Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both great resorts! Pop would be our Value choice. We've stayed there twice and enjoyed it, once as a couple and once with kids. As a couple we barely spent time there, just used it as a base to sleep. The kids (and us) loved the vibrant Disney theming and general busy-ness of the resort. When we switched to POR during the same trip the kids wanted to go back to Pop :) We chose CSR over Pop last time due to free dining (UK) and loved it! bigger rooms were a plus and although CSR is bigger than Pop, it never felt as crowded - possibly due to the proportion of guests staying there for conventions. We never felt the resort was too big - we stayed in the Cabanas, and had a few minutes walk either to the Dig Site or El Centro. Bus stop 4 was our closest stop, buses were never as crowded as the buses at Pop or POR - again maybe down to convention guests? Pop still gets my vote for 'best bus music' though :)
thanks so much! We were so excited about POFQ, then got enthused about POR (chasing the elusive free dining) and now I'm getting excited about CSR. Our first trip and maybe our only, so we just want to get it right. Coming to realize that Disney is a wonderful place and we'll have a wonderful time regardless!

Anyone know if CSR takes fax requests? I've seen mixed comments on this. Have never faxed a request but with my split stay, would like to explain I don't care about the view (had to book two different views in my two reservations) if we didn't have to change rooms.

Coming to realize that Disney is a wonderful place and we'll have a wonderful time regardless!

That is true! :)

Our last trip was for 17 days holidaying with family who were Disney first timers. I was so worried that if we had made a mistake in choosing CSR then 17 days was going to seem a lot longer! I needn't have worried, everyone loved it - our group ranged from 18 months old, 3, 6, 30's, 40's and 60's and all are hoping to return with us next time :goodvibes

Great to see a new CSR thread as we are hoping to return next year :)

Agreed! :)

Does this mean it's less chaotic now at PM? we stayed October 2012 during the buffet breakfast trial - which was great, but we found that the odd time we had an evening meal it was a nightmare!

It's the one (very small) sticking point about us re-booking CSR, other than that we love the place :goodvibes

The key with any resort food court is to go at off meal times. If eating lunch at PM we go at 1:30pm, if dinner we go later after 8pm. It's usually 80% empty at those times and 100% stress free! :)

I can't speak for breakfast as we never eat there for that. Last stay we stayed in Business Class which provides breakfast, before that we ordered breakfast supplies from Garden Grocer and ate in our room.

It's self serve now. You seat yourself and there is a brand new huge drink filling station in the middle.

Can anyone tell me what non-soda and coffee choices there are?
I know at Pop last year there was Gold Peak tea, lite lemonade, blue powerade and hot chocolate. Are any of these at CSR? DH and DS18 will be fine with soda, but the rest of us don't care for it.

We are booked at CSR 9/29-10/6 with FD. We've stayed here before about 5 years ago and loved it, and can't wait to return!

We decided to save a little and we're just getting a standard room, and we're going to request Cabanas 9A or Casitas 4. If we don't get either of these buildings (which are standard but still close-ish to El Centro) we might use the internal transport system occasionally; I saw on one of the sites that it's a new feature to transport guests from El Centro to different buildings. Has anyone used it?

Excited for our first stay at CSR. We will be there 9/23-9/28 and I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide which days we should spend at each park. I have our ADRs, but keep obsessing over things wondering if I got it "right". I was very nervous since this is our firs stay at CSR, but this thread has calmed me down quite a bit! Thanks for all the valuable insight.

Just moved from POP to CSR and feeling great about it! Oct26 - nov 6. Thanks to all who've posted -- the information is so helpful.

Can anyone tell me what non-soda and coffee choices there are?
I know at Pop last year there was Gold Peak tea, lite lemonade, blue powerade and hot chocolate. Are any of these at CSR? DH and DS18 will be fine with soda, but the rest of us don't care for it.

From what I recall there were those same offerings.

From what I recall there were those same offerings.
Do they have hot chocolate? I don't remember it. We went soon after they changed to the center of pepper market dining room station and never did check the other. I hope so.
And I really wish they would have regular lemonade. I hate the light stuff.

Is there any kind of height requirement for the water slide? How do they determine who is old enough/big enough to use it? And can adults do it too?

Is there any kind of height requirement for the water slide? How do they determine who is old enough/big enough to use it? And can adults do it too?

Adults definitely can use the slide! I am not sure about height requirements; however, my son was 4 the last time we went and not necessarily tall for his age (he was tall enough for several rides like Kali River Rapids, TOT etc. so maybe 35-38"). Not sure how much help that is but the time before when he was 2 they let him go down the slide at POR and I caught him at the bottom. They do not allow you to go down with your child, I do remember that.

We're excited for our first stay at CSR in November! Originally planned to be at POR but with the FD exclusion...well you know the story. Anyways, can't wait for our stay and will be following along. popcorn::

I am packed and ready to head to the airport--woo hoo!
It will be another long day's trip to Disney, but soon I will be back to my home
at the Coronado. :) Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Just started planing to return to CSR for free dining! We went several years ago and did all our planing on the old FAQ by Buzz and he had his own website as well, I was looking for the website and can't find it. I see Buzz isn't doing the FAQ anymore, did something happen to him? Just curious.

Just started planing to return to CSR for free dining! We went several years ago and did all our planing on the old FAQ by Buzz and he had his own website as well, I was looking for the website and can't find it. I see Buzz isn't doing the FAQ anymore, did something happen to him? Just curious.
He still has a website but it's not a Tripod site anymore. Just Google "Buzz Coronado Springs" and you'll find it.
He was banned from Disboards a few years ago. I won't get into details.
ETA: Same mugs as everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter