Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the skyliner line later in the morning? Asking anyone who’s been there recently. We have no intention to rope drop DHS so would head there later in the morning (11ish maybe?). We would probably like to get to Epcot at 12ish for 11 opening. Just wondering what it’s like at that time of day.

The Skyliner was walk-on for us later in the morning on Saturday. Such a pleasant experience! At about 3:30 we jumped back on it to quickly go back to Pop to ditch our backpack and droid box. Super quick turnaround to get back to Studios. Riding Skyliner back again at night in the dark was beautiful!

For those planning to visit Pop early in 2021, a new discount was dropped today that includes rooms at Pop! Dates of stay are most nights between Jan 3, 2021 and Apr 17, 2021.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/special-offers/room-offer-early-2021/
My TA was on this before I even woke up this AM. Got the discount at POP for 2/24/21 arrival. standard accessible room.
Wed 148, thur 158, fri 189....looks like 20% discount
And Movies was much lower but we like Pop with access to the skyliner for DH who drives an ECV.

Last edited:

I’m struggling between whether we rent a car vs trying the buses vs taking an Uber.

How is the magical express wait times? We get to MCO at 11:30 so thought about renting a car so we could get to MK quickly. I think before we had to wait a while for the Pop bus and then we were last to be dropped off.

I’m also nervous about the bus wait times to get to a park. I thought renting a car would solve that but with them not opening the parking lots until later, I’m not sure that’s much of a benefit either. 😕

I’m struggling between whether we rent a car vs trying the buses vs taking an Uber.

How is the magical express wait times? We get to MCO at 11:30 so thought about renting a car so we could get to MK quickly. I think before we had to wait a while for the Pop bus and then we were last to be dropped off.

I’m also nervous about the bus wait times to get to a park. I thought renting a car would solve that but with them not opening the parking lots until later, I’m not sure that’s much of a benefit either. 😕

For us, we are going to Uber/Lyft when needed... more cost effective than renting a car for the whole time and avoids me trying to figure out the whole parking lot opening situation (my head hurts). I figure that the Uber/Lyft drivers have been doing this for several weeks - why not let them drop me at a nearby resort (where I can mobile order a hot chocolate and walk over early to MK/Epcot) or right at the front of Animal Kingdom. Good luck in your decision!!!

We are one day 5 of pop. The buses have been coming about 1 hour and 15mins before park opening. We used them for MK and AK and were some of the first in the parks. We lined up for bus 2 hours before offical park opening.

they have a sign up tonight stating movies under the stars is finding Nemo and starts at 8.

Attachments

• AD31B3D0-2E06-4ADD-89D7-302E07ADF596.jpeg
    AD31B3D0-2E06-4ADD-89D7-302E07ADF596.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 18
@katyringo How has the food court been working out for you guys? I have heard mixed reviews.
We’ve only used it twice and once wa adjust for drinks. The food the other time was meh.. cold fries. We’ve basically avoided it. You have to use mobile order and now allowed to go in until you show the CM that your order is ready. That is the procedure everywhere, not just at pop.

We are one day 5 of pop. The buses have been coming about 1 hour and 15mins before park opening. We used them for MK and AK and were some of the first in the parks. We lined up for bus 2 hours before offical park opening.

they have a sign up tonight stating movies under the stars is finding Nemo and starts at 8.
Is it so crowded that you have to line up so early or/and because of COVID? What time where they allowing you in AK being that early? I know you can wonder around Main street area at MK but did they let you line up early for a ride any? We will be there at the end of November.

Is it so crowded that you have to line up so early or/and because of COVID? What time where they allowing you in AK being that early? I know you can wonder around Main street area at MK but did they let you line up early for a ride any? We will be there at the end of November.

we were able to walk all the way to Pandora and they had a spot where they were having the line form for FOP and then they walked us to the ride.

Hi! I’m 19 days from a trip with my mom. This is an unexpected trip, and I haven’t been keeping up with my WDW knowledge since the reopening.

What is the current best rope dropping transportation (method and timing) from Pop to each park? We won’t have a car.

Thanks!

What time does the skyliner start running in the mornings? We have an 8:45 breakfast reservation at the Riviera Resort. Will it be running by then? How early will we need to get in line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter