anywhere near sold out yet, it would be wise to expect the resort to be busy. And Wilderness Lodge does attract many visitors during the holiday season so it may not be as quiet as you remember. Nonetheless, I expect you will have a wonderful time even with the resort at near to full capacity. Have a great trip!

Well...the week of 8 Oct was crazy as far as crowds and believe hotel was at capacity. Most mornings we took our car to a park (AK or HS) just to avoid the wait on the bus. The boat seemed easier and faster to take over to magic kingdom and/or to take monorail to Epcot. We were on club level so we did not do much eating downstairs in roaring fork etc although had a really nice dinner at artist point(reservations really needed). Hope this helps

Overall the total capacity of the resort in number of people has been diminished by the Copper Creek conversion, since the villas take up much more space for the number of people they sleep. With the addition of Geyser Point and Roaring Fork back open and running, the QS food capacity is better than ever. We were there in late August, so crowds were not at their peak, but I would expect similar or even quieter crowd levels in early December. While there may be more people around than during the construction, it still has the quiet feel that we love. Have a great trip, it is great to see the resort all finished with everything up and running.

DVC resorts are sold out for early December like always. CCV might not be yet since so little has been declared into DVC points inventory. Most of CCV will be available for cash through Disney Reservation Center. Your four studios might not be able to be close to each other since the first two weeks of December are so popular with DVC members.

Thanks everyone, for the updates!

Your four studios might not be able to be close to each other since the first two weeks of December are so popular with DVC members.

Yeah, I am hoping for the best but I understand it will be hard. I put it in as a request, our only request. But at least we are all at the same resort, that's a huge bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter