Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked in this morning in Hawaii building! First stay at the Poly and I am very impressed! Denise at club level check in desk was wonderful and you could tell she loved her job. In fact she told us the Poly was her favorite resort and place to work. The front desk ckerk was also very helpful and gave us an overview of the resort on our way to the check in area in the Hawaii building. We got our room around 1:30 ( we checked in around 10 am). We were here before breakfast was over so we had that today too. They were serving assorted lunchmeats, cheeses, boiled eggs, oatmeal, pastries, breads, bagels, and cereal. Fresh fruit was also served. They also had milk, juices, and water. During the midday offerings we saw grilled chicken slices, lettuce, pineapple salsa and a few other garnishes, veggie tray, chips, nuts, cookies ( yummy!) and the juice everyone talks about, lemonade, water, soda (we call it pop), some hard cider and a few other items in the Refrigerator.
Our room is nice and faces the Oasis pool. I have a the room service menu and if I can figure out how to upload pages I will, but I am not very tech savvy.
Question? Just ask.

Thanks for the Poly info. We are booked next May for CL GV so I know our room will view the Oasis pool. Just curious what floor you are on and if you made a specific room request. We are hoping for a ground floor room but also don't want to be on an "end" where the landscaping is in front of the patio rather than the lawn. Ha-ha - such problems! Just happy to be booked at the Poly!

We are at the Poly now. We did not have to go through bag check twice for Magic Kingdom. When we rode the monorail the bag check was on the Poly monorail platform. The monorail at Magic Kingdom exited inside the area after the bag check. When we rode the boat, the bag check was right when we got off the boat at Magic Kingdom. We did have to go through bag check twice for Epcot. We walked to TTC. Bags were checked at TTC and again at Epcot.

2.5 weeks! Absolutely cannot wait to check into the Poly for the first time on June 15!! I absolutely love the parks, but I'm so excited this trip will mostly be focused on the resort. The Poly is my absolute DREAM resort and I can't wait to explore everything it has to offer!!

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Here are some of the offerings. I will post more.

Thanks for the pics. Hope you're having a nice time and enjoying the Poly :).

Thank you for the pictures! My family will be there the 15th-25th of June so the photos are super exciting for us. :tigger:

Hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

We are at the Poly now. We did not have to go through bag check twice for Magic Kingdom. When we rode the monorail the bag check was on the Poly monorail platform. The monorail at Magic Kingdom exited inside the area after the bag check. When we rode the boat, the bag check was right when we got off the boat at Magic Kingdom. We did have to go through bag check twice for Epcot. We walked to TTC. Bags were checked at TTC and again at Epcot.

Thanks for the info. Hope you're enjoying your Poly stay :flower3:.

I highly recommend Uber Family. It launched last year in Orlando (they have carseats) and the drivers are fantastic. Had really great service and cheaper than a taxi!

Is this the best way to get to Epcot for rope drop from the Poly? I'm worried that the monorail doesn't run early enough.

I'm writing this while watching my 4 yo in the splash area. We both have dole whip drinks (hers is a smoothie, mine has rum. Both from the pool bar.) It's our first stay at the Poly and we're in Tokelau on the west/Oasis pool side.

I'm. In. Heaven. I love the location, love the resort, love the restaurants and bars. We put the kids to bed and watched fireworks from our patio last night-how cool is that??? Monorail to Epcot is a snap.

Oh we had a PPO ADR in Epcot and thinking about transportation caused me a fair amount of stress since we have 2 in car seats. Concierge recommended we use a mears taxi so that's what we did. It was super quick and reasonably priced ($13) but the car seats were dirty and expired. So I would not recommend this. Next time I'll wake the kids up at the crack of dawn and wait for the breakfast bus.
There was no breakfast bus to Epcot our last 2 stays. Pretty sure taxi / uber is the only option for PPOs if the monorail isn't running yet.

We are on the third floor about middle way, we requested first or third floor. Also, The entire first floor is closed in the Hawaii building. They are remodeling or something, I will ask about that In the lounge when I remember.

We are on the third floor about middle way, we requested first or third floor. Also, The entire first floor is closed in the Hawaii building. They are remodeling or something, I will ask about that In the lounge when I remember.

Really? We love the first floor and hope it's back up and running when we arrive in July.

First floor update in Hawaii......I was told they are securing the TV to the wall, removing cabinet doors in front of mini refrigerators, removing the ceiling fans and installing a large round light, and making the first floor look like the third floor. On the third floor the tv is on the wall, there is no ceiling fan but a large round light, and the refrigerator does not have a door on it. Below are pics of our room. Still having fun and locpvingbthe Poly!

Attachments

• IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1371.JPG
    IMG_1371.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 111
First floor update in Hawaii......I was told they are securing the TV to the wall, removing cabinet doors in front of mini refrigerators, removing the ceiling fans and installing a large round light, and making the first floor look like the third floor. On the third floor the tv is on the wall, there is no ceiling fan but a large round light, and the refrigerator does not have a door on it. Below are pics of our room. Still having fun and locpvingbthe Poly!

Thanks for the update. Normally I would say that this work would certainly be complete by the time we arrive in July, but this is Disney, so who knows?!?!?! :goodvibes

Why the removal of the ceiling fan?? Ugh I love sleeping under ceiling fans. =(

:thanks:

Interesting update. Thank you for taking the time out of your trip for this. I was just there a few weeks ago on the second floor and they hadn't done any of this yet. Are those new outlets and USB ports in the modified cabinet underneath the TV? Would you mind taking a pic of the new light and fridge opening if you have a moment? I know that's a real pain while on vacation. Just curious what it looks like. Thanks again!

No problem on the pics, see more below. Yes, there are USB ports and outlets under the TV now. There are also some on the night stand between the beds too. Tonight for evening offerings they had some type of meatball appetizer and pulled pork. I liked the sweet pulled pork better than the somewhat spicy, at least to me, meatballs. We are heading to AK tonight for EMH, fingers crossed we can get in Pandora! My DD and I take it easy while on vacation, no early mornings and we just go with what sounds good, if I can I will take pictures of whatever you want, no problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.JPG
    IMG_1375.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1377.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 89
No problem on the pics, see more below. Yes, there are USB ports and outlets under the TV now. There are also some on the night stand between the beds too. Tonight for evening offerings they had some type of meatball appetizer and pulled pork. I liked the sweet pulled pork better than the somewhat spicy, at least to me, meatballs. We are heading to AK tonight for EMH, fingers crossed we can get in Pandora! My DD and I take it easy while on vacation, no early mornings and we just go with what sounds good, if I can I will take pictures of whatever you want, no problem.

Thanks so much for the additional Poly info. Interesting updates on the first floor.

Awesome, thank you so much. I mentioned your posts over on the CL thread as well, lots of curious folks over there! :-)

Interesting updates for sure. I guess only a matter of time before they do these to other longhouses, if they haven't already.

Good luck with Pandora!

Why the removal of the ceiling fan?? Ugh I love sleeping under ceiling fans. =(

Same here. It's been a recent trend. The newly refurbished rooms at Yacht Club and CSR have had the ceiling fans removed. :badpc:

I think it might have to do with the rumor of WDW getting rid of the 3 resort levels and moving to locations. MK area resorts, Epcot Area resorts, etc. The new Pop room refurb has the rooms getting Coffee Makers and upgraded fridges, the same ones as in new Yacht Club rooms. The "Values" have been getting towels at the Main Feature Pools recently. So the extra amenities that "Moderates" and "Deluxes" used to have are dwindling.

Same here. It's been a recent trend. The newly refurbished rooms at Yacht Club and CSR have had the ceiling fans removed. :badpc:

I think it might have to do with the rumor of WDW getting rid of the 3 resort levels and moving to locations. MK area resorts, Epcot Area resorts, etc. The new Pop room refurb has the rooms getting Coffee Makers and upgraded fridges, the same ones as in new Yacht Club rooms. The "Values" have been getting towels at the Main Feature Pools recently. So the extra amenities that "Moderates" and "Deluxes" used to have are dwindling.

Yet the prices aren't dwindling :sad2:. Makes me nervous that the thermostats that don't go below 69 degrees and now no ceiling fans - that the room is still sufficiently cool esp during the hotter and humid weather months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter