Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going for a few days (alone, whoot whoot) to WDW in January and have booked a Lake View studio at POLY with DVC points. Any suggestions as to building or room requests? Please advise.

I am going for a few days (alone, whoot whoot) to WDW in January and have booked a Lake View studio at POLY with DVC points. Any suggestions as to building or room requests? Please advise.
There is really no building to request. All Lake View Poly DVC is in Moorea, on one side of that building. It's really a question of what floor you want to request. First floor sees more bungalow than second or third, although the "Lake View" all include "Bungalow View."

The monorail shutdown is just the express beam between the TTC and the MK. The resort and Epcot beams will still be running. You shouldn't have a problem with your breaks. I'm not really sure the best answer on the early Epcot breakfasts. We had one this morning and the Epcot monorail doesn't start til 8. We walked to the TTC and they got us a bus. We just had to ask because there were no signs at all. They put us at the AK stop. Every Uber SUV I have taken lately has had one car seat in the back end and we never waited more than 10 minutes for one.

So you need to go to the TTC to catch an Epcot bus? Needing to figure out what to do for our 8:05 Akershus!

So you need to go to the TTC to catch an Epcot bus? Needing to figure out what to do for our 8:05 Akershus!
Take a cab. Buses are not guaranteed from TTC to Epcot (though sometimes you'll get lucky and one will take you there).

Those of you worried about getting to MK early, you'll be fine, as the boats will be running even if the monorail is down. Getting to Epcot for PPO ADRs is the biggest issue, and after several problems, we just cab it now. (This is my ONLY complaint about the Poly!!!!) There are always cabs sitting next to the Poly bus stop and it's about a $12 ride. Totally worth not sweating how to get there. And Florida law doesn't require boosters, so no need to worry about that.

Take a cab. Buses are not guaranteed from TTC to Epcot (though sometimes you'll get lucky and one will take you there).

Those of you worried about getting to MK early, you'll be fine, as the boats will be running even if the monorail is down. Getting to Epcot for PPO ADRs is the biggest issue, and after several problems, we just cab it now. (This is my ONLY complaint about the Poly!!!!) There are always cabs sitting next to the Poly bus stop and it's about a $12 ride. Totally worth not sweating how to get there. And Florida law doesn't require boosters, so no need to worry about that.

Unfortunately a cab won't work for us, one of our children is too young/small to go without a car seat.

Do you know what time the boats to MK start running? We need to get to Early Morning Magic by 7:30am on a Tuesday in August.

Am I the only person who feels that if you're paying $$ for the Poly, you shouldn't have to worry about transportation? Not that $12 for a cab is a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but still. Disney promotes transportation as a benefit to staying on site, and I don't want to have to worry about how to get to breakfast on vacation. I may be in the minority here...

Am I the only person who feels that if you're paying $$ for the Poly, you shouldn't have to worry about transportation? Not that $12 for a cab is a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but still. Disney promotes transportation as a benefit to staying on site, and I don't want to have to worry about how to get to breakfast on vacation. I may be in the minority here...

You aren't the only one. I totally agree. It's especially tough if you have little kids and don't feel comfortable or safe putting them in a cab (I personally wouldn't since there would be no car seat).

We had a similar but different issue this spring, when we had a late dinner (maybe 7?) at Sci Fi at DHS and the park closed at 7:00. We were told there would be no buses back to the hotel when our dinner was over. I even checked with guest services at the park. If they are allowing people to book a meal they need to provide transportation. We were lucky and when we came out there was a bus there -- not planning to go to our hotel, but he offered us a ride anyway. If the park is open for shopping and dining, the on-site transportation needs to be up and running.

You aren't the only one. I totally agree. It's especially tough if you have little kids and don't feel comfortable or safe putting them in a cab (I personally wouldn't since there would be no car seat).

We had a similar but different issue this spring, when we had a late dinner (maybe 7?) at Sci Fi at DHS and the park closed at 7:00. We were told there would be no buses back to the hotel when our dinner was over. I even checked with guest services at the park. If they are allowing people to book a meal they need to provide transportation. We were lucky and when we came out there was a bus there -- not planning to go to our hotel, but he offered us a ride anyway. If the park is open for shopping and dining, the on-site transportation needs to be up and running.

Yes! There are enough things to worry about planning. Transportation shouldn't be one of them.

Do you know what time the boats to MK start running? We need to get to Early Morning Magic by 7:30am on a Tuesday in August.
Not sure what time they start running from the Poly, but ferries run from TTC beginning at 7 am. You could easily walk there and catch the ferry to MK for EMM.

Completely agree. I get that the TTC is within walking distance of the Poly, but at every other resort they will have a bus right outside the front door. They should provide one at Poly, too, if the monorail isn't running. Better yet, if people have ADRs at Epoct prior to 8 am, why doesn't the Epcot monorail begin before 8 am?!?!?!

Completely agree. I get that the TTC is within walking distance of the Poly, but at every other resort they will have a bus right outside the front door. They should provide one at Poly, too, if the monorail isn't running. Better yet, if people have ADRs at Epoct prior to 8 am, why doesn't the Epcot monorail begin before 8 am?!?!?!

Absolutely this! it never occurred to me, having booked the Poly that this kind of thing would ever be an issue. I will factor it in to my ADR planning now, but, I chose the resort, partly for the transport options and convenience. it's part of the holiday!

Yes! Trying to get to Epcot for a PPO ADR was the most stressful part of my trip. My mom was on an ECV, so Disney transportation was a must for us. The monorail being down wasn't a problem for the MK because there are so many other ways to get there. If you don't have something like an ECV limiting you just take an uber or a cab. There is uber family that will provide a car seat. It is really horrible to have to pay for transportation when staying at the Poly though!

Yes! Trying to get to Epcot for a PPO ADR was the most stressful part of my trip. My mom was on an ECV, so Disney transportation was a must for us. The monorail being down wasn't a problem for the MK because there are so many other ways to get there. If you don't have something like an ECV limiting you just take an uber or a cab. There is uber family that will provide a car seat. It is really horrible to have to pay for transportation when staying at the Poly though!

I'm an Uber newbie! Can you please tell me how to get to uber family so that I can request a car with 2 boosters for my PPO ADR at EPCOT? Thanks for the info!

I'm an Uber newbie! Can you please tell me how to get to uber family so that I can request a car with 2 boosters for my PPO ADR at EPCOT? Thanks for the info!
I'm not an Uber expert, by any means. You may be able to find more information on the transportation board. At the bottom of the screen when you request the car there is an icon for uberx + carseat(sedan) or uber XL +carseat(SUV). I'm not positive, but I think they just have 1 car seat. The ones I have taken have had one car seat in the back end that they could use. I wasn't using them for the family option, but the SUV option because we needed more luggage room headed to universal (uber XL).

Uber family will only have 1 car seat. We are another family that can't take a cab because we have 2 young kids (10 months and 4) in car seats. Annoying about the monorail!

*to everyone-if your kids need car seats at home, please also use them on vacation! Laws of physics don't change on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter