Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key with any resort food court is to go at off meal times. If eating lunch at PM we go at 1:30pm, if dinner we go later after 8pm. It's usually 80% empty at those times and 100% stress free! :)

Yes we stick to 'off meal times' too usually. When I said about the PM being chaotic I meant the layout to order your food rather than it being busy. For example, if we all wanted a different dish then you would queue up at three different counters to place your food order, rather than just ordering it all from one counter. Maybe it will have changed again by the time we next visit :)

Yes we stick to 'off meal times' too usually. When I said about the PM being chaotic I meant the layout to order your food rather than it being busy. For example, if we all wanted a different dish then you would queue up at three different counters to place your food order, rather than just ordering it all from one counter. Maybe it will have changed again by the time we next visit :)

Most resort counter service locations are set up this way. For example they have a pasta station and that station includes pasta and pizza. So if you want pizza but your husband or kids want something else they will have to go to a different station and wait in line for their food. It's the same at Coronado now.

Does Pepper Market now have drink fridges like the other resort CS locations? That was one thing that kind of bugged me about Pepper Market when we went and they still had people seating you. I like just grabbing a bottle of something and saving it for later and using my mug to drink something with my meal but we couldn't do that because the "servers" would bring your drinks in glasses. I know they have a fridge in Café Rix but I didn't think you could bring the drinks from the fridges in there to Pepper Market and pay for them there.

Most resort counter service locations are set up this way. For example they have a pasta station and that station includes pasta and pizza. So if you want pizza but your husband or kids want something else they will have to go to a different station and wait in line for their food. It's the same at Coronado now.

Yes, that's true - I just felt that it took an age to eat a meal at PM compared to other Disney food courts, maybe we were just unlucky the few times we ate there! also having small kids (at that time) we didn't feel comfortable leaving them unattended at a table while we were queuing for food at different counters. All in all it's a very minor thing, definitely not a reason to put us off staying at CSR :)

Does Pepper Market now have drink fridges like the other resort CS locations? That was one thing that kind of bugged me about Pepper Market when we went and they still had people seating you. I like just grabbing a bottle of something and saving it for later and using my mug to drink something with my meal but we couldn't do that because the "servers" would bring your drinks in glasses. I know they have a fridge in Café Rix but I didn't think you could bring the drinks from the fridges in there to Pepper Market and pay for them there.

They have a huge "drink station" in the middle of PM where you fill your own drinks. There is also a drink counter for the drinks that come in a bottle or milk container.

Yes, that's true - I just felt that it took an age to eat a meal at PM compared to other Disney food courts, maybe we were just unlucky the few times we ate there! also having small kids (at that time) we didn't feel comfortable leaving them unattended at a table while we were queuing for food at different counters. All in all it's a very minor thing, definitely not a reason to put us off staying at CSR :)

The order process is still the same. Like stated above it's similar at most of the resort food courts. I can see where it could be a hassle with small kids, but the issue isn't exculsive to CSR. Fortunately our son was 15 the first time we stayed there, so more than capable of getting his own order. I actually find it faster with multiple order stations than all at one place, but again we don't have small kids to order for and attend to.

He still has a website but it's not a Tripod site anymore. Just Google "Buzz Coronado Springs" and you'll find it.
He was banned from Disboards a few years ago. I won't get into details.
ETA: Same mugs as everybody else.

Actually, Buzz's account here is still active. He chooses not to post here anymore. In my experience Buzz is a great guy and you can find out anything you need to know about CSR at his website/forum.

Just started planing to return to CSR for free dining! We went several years ago and did all our planing on the old FAQ by Buzz and he had his own website as well, I was looking for the website and can't find it. I see Buzz isn't doing the FAQ anymore, did something happen to him? Just curious.

He has a new website. If you can't find it, PM me for the link.

Actually, Buzz's account here is still active. He chooses not to post here anymore. In my experience Buzz is a great guy and you can find out anything you need to know about CSR at his website/forum.

Good to know his website is still going, I referred to the old one a lot on our previous trip, it was very informative :)

Super excited! Got our trip booked -- 9/7-9/13 CSR Standard View Business Class with Free Dining and Memory Maker and all ADR's made!

We had booked a king preferred room, but after reading this thread, I decided to call and run the numbers on a business class room. It only added about $100 to the total price so we went for it. I figure a few small breakfasts and a few beers in the evening will be worth it!::yes::

He still has a website but it's not a Tripod site anymore. Just Google "Buzz Coronado Springs" and you'll find it. He was banned from Disboards a few years ago. I won't get into details. ETA: Same mugs as everybody else.
Oh my, a scandal! Well good to know he's well I was thinking the worst when he was just gone. I found the site and it's very good, I love his photos.

Well that's interesting because when he was banned I sent him an email and he confirmed that he was actually banned. Maybe he has since been reinstated.

If you are staying in the Cabanas section, would it be best to walk to the bus stop at El Centro or stay at stop #4 when trying to get to the parks in the morning?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well that's interesting because when he was banned I sent him an email and he confirmed that he was actually banned. Maybe he has since been reinstated.

Possibly a time limit on the ban then, because if you search for his account it is active. If I cared what the reason was I would ask him. I have conversed with him many times through email and PM, seems like a really good guy.

If you are staying in the Cabanas section, would it be best to walk to the bus stop at El Centro or stay at stop #4 when trying to get to the parks in the morning?

If I was in 9B I couldn't be bothered to walk the extra distance when stop 1 is so close. In the other 3 sections if its first thing in the morning and your worried about it than head over to stop 4. In the middle of the day I would just head to which ever stop is closest.

Best way to get back to CSR after dinner at GF (and watching fireworks)?

Possibly a time limit on the ban then, because if you search for his account it is active. If I cared what the reason was I would ask him. I have conversed with him many times through email and PM, seems like a really good guy.
I agree,he seems like a great guy. I hope you don't think I was implying that he is not. We've probably said enough on this topic.
Moving on, it seems like CSR and CBR will be a bit more crowded during free dining this year. If CSR had been excluded instead of Port Orleans how many of you would switch to POR or POFQ? I like all the Mods so it would be easy for me, I'd go with the free dining.

I agree,he seems like a great guy. I hope you don't think I was implying that he is not. We've probably said enough on this topic.
Moving on, it seems like CSR and CBR will be a bit more crowded during free dining this year. If CSR had been excluded instead of Port Orleans how many of you would switch to POR or POFQ? I like all the Mods so it would be easy for me, I'd go with the free dining.

If CSR was excluded I'm not sure what we would do. We have stayed at CSR 3 times and CBR once. I do feel CSR has more to offer than the other Mods (Almost Deluxe for Mod price), but the single biggest reason we only consider CSR is the Fitness Center. Our WDW vacations are generally 12-14 days and I would prefer not to go 2 weeks without some sort of working out. We had a great stay at CBR and would probably have a good stay at PO as well, but no Fitness Center.

There is a good chance that we would upgrade to a Deluxe, most likely one of the EPCOT resorts.

I wonder how excluding PO/POFQ and filling up CBR/CSR will affect the refurbishment at CBR. Seems like a good time for CBR to be half empty doesn't it?

Best way to get back to CSR after dinner at GF (and watching fireworks)?

I would recommend taking the resort monorail to MK and catching a CSR bus there or taking a bus to DTD and transfering to a CSR bus there. Alternatively, you could take a cab!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter