Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. Can you walk from Coronado Springs to Hollywood Studios? I want to rope drop tomorrow, but I hear that buses only start running 45 minutes prior to opening, have capacity issues at the moment, and don't go directly to Hollywood Studios, requiring a transfer. Google Maps says 1.1 miles, which is easily within walkable distance for me, but Google Maps can't find a route to walk. Is there not pedestrian infrastructure? If the distance is that short, it seems I'd prefer to walk.

NO you most definitely can not walk! The bus does go directly to HS from Coronado Springs.

NO you most definitely can not walk! The bus does go directly to HS from Coronado Springs.
Google Maps insists I have to transfer? Maybe that's a pandemic related bus service change?

If there's no safe pedestrian infrastructure, then no, I don't want to walk, but otherwise, it doesn't seem too far to me (granted, hiker), and I packed waterproof hiking boots.

Google Maps insists I have to transfer? Maybe that's a pandemic related bus service change?

If there's no safe pedestrian infrastructure, then no, I don't want to walk, but otherwise, it doesn't seem too far to me (granted, hiker), and I packed waterproof hiking boots.

Seriously, you can’t walk to HS from Coronado! The buses from Coronado Springs do go directly to HS.

It is literally impossible to walk to DHS. Buses run frequently, and will take you right to DHS.

Quick question. Can you walk from Coronado Springs to Hollywood Studios? I want to rope drop tomorrow, but I hear that buses only start running 45 minutes prior to opening, have capacity issues at the moment, and don't go directly to Hollywood Studios, requiring a transfer. Google Maps says 1.1 miles, which is easily within walkable distance for me, but Google Maps can't find a route to walk. Is there not pedestrian infrastructure? If the distance is that short, it seems I'd prefer to walk.
As everyone else said, you can't walk. I'm currently at CSR and we went to DHS today. You can take a Disney bus straight there with no transfer.

Today, we left the Tower early and was down at the Tower bus stop by about 8:15-8:20. People began arriving around the same time and shortly after there was a line. The first bus came around 8:40 I think and it was going to be full but after we were seated, I looked out the window and another DHS came right behind it.

I think there are currently two stops at CSR. I'm not 100% sure but I think the other is Casitas, not sure which bus stop #.

We got to DHS around 9, waited a while for temp checks, then it was easy from there, we were off MMRR well before 10 a.m. and I rode Smuggler's Run with a posted 5 minute wait but was more like 15. When I got off, it was 45 minutes wait and this was maybe around 10:25 (we were Boarding Group 11 and I knew I had to scoot back by 10:50 to make it in time so I noted the time).

Getting that 1st bus got us way ahead of the crowds!

Google Maps does not reflect official Disney transportation routes (the resort buses).

Buses at csr sloooow today. Been at stop 40 minutes and no buses came for any park. AK bus just arrived.none for mk yet (and line getting long). On Friday we were on Peter pan by this time

Yea, I'm waiting for a bus to Hollywood Studios now. This is why I was asking about the possibility of just walking last night. I'm worried about potentially losing time in one of the parks at some point this week, due to there not being enough or frequent buses.

Yea, I'm waiting for a bus to Hollywood Studios now. This is why I was asking about the possibility of just walking last night. I'm worried about potentially losing time in one of the parks at some point this week, due to there not being enough or frequent buses.
This is our third park day (and one down day). First delay we've had. Hopefully DHS buses behind us!

I'm just glad Rise of the Resistance lets you get a boarding group from anywhere in Disney World, now, and at 7AM. I already have a boarding group, so I don't have to panic too much.

I'm seriously considering renting a car for our upcoming visit. The Bus and ME situations just aren't looking great right now. Of course now I'm wondering why I'm staying at a WDW resort if I'm not using the amenities I'm paying for. (I can save over $400 switching to SoG). The big sway right now is lack of food options at CSR.

I can't speak to the time issue, though I believe I saw people posting above that the buses to HS ran earlier than that. However, they don't require a transfer - they go directly from CSR (stopping at Casitas first, then GDT) to HS. Unless something major has changed in the last week or so.

Unfortunately there isn't any pedestrian infrastructure around the resort - not until you get past the big World Drive cloverleafs and Epcot Resorts Blvd. If you look on Satellite view of Google Maps, you can see where the path picks up by the Swolphin parking lot.

Another slooooowww bus day at csr for 9 am openings. Both AK and MK no buses yet and good sized lines. We arrived at stop about 7:40 and lines getting long

I'm thinking if we are in a hurry to make openings, we will just take an Uber. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter