Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning a trip for the first week in December. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge many many times, CBR, POR, Poly twice and once at the YC. I am thinking of trying to save money and stay at POP...do you think since we are so used to moderates and deluxe that we will be very disappointed by staying at Pop? It will only be the 2 of us and no kids, so room size is not an issue. Only problem will be that we will have a scooter in the room so would I have to request a first floor room? Will the scooter fit comfortably?

It's a bummer they do not have rollaway cots. They would be perfect for this layout.

They do have rollaway cots for a cost of $10/night. Haven't heard that they are doing away with these.

We are planning a trip for the first week in December. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge many many times, CBR, POR, Poly twice and once at the YC. I am thinking of trying to save money and stay at POP...do you think since we are so used to moderates and deluxe that we will be very disappointed by staying at Pop? It will only be the 2 of us and no kids, so room size is not an issue. Only problem will be that we will have a scooter in the room so would I have to request a first floor room? Will the scooter fit comfortably?

I truly believe a lot will depend on your outlook going in. You're on a board of people who love Pop so many of us would choose Pop over moderate or deluxe resorts. :) Pop is a great resort with wonderful bus service. I hope you enjoy your stay there!

We have had a scooter in our room many times. It's a little tricky getting it in and out of the room but a lot of that will be diminished in the new rooms when the Murphy bed is raised. It will be easy to get the scooter and and out. We've also had no problems with space even with a scooter and stroller in the same room. The rooms are all the same size on all floors so requesting a ground floor room will have more to do with your comfort level of using the elevator with a scooter. We've never had a ground floor room with the scooter and never experienced any problems.

With the new rooms I would say yes, with the murphy bed. Plus hardware floors are a plus

Got to love they are still posting on list plans a 20 day turn around ........... guess they can't count cause these rooms so far took way longer than that.
The list is "Turn 20"--there's 19 other turns--groups of rooms being refurbed to the same dates--at least, each with a different start date...

We love Pop, and we have stayed at Moderates several times. We never did Pop without kids though. But we would.

I think it depends on how important the room is to you. We use the rooms to sleep and shower. We are rarely in them. Our kids go in the pools about five days each stay because we don't go to the parks on the weekends.

There are no slides in the pool area, and the restaurant is pretty much cafeteria style. There are no table service restaurants if that's important to you. We only do table service restaurants when we are at the parks or Disney Springs.

The list is "Turn 20"--there's 19 other turns--groups of rooms being refurbed to the same dates--at least, each with a different start date...

Hi. Thanks again!

Some of the list was a little blurry when I tried zooming in. I was just wondering if you could tell me what it lists about closets. I think it lists "install closet units." ???

If I had only stayed Deluxe and Modern and was unaware of the differences in the pool areas I would find that difference disappointing. The Value pools feel like giant kiddie areas to me.

Hi. Thanks again!

Some of the list was a little blurry when I tried zooming in. I was just wondering if you could tell me what it lists about closets. I think it lists "install closet units." ???
"Deliver/install closet units and upper vanity."

I'll try to put up a larger version of that.

Update--the site wouldn't take my original 4mb photo, but if you click the one that's there it will get a little bigger--800 pixels instead of 570.

Got to love they are still posting on list plans a 20 day turn around ........... guess they can't count cause these rooms so far took way longer than that.

I'm guessing that some piece of furniture or some other fixture was back ordered or something, throwing the whole process off schedule. If that happened, they'd have to essentially grind to a halt and not move forward with the next block of rooms because they can't take too many out of service at once.

What does a fountain drink cost at Everything POP? Can't find a price on the menu. Trying to figure out if a refillable mug (still $18?) is worth it. Like the idea of it, but is it a pain to lug around to the parks, or return to the room instead?

What does a fountain drink cost at Everything POP? Can't find a price on the menu. Trying to figure out if a refillable mug (still $18?) is worth it. Like the idea of it, but is it a pain to lug around to the parks, or return to the room instead?
I think a good estimate for a resort QS is 3.29 with 3 refills

Depends which Moderate. At CBR you get 80 more sq. ft.
And it was noticeable! I was apprehensive about 2 adults, a teen, 2 kids and a baby in one room with our stroller etc. but it was comfortable.

I feel like I am in the minority but I really like the Pop refurb pics I have seen so far. I don't care for carpets (don't have any in my home) and a coffee maker and shelves make it even better.

Soft Drinks - Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Orange, Lemonade, Iced Tea $3.29

Refillable mug for length of stay is $17.99.

You'd have to buy 6 drinks per person length of stay to make the mug worth it.

The mug works for us because we spend four or five days at the pool.

We don't use them on Park days because then you do have to bring them back to the room, or carry them around with you all day at the parks. And you cannot use them at the parks. Except to refill maybe water at fountain. ??

I think a good estimate for a resort QS is 3.29 with 3 refills

Are you saying you can refill a disposable cup? And is that 3 refills per drink purchase? Like each time you buy a drink you can refill that one cup 3 times?

Update: Never mind. I see you have one hour to get 3 refills, and must wait at least 2 minutes in between refills.

Last edited:
Are you saying you can refill a disposable cup? And is that 3 refills per drink purchase? Like each time you buy a drink you can refill that one cup 3 times?

Yes - the disposable cups have RFID chips in them as well and allow 3 refills (I believe there is a time limit here as well, like 2 hours or something? So you can't come back the next day and get your 2nd or 3rd refill)

If your room is far, it can be a pain. We usually don't use them in the mornings, but will go fill them with the preferred drink at night when we get back from the room and put them in the fridge for the next morning. I ususally am the only one who brings one to the park in my family, because I need more than 1 cup of (cold from the fridge) coffee. But we also have a stroller so I just toss it underneath or clip it to the backpack.

And it was noticeable! I was apprehensive about 2 adults, a teen, 2 kids and a baby in one room with our stroller etc. but it was comfortable.

I feel like I am in the minority but I really like the Pop refurb pics I have seen so far. I don't care for carpets (don't have any in my home) and a coffee maker and shelves make it even better.

I'm with you. I love the look of the new rooms. We are going in a couple weeks, I know I won't get one, as I know we will be in the 60s with a PPV room. But next time.

I'm with you. I love the look of the new rooms. We are going in a couple weeks, I know I won't get one, as I know we will be in the 60s with a PPV room. But next time.
I have a PR room booked in a few weeks as well. IDK if I should change my reservation! I guess I will keep checking here and wait and see when the rooms are released into inventory.

Last edited:
I will be there first week of August and booked a preferred room. Anyone have any guesses if the Murphy beds are big and strong enough for a grown adult? I'm just apprehensive about it and don't want to sleep 2 people in one real bed...I booked 2 real beds, I want 2 real beds.

Slightly off topic, but not terribly. Please remind me of what holds or charges are put on your card at check-in. Do they hold anything up front for incidentals? Charge your card for everything at check-out? I vaguely recall having to settle up mid way thru and then again at check-out? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter