Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't visited WL since Boulder Ridge was added. We have a DVC villa booked next month. Are we able to have a room with a firework view there? Or, does anyone have a recommendation for a nice view. I've looked on TP and can't decide if I even want to request anything! This is an all adult girls trip and we won't really be in the room much.

I haven't visited WL since Boulder Ridge was added. We have a DVC villa booked next month. Are we able to have a room with a firework view there? Or, does anyone have a recommendation for a nice view. I've looked on TP and can't decide if I even want to request anything! This is an all adult girls trip and we won't really be in the room much.

I'd request close to elevator, facing lake or pool. Some of the rooms at the end of the hall overlook dumpsters from what I remember...not the greatest view.

Boulder Ridge was added about 2000 and was called The Villas at Wilderness Lodge. They renamed VWL to Boulder Ridge when they started renovations of the one wing of the Lodge into DVC villas which were called Copper Creek Villas. None of the villas have a fireworks view. If you are in BRV, you might now get a lake view instead of just all woods view.

Sorry if this has been asked, but has construction eliminated the Woods View category? If so, is there an ETA for it to return or are these rooms now part of the Standard View inventory?

How is Uber/Lyft service from WL to the parks? We are currently booked at Poly for 6 nights, but I am considering switching to a split stay with 2-3 nights at WL. My only concern is all the bad reviews about transportation from WL. I don't mind using Uber or Lyft instead though. Is that a good option from WL? TIA!

My only concern is all the bad reviews about transportation from WL. I don't mind using Uber or Lyft instead though. Is that a good option from WL? TIA!

What concerns do you have? We find transportation from WL as good or better than most other resorts. You are a short boat ride away from MK and the buses may stop at Ft. Wilderness or Contemporary but this was not a problem for us. I can't ever remember waiting more than 20 minutes for a bus, but I am sure it has happened to others.

Uber and Lyft function at Wilderness Lodge the same as they do at any of the other resorts.

How is Uber/Lyft service from WL to the parks? We are currently booked at Poly for 6 nights, but I am considering switching to a split stay with 2-3 nights at WL. My only concern is all the bad reviews about transportation from WL. I don't mind using Uber or Lyft instead though. Is that a good option from WL? TIA!
Just fyi: the buses in the AM were great for us...except Friday EMH at MK. Our biggest issue was coming back for our midday break at Epcot and leaving DHS after the Star Wars show. So I would suggest trying the morning buses and maybe doing uber the other parts of the day. Fortunately for us, we had our car, so we just started using it the rest of the trip, except to MK.

Sorry if this has been asked, but has construction eliminated the Woods View category? If so, is there an ETA for it to return or are these rooms now part of the Standard View inventory?
Woods View has not been bookable since the construction started, but those rooms are in use and currently available with Standard View reservations. We have heard reports that outside of the US the Woods View category is still available, so it may be coming back soon but we haven’t seen it yet.

Can anyone suggest a standard view room request? If I'm looking at dumpsters or the parking lot my head will explode. Long story...

I'm glad you mentioned this. I just went to make sure my "upper floor" room request was there for my trip next week. Looks like there are now zero choices to select for room requests for my standard view room. I'm wondering if it's just a system glitch so I'll keep checking back.
Ultimately I'd rather just have a room ready early over any other request since we aren't going into the parks until the evening on arrival day. But I'd love to be able to keep that "upper floor" request on there.

Anyone else run into this recently?

I'm glad you mentioned this. I just went to make sure my "upper floor" room request was there for my trip next week. Looks like there are now zero choices to select for room requests for my standard view room. I'm wondering if it's just a system glitch so I'll keep checking back.
Ultimately I'd rather just have a room ready early over any other request since we aren't going into the parks until the evening on arrival day. But I'd love to be able to keep that "upper floor" request on there.

Anyone else run into this recently?

I can never get the room requests to work in MDE. Apparently there are glitches all the time. I may call them today to request an upper floor room.

So excited, just booked WL for 8/19-8/24, as first leg of a split stay-- our first time back at WDW in 14 YEARS and first trip ever for our kids!

Another standard view room request question- TA indicated that bunk beds was a room request we could make, and I've also seen the frequent recommendations here for an upper level room request for a chance at fireworks view. Is prioritizing room requests a thing? I'd rather request just the upper level if the bunk bed request has any chance of being recognized over the upper level. I realize that requests are not guaranteed.

Thanks!

I've posted before about this issue and just wondering if anyone might have heard of any updates. I would love to stay WL CL in April, but there is no availability, the deluxe room with CL access is available. I have been checking for two months. Seemed strange that it would be completely booked that far in advance. So then I started checking other dates. Basically WL CL is not available from 4/7 to 6/7. There is availability at peak times in March and even over Easter weekend. Somebody mentioned maybe they are doing a soft refurb of the rooms. I have not seen anyone post that they are staying CL those months on this thread or the CL thread. Just curious if anyone has heard anything or if you know anyone who is staying CL during April and May.

I've posted before about this issue and just wondering if anyone might have heard of any updates. I would love to stay WL CL in April, but there is no availability, the deluxe room with CL access is available. I have been checking for two months. Seemed strange that it would be completely booked that far in advance. So then I started checking other dates. Basically WL CL is not available from 4/7 to 6/7. There is availability at peak times in March and even over Easter weekend. Somebody mentioned maybe they are doing a soft refurb of the rooms. I have not seen anyone post that they are staying CL those months on this thread or the CL thread. Just curious if anyone has heard anything or if you know anyone who is staying CL during April and May.

We returned last Friday night from a wonderful week at WL CL (exceptional staff, variety of food selections and excellent transportation experience). This was our third time staying here Club Level and it exceeded our expectations from other visits. As a result we decided to switch our February reservation from Yacht Club CL to WL CL. Oddly when I went online to make the change I immediately noticed that rather than "Club Level" the Disney website said "Club Level Access" for standard rooms.....hmm, that's new. I asked one of the CL cast members that evening and he said he would find out for me (he even went on the website while I was at the desk and saw the new notation). The next day I went back to ask and he said upon inquiring he was told that the Lodge rooms would be undergoing refurbishment/construction (the cast members had not been previously told about this so he was glad I had asked). The 7th floor and the 6th floor will be first out of inventory (due to potential noise) for the remodel so guests can book other rooms in the lodge and have access to the newly remodeled club lounge - meaning that a WL CL stay will require you to use the elevator to access club level amenities while work is being done. That was enough to cause us to leave our Feb. stay at Yacht Club CL and we will return to WL after this construction. I don't know how much is being announced or if a timeline has been confirmed, but that is the information I received from CL staff. I'm sure it will be a disappointment to many others like us, but, truth be told, the Lodge rooms do need some TLC so we are hoping for something fresh in the future.

We returned last Friday night from a wonderful week at WL CL (exceptional staff, variety of food selections and excellent transportation experience). This was our third time staying here Club Level and it exceeded our expectations from other visits. As a result we decided to switch our February reservation from Yacht Club CL to WL CL. Oddly when I went online to make the change I immediately noticed that rather than "Club Level" the Disney website said "Club Level Access" for standard rooms.....hmm, that's new. I asked one of the CL cast members that evening and he said he would find out for me (he even went on the website while I was at the desk and saw the new notation). The next day I went back to ask and he said upon inquiring he was told that the Lodge rooms would be undergoing refurbishment/construction (the cast members had not been previously told about this so he was glad I had asked). The 7th floor and the 6th floor will be first out of inventory (due to potential noise) for the remodel so guests can book other rooms in the lodge and have access to the newly remodeled club lounge - meaning that a WL CL stay will require you to use the elevator to access club level amenities while work is being done. That was enough to cause us to leave our Feb. stay at Yacht Club CL and we will return to WL after this construction. I don't know how much is being announced or if a timeline has been confirmed, but that is the information I received from CL staff. I'm sure it will be a disappointment to many others like us, but, truth be told, the Lodge rooms do need some TLC so we are hoping for something fresh in the future.
Thank you so much for this information. I knew something had to be going on with the rooms, even with smaller inventory of CL rooms it did not make sense that they were sold out for two months. I am booked for WL standard and was just hoping to upgrade to CL if something opened up, doing a split stay with BC CL in April. I will have to think about the CL access rooms. We did AKL CL two years ago and did the elevator, not convenient but still enjoyed the lounge. Again thanks for the info, that will help people thinking about CL later in the year they will be happy to know they are getting refurb rooms.

Thank you so much for this information. I knew something had to be going on with the rooms, even with smaller inventory of CL rooms it did not make sense that they were sold out for two months. I am booked for WL standard and was just hoping to upgrade to CL if something opened up, doing a split stay with BC CL in April. I will have to think about the CL access rooms. We did AKL CL two years ago and did the elevator, not convenient but still enjoyed the lounge. Again thanks for the info, that will help people thinking about CL later in the year they will be happy to know they are getting refurb rooms.
Does the refurb apply only to CL rooms, or are they doing the whole Lodge?

I had the same question so thanks for asking - and thanks for the feedback @GrumpyGal50! I'm in the same position as you, @no one - I'm booked standard at AKL for the 3rd week of April but trying to keep my options open for upgrading to Club level somewhere, and had noticed that about WL!

I had the same question so thanks for asking - and thanks for the feedback @GrumpyGal50! I'm in the same position as you, @no one - I'm booked standard at AKL for the 3rd week of April but trying to keep my options open for upgrading to Club level somewhere, and had noticed that about WL!
As a further update. I had my agent check into it. The reservations person she spoke to said there were no notes in the system about a remodel or renovation. And would be surprised if there were because of the major renovation they just did. She said standard room was always a bookable option for CL, but there may be some confusion because Disney is re-classifying the descriptions of many rooms. Ie, to make it clear the room is just a standard room but you have access to club level so people dont think the room is larger or more special in some way. I still find it odd that the rooms are booked for two months.

Just got back from a weekend stay in a CCV studio. We lucked out and got room 4115 which was handicap accessible. I looked at the map and all rooms ending in 115 have this same configuration but not all are handicap. It almost felt like a one bedroom. It had a separate living area and separate bedroom area instead of the regular studio layout. If you want a little more room in your studio consider requesting a room ending in 115.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter