Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I figured. I finally bit the bullet and "splurged" on preferred so really hoping to get that...

14 days til we are at pop!!

I didn't read back through all the posts on this thread so apologies if this has been said, but I got an email last week saying hippy dippy will be closed during our stay (11/30-12/4).

Just thinking out loud really but I wonder how they handle the inventory on these rooms.
I don't think a huge amount of rooms will be out of Inventory at any given time.

I don't think they will shut down a whole Building-just a few rooms in a Building and then return those to Inventory and move on to another few rooms in that Building,etc.

At least that is my "impression" from what I "gleaned" during my stay at POP last month.:)

14 days til we are at pop!!

I didn't read back through all the posts on this thread so apologies if this has been said, but I got an email last week saying hippy dippy will be closed during our stay (11/30-12/4).
Actually it is the Computer Pool-the email is in error according to all reports.:)

13 days until I am back at Pop! Haven't been at this time of year in ages, so hopefully I will figure out what kind of clothing mix to bring to keep from being too cold or too hot :)

Officially booking our May trip today! The past 2 years, I have originally booked at Pop but then changed resorts. I've never stayed here so maybe the 3rd time is a charm? Lol. Super excited!

Officially booking our May trip today! The past 2 years, I have originally booked at Pop but then changed resorts. I've never stayed here so maybe the 3rd time is a charm? Lol. Super excited!

You'll like it. Stayed there for 7 nights last week for the first time and we really liked it. We were in the 50s section behind the juke box on the backside so it was quiet. Friday morning was sad as we passed by a lot of me tags on the way to the elevator so we figured we were in the Saturday departure wing ☺

Enjoyed the pizza and the mickey waffles and our lunch at aoa. They were jack hammering in the computer pool last week Monday when we walked around pop and over to aoa.

13 days until I am back at Pop! Haven't been at this time of year in ages, so hopefully I will figure out what kind of clothing mix to bring to keep from being too cold or too hot :)

12 days!! I am with you - I've never been in Dec!! We always go in April so this is a first. Super pumped to see it all at xmas, but I'm feeling clothes confusion too -don't know how to pack for this season in FL...

This is a long shot, but I need to keep trying. I somehow lost my camera on the last day of my WDW vacation. If I had to guess, I think i lost it at the airport or on the airplane, but I don't want to leave any stone unturned. I left lost reports with POP, Central Lost and Found in case I lost it in MK or on the shuttle bus coming back to POP, Mears in case it was on DME, Orlando MCO airport, and Southwest. It's been 3 days and nothing so far, but I'm trying not to give up hope. I don't take pictures on my phone, so this is a huge loss for me. It was my 1 year old's birthday trip and first trip to Disney. So if anyone sees a black camera bag with a shoulder strap with a black Nikon inside (missing its lens cap), please turn it in.

12 days!! I am with you - I've never been in Dec!! We always go in April so this is a first. Super pumped to see it all at xmas, but I'm feeling clothes confusion too -don't know how to pack for this season in FL...

If you're confused, you've got it figured out! ;) But really, you have to keep checking the weather right up until time, and go for layers. Right now it's ranging from 50's to 70's. If it hits 60 in the morning then I try to just go with a long sleeve shirt and jeans that I keep on all day. If not, I go with a t-shirt and a long sleeved shirt over that, and jeans, then I peel the long sleeves off until the sun goes down. If it gets any colder I go with a zip up hoodie... I have had to wear a winter coat only once, but that is possible... and 80's are also possible. lol Have fun! ;)

If you're confused, you've got it figured out! ;) But really, you have to keep checking the weather right up until time, and go for layers. Right now it's ranging from 50's to 70's. If it hits 60 in the morning then I try to just go with a long sleeve shirt and jeans that I keep on all day. If not, I go with a t-shirt and a long sleeved shirt over that, and jeans, then I peel the long sleeves off until the sun goes down. If it gets any colder I go with a zip up hoodie... I have had to wear a winter coat only once, but that is possible... and 80's are also possible. lol Have fun! ;)

Thanks!! I'm a last min packer so that works out! My DS8 wears shorts and short sleeves when it's 50, he's the kid I have to beg to wear a sweatshirt so I don't look like a neglectful parent when he gets to school. So he's already told me FL =short sleeves and shorts. He's still wearing them in Nov in Boston anyway!! I tend to be colder

Does anyone know when they will be updating the dining plan 2017 list? It doesn't show any restaurants in Disney Springs. I am hoping they will have it out before the end of the year.

Here now - weather great, low 80s, tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 70s, from Tuesday on 78 and up. Check in took REALLY long, although we had the online check in done at home. Since we needed our MB (international guests), we had to hit the front desk, waited for 30-40 min. Mousekeeping for us was a bit of a problem from day one on. Arrival day : hair on our beds and in the bathroom sink and tub (went to housekeeping, they took care of it and gave me a half night refund - that was definetely a nice gesture!), next day: did not remove the used towels, left them on the floor; day three: room wasn't cleaned until I asked for it in the afternoon, around 3p.m. Actually, that would have been our nap time, since we hit the Park (AK) at 8am for PPO breakfast at Tusker. Well, we are on vacation, I always loved POP and still do, so not a real problem, just something I noticed. On the other hand wie got the exact room we were asking for, which was really great! Enjoying all the christmas decor, music and so on....It's awesome!

This is a long shot, but I need to keep trying. I somehow lost my camera on the last day of my WDW vacation. If I had to guess, I think i lost it at the airport or on the airplane, but I don't want to leave any stone unturned. I left lost reports with POP, Central Lost and Found in case I lost it in MK or on the shuttle bus coming back to POP, Mears in case it was on DME, Orlando MCO airport, and Southwest. It's been 3 days and nothing so far, but I'm trying not to give up hope. I don't take pictures on my phone, so this is a huge loss for me. It was my 1 year old's birthday trip and first trip to Disney. So if anyone sees a black camera bag with a shoulder strap with a black Nikon inside (missing its lens cap), please turn it in.

I'm so sorry you've lost your camera. I'll give you a tiny bit of hope though. I am an avid reader, to the point that I have 2 kindles just in case something were to happen to one of them, whether it be a loss, dead battery, breakage, etc. Our flight home is always a long one due to living in WA. We spend half the day in the park then have an 8+ hour flight home with a connection halfway. Needless to say, by the time we land in our home airport we are dead on our feet despite sleeping during most of our flights. We landed after 11pm. By the time we collected our luggage, got picked up, picked up my car and drove home we walked in the door at nearly 1am pacific time. Fast forward to the next morning when I frantically tear apart our suitcase, rolling duffle, carry on, 2 backpacks, purse, literally every single bag that came back with us only to not find my beloved kindle. I had no idea where I'd left it. It could've been left at MCO, as I remembered reading while we waiting to board, on either of the planes we were on or in probably half a dozen airport bathrooms. After having a good cry I called Southwest and filed a lost claim. I didn't hear back for nearly a week but they found my kindle and shipped it back to me.

I will caution that even after speaking to Southwest directly while the rep had my kindle in here hands (she pulled a piece of paper out of the pocket and read it to me to confirm it was mine) I received 2 or 3 more emails about my claim stating that it had not been located. I would call SW again and check on the status of your lost claim as it seems like their computer system doesn't always update quickly.

Edit: Okay, solution found! :)

Help, all!

My brother and his family (wife, DD6 and DD2) are just about to board a plane for a Thanksgiving week WDW trip, staying at Pop Century. (My parents are already there and, as proof of what kind of an organized family we are... I will be there 12/4-12/7 without them. Ha.)

My niece, the 6 year old, has her first EVER loose tooth and my brother said he's positive she's going to lose it this week, on property. Does Disney, specifically Pop, do anything (for a fee or not) for kids who lose their first tooth while there? Is there someone he could talk to, in order to make something happen? I did a quick search of the boards and there wasn't anything recent and nothing at Pop.

They're NOT expecting anything free, but if there's something that can be done, I'd love any information. Should he just go to concierge and see what can be done?

(I'm not sure how *I* got tasked with getting him an answer, but, oh the life of the big sister!)

(and YAY 13 days for me!!!)

Last edited:
My niece, the 6 year old, has her first EVER loose tooth and my brother said he's positive she's going to lose it this week, on property. Does Disney, specifically Pop, do anything (for a fee or not) for kids who lose their first tooth while there? Is there someone he could talk to, in order to make something happen? I did a quick search of the boards and there wasn't anything recent and nothing at Pop.

They're NOT expecting anything free, but if there's something that can be done, I'd love any information. Should he just go to concierge and see what can be done?

POP "may" do a little something if you talk to a "willing" CM,but they don't have a "formal" program.

Your best bet would be to work something up with Disney Floral & Gifts.:)

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do?rel=https://www.google.com/

Does anyone know when they will be updating the dining plan 2017 list? It doesn't show any restaurants in Disney Springs. I am hoping they will have it out before the end of the year.

It will be updated by the beginnig of the year - they are working out new contracts now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter