Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read something about some scaffolding around the front entrance. Does anyone know if this is really obtrusive and/or when it will be finished? We begin our 1st ever Poly stay next Sunday, and I'd love that first walk-up to the entrance to be practically perfect! :tink:

Hi all! We are a little over a month away from our first family Disney trip (and my 2nd ever...first time was...um...25 years ago) and so excited to stay at the Poly!

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes to get to Epcot from the Poly? I've seen conflicting reports online. We'll have our car (driving from Atlanta) and 2 young kids (6 and 3.5) Are there any parks that we would be better off driving to than taking the bus/monorail/boat?

Thanks! Can't wait!

Assuming that the monorail will be working. I've heard conflicting reports that the monorail EPCOT beam goes down during certain times of the day/evening for repairs.

I read something about some scaffolding around the front entrance. Does anyone know if this is really obtrusive and/or when it will be finished? We begin our 1st ever Poly stay next Sunday, and I'd love that first walk-up to the entrance to be practically perfect! :tink:

Honestly I would suggest not to overanalyze the little things, as it will just leave you disappointed. There is always stuff going on. There was scaffolding there last week but I did not notice until near the end of our stay. When I mentioned it, my kids laughed and said that it had been there since we checked in! There are so many other things for the senses there that you have to be looking to find things. Just enjoy the place without thinking too much about the small things that really do not impact your trip and the overall ambiance will set the tone. You will love it!

Honestly I would suggest not to overanalyze the little things, as it will just leave you disappointed. There is always stuff going on. There was scaffolding there last week but I did not notice until near the end of our stay. When I mentioned it, my kids laughed and said that it had been there since we checked in! There are so many other things for the senses there that you have to be looking to find things. Just enjoy the place without thinking too much about the small things that really do not impact your trip and the overall ambiance will set the tone. You will love it!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I had the exact same experience. I didn't notice until the end of the stay. As you walk in the main entrance, told your head slightly to the right!

Not overanalyzing. Just looking for information. :thumbsup2

Well this is upsetting.
Our Magical trip starts one week from tomorrow, and I made our room requests through our TA, and in the past, not because I don't trust her, but because I can be controlling about these things, I've always called 1-407-W-DISNEY to confirm that the TA's requests actually made it to our reservation. Now, the Disney line is telling me that they can't access whether or not the requests are there. They might be, they might not be. Whether or not our celebration (10th anniversary) is on there is also a mystery. This is so frustrating! Does anyone have any ideas how I can verify this? (I'm posting this to the main threads for both resorts we're staying at.)
Oh, and I'm not interested in online check-in, as I like checking-in and interacting with CMs, and our room requests aren't completely available in the request options on MDE.

They have had many system issues lately. I think your best bet is to call back later. I don't think there's any other way.

If our plane lands on Aug 18 friday at 10:30 am can we make it to the poly check in and be at Japan for lunch resies at 2:50? It is our first stay at the Poly. We even, by default, have a hotel day. New to having any hotel days as we are a commando family. Suggestions for this hotel would be great.

This was a big issue at the GF feature pool refill area in August. Bees were everywhere, however, they have a powerful fan installed above the length of the refill station which blows air down and prevents most of the bees from alighting. It's not fun standing underneath the blast, but it works. Do they have fans at the Oasis Pool?

They did have the fan and lemons with cloves. The bees were crawling up into where the soda came out and would end up in your drink.

Been back for a week but I wanted to post about our stay.

We checked in on a Sat morning with a DVC cash rate that I had linked to our stay on points. Arrived about 1 and our room was not ready off to the Magic Kingdom we went and got our room text just as we were coming back. We had plenty of time to get to our room and have luggage delivered and make it to the first Luau as this was my DH's actual birthday. Our request was met first floor Tokelau perfect. Room was not that clean linens were fine, but I had to wipe everything else down and pick up some trash off the floor. I bring a lot of cleaning supplies anyway so no biggie.

We walked through the Oasis pool on the way back from the Luau and a cabana was open so we hung out there for the rest of the evening and had some drinks/swam. This was the only time we saw one empty, people were sleeping in them by 7am when we were getting our coffee. I have to agree with everyone about rude people at the pools. Don't know if rude is a word that pinpoints it but definitely a different atmosphere than usual. I have a few stories but I don't think they are worth repeating. Oasis pool at times was almost too warm to swim in and I like the water warm. The ducks using the pool as a bathroom really got to me as well I know it shouldn't but it just did. Taking the lack of shade at both pools into consideration, Volcano pool won out just because the water was deeper and cooler.

Got up the next morning to recheck in with our regular DVC reservation and we were able to stay in the same room win win.

Our magic bands stopped working a few times during the stay. My DH had to fly home and back for a meeting so we were trying to get to our FP at HS then him to the airport. Of course we couldn't get into the room after breakfast for his things and had to stop to get the bands fixed. I asked if they could bump up our first FP time and when we got to the park they had added an extra one and made the 2 FP's anytime FP I thought that was great and a nice surprise.

The day before we were to leave on the way to the pool my son who has special needs asked if we could stay another night, he had gotten overheated one day and it was a short trip anyway so my daughter was determined to make this happen for him. I told her first things first do they even have the room available. She went to desk in her coverup and said the CM's couldn't have been nicer got on the phone right away but said it was a longshot, they got us our same room for the annual pass rate, I could not believe it. Everything else fell into place with the flights and car rental, looked like we would have one more night!

We had great experiences everywhere we ate and CM's to match. Added the sushi bar in front of Kona as a new favorite.

The Polynesian really is a great resort, I hope everyone has an amazing trip!

Last edited:
If our plane lands on Aug 18 friday at 10:30 am can we make it to the poly check in and be at Japan for lunch resies at 2:50? It is our first stay at the Poly. We even, by default, have a hotel day. New to having any hotel days as we are a commando family. Suggestions for this hotel would be great.

You should have plenty of time. I usually estimate 1 1/2 hours from the airport to the resort once you land. It could take less but it hasn't been more than that for us. You probably won't be able to go to your room but you can check in and then head straight to EPCOT. You have several options to get to EPCOT. You can take the monorail to TTC and change for the EPCOT monorail or you can walk to TTC and then take the EPCOT monorail. You could easily be to Japan by 2:50. Have fun!

We walked through the Oasis pool on the way back from the Luau and a cabana was open so we hung out there for the rest of the evening and had some drinks/swam. This was the only time we saw one empty, people were sleeping in them by 7am when we were getting our coffee. I have to agree with everyone about rude people at the pools. Don't know if rude is a word that pinpoints it but definitely a different atmosphere than usual. I have a few stories but I don't think they are worth repeating. Oasis pool at times was almost too warm to swim in and I like the water warm. The ducks using the pool as a bathroom really got to me as well I know it shouldn't but it just did. Taking the lack of shade at both pools into consideration, Volcano pool won out just because the water was deeper and cooler.

We were hoping to take a break at the pools each afternoon. Are there enough chairs that we'll be able to sit and relax during the afternoons, or is it just the cabanas that people save from early morning?

We are staying for a week at the end of September, have visiited many times for breakfast at Kona but never stayed yet so very excited! We have booked lagoon view so I have checked on Touring Plans to see which rooms are available in that category and have requested First floor in Tuvalu as third floor are theme park view and second floor don't have balconies.

I am telling myself not to be too disappointed if we don't get our request as after all we are living at the Poly for a week!

Was hoping to spend afternoons at the Oasis pool, just me and hubby, but after reading previous posts might just stick to the little beach at the side of Tuvalu

Hello! I have a question about checking in for a club level stay. I read they no longer greet you outside of the GCH when you arrive. Do you check in at guest services at the GCH or do you go directly to the Hawaii longhouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter