Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I've spent all day packing myself. We leave the second DGD gets in from Girl's Choir practice tomorrow and DH and I both work all day tomorrow. So had to get packed up today.

I'm glad to not have the usual summer heat but it's so much harder to pack this time of year. Upper 70's in the day time but 50's at night so we need jackets and maybe even pants

We are here and really struggling with the food court. Staff is short, they don't understand the menu and offering are very themed and out of my family's taste buds. This will deff lean us back to riverside in the future. The "island" in the middle of the food court is the worst idea EVER... You can't find your family and find yourself going round and round it to find what your need. Very poor design choice for crowd flow.

Just walked by the food court.... Looks like they have removed some of the island.... must have realized that wasn't a good plan ;). Now if they would only bring back the normal cheese steak and chicken salad that we loved from before....

Does this resort usually fill up fairly quickly for summers since it's a smaller resort? Interested in staying at this one and just wondering how far in advance you should make the reservations.

I gather not. Even the jester figure is gone, as they've put the registers in there to open up some space.

However they then moved the Grab'n'Go cabinets to the middle of the serving area, which just clogs it up again (today people are pushing the cabinets around to see if they can make it work any better

Maybe they need to drop "Floatworks" from the name of the food court as it doesn't resemble a warehouse anymore. Such a shame, the imagineers supposedly searched all over New Orleans for the different props displayed in the food court before it opened in 1991.

Here's some additional photos posted by the podcast team:http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/port-orleans-french-quarter-food-court-reopens/

I am going to miss the masks and the old decor of the food court, it was unique.

Looks like they took away the create your own yogurt parfait . Really enjoyed that. DH would get a waffle which I would take about an ear & a bit more off and eat with my parfait. Hopefully the mickey waffle is the still big one that they made at the station and not the 3 minis. The minis on the old bounty platter always tasted as if they been sitting in a tray for a while.

If I was to eat only at the Sassagoula food court, could some of you give me ballpark estimates of what it would cost for two people to eat there? We would probably have a small breakfast; cereal, pastries, or beignets, then two other meals. TIA.

From every review I've read people that were actually there have said that they will indeed add some decor as time goes on, so I do hope there's a bit more color coming.

If I was to eat only at the Sassagoula food court, could some of you give me ballpark estimates of what it would cost for two people to eat there? We would probably have a small breakfast; cereal, pastries, or beignets, then two other meals. TIA.

Pastries are about $5, cooked breakfast $7-11
Meals are $8-15.
Plus drinks which are $3 or $18 for unlimited refills for your stay.

Menu on the Disney site https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...oula-floatworks-and-food-factory/menus/dinner
Menu at All Ears http://allears.net/dining/menu/sassagoula-floatworks-and-food-factory/lunch-dinner and http://allears.net/dining/menu/sassagoula-floatworks-and-food-factory/breakfast

Are the comforters actual comforters with a duvet or a regular blanket with a duvet?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest