Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly...how bad is Pop Warner time at CSR? Also, where do they usually house them and do you think the Tower will be housing this year?

Honestly...how bad is Pop Warner time at CSR? Also, where do they usually house them and do you think the Tower will be housing this year?

I would be shocked if the tower housed any of the cheer conventions. They typically reserve only standard rooms. We are headed there the day after tomorrow for our cheer competition and it is all Standard Rooms. I think the Tower will be a nicer category and not simply standard.

Booked the new tower months ago and just now realizing it won't have a dedicated pool. The pool is really important for us (August stay) and the main pool was crowded enough on our last visit to want to avoid it this time around. And that was before an additional 2000 guests were added to the mix... What to do, what to do..

I’m a little nervous as well. We use the pool every afternoon. We have a July trip planned. Although, when I tell people we take an afternoon break to swim & nap they look @ me like I’m crazy. Some say they do not go to Disney to swim.

We've had 4 stays at All Star Sports, where 90%of them stay, during Pop Warner week and never had an issue. Other than seeing kids in their uniforms it was just like every other stay.I can't imagine CSR having any kind of issue.

This has been asked many times. There is no extra pool being added.

Keep in mind they torn down Cabanas 9B to build the tower which was about 300 rooms. So with the 550 or so in the tower they are only adding about 250 rooms. The tower is being aimed at convention guests. Convention guests rarely use the pool. I don't think there will actually be anymore vacationers staying at CSR then there was before. This is why they didn't add another pool.

And repeated again...:P...because there is so much misconception about there being a lack of pool space due to the added tower. There isn’t.

Has anyone heard if construction should be finished by the time they actually open the tower rooms to guests? There are pretty good rates in the tower for July but I'm not sure if it'll still be a major construction zone at that point.

I’m a little nervous as well. We use the pool every afternoon. We have a July trip planned. Although, when I tell people we take an afternoon break to swim & nap they look @ me like I’m crazy. Some say they do not go to Disney to swim.

I grew up in Florida and live in Texas. How you could let a July day go by without a pool is crazy to me. As others have said, I don't think we have to worry. The Coronado pool is HUGE.

Has anyone heard if construction should be finished by the time they actually open the tower rooms to guests? There are pretty good rates in the tower for July but I'm not sure if it'll still be a major construction zone at that point.

Judging from the latest picture's it's just the final touches and landscaping left. It's been moving along quickly, I would expect it to all be done with two months left yet to opening.

I’m here now and I already see curtains hanging in interior room windows. They are finishing landscaping, pathways, the walkway between the old and new lobby, and the main covered entry. They look to be doing some electrical work on the three bridges. Btw, that main entry is giant. It’s much larger than photos made it appear.

Cabana 9b was only 66 rooms, not 300. The tower is 545 and is geared for conventions. The impact on the pool is TBD

I think as a general rule, the Dig Site pool will be fine. The Tower was built with conventioneers in mind, but obviously won’t exclusively house them. Most adult conventioneers aren’t going to the pool. But as always, not every large group staying there is just adults. There will be tagalong families, there will be cheer/dance groups or other youth groups. So at certain times, potential for Dig Site to be crowded exists and I suspect the Cabanas quiet pool will be a bit more crowded at times too because of its proximity to the Tower. But if I was a betting gal, I don’t think the extra rooms will have a consistent crowding affect.

I’m here now and I already see curtains hanging in interior room windows. They are finishing landscaping, pathways, the walkway between the old and new lobby, and the main covered entry. They look to be doing some electrical work on the three bridges. Btw, that main entry is giant. It’s much larger than photos made it appear.
I arrive on Monday! I can't wait! Is there a lot of noticeable noise? I've booked a water view room and requested Casitas, but of course they might put me somewhere else.

I’m really trying to be positive about the cheer competition guests but it is becoming increasingly frustrating. I feel like the unwelcomed guest at the cheer competition. Everyone around us is cheer. They travel in huge groups and the lines for food and busses are outrageous. Ugh, I really tried to go in optimistic but I’m regretting it. I know they paid to be here just like did. I just wish Disney could spread them out more.

I’m really trying to be positive about the cheer competition guests but it is becoming increasingly frustrating. I feel like the unwelcomed guest at the cheer competition. Everyone around us is cheer. They travel in huge groups and the lines for food and busses are outrageous. Ugh, I really tried to go in optimistic but I’m regretting it. I know they paid to be here just like did. I just wish Disney could spread them out more.
It sounds terrible. I think I read they are there until Monday? Have you considered changing resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter