Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of a silly question but how many rooms are renovated at this point? I know it is just the one Ranchos building but does anyone know how many rooms are in that building. Trying to figure out what kind of odds there are for getting a renovated room.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] We just got in and were assigned a newly remodeled room. I think they are very nice. Much more upscale but still in theme with the resort.

Attachments

• IMG_7360.JPG
    IMG_7360.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_7361.JPG
    IMG_7361.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_7362.JPG
    IMG_7362.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_7363.JPG
    IMG_7363.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_7365.JPG
    IMG_7365.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_7366.JPG
    IMG_7366.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_7367.JPG
    IMG_7367.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_7368.JPG
    IMG_7368.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 217
I just arrived this morning & got Cabanas 8b. Just about as close to the remodel of 8A as you can get!

Holy moly, the final version of the new rooms look on par with a deluxe! I really hope they don't jack up the price because those are definitely the best bang-for-your-buck in WDW now.

When is all of the construction expected to be finished?! CSR is on our shortlist for our next Disney Vacation and I'd love to be staying in the new areas if it's complete!

Can someone help with a room request recommendation for the end of June please? First priority would be refurbished room, followed by close to the Digsite. We'll have a rental car and have a standard booked. Thanks so much!

A question for those that have stayed here previously... We are arriving 8/24 and would love a refurbed room that is close to a bus stop, plus we will be eating at Maya Grill once, using the jacuzzi hopefully a few times, checking out the fitness center 1 or 2 times, and wanting to refill our mugs. All other meals be be at parks & other resorts. So...which building would be best for us? We will rent a car but will take the bus a lot. I'd love to bring my own coffee for the room if I knew what kind of brewer. Thanks!

We are arriving in 31 days and I was considering requesting 8B. How is the construction in that area? Is the bus stop by 8B closed.
Bus stop is open but it might be noisy during the day depending on which end of the building you're in. I'm out & about all day so it doesn't matter

does anyone know when they typically release a convention block? I'll be sixty days out tomorrow and the first two of the nights of the vacation are blocked because of a convention.

does anyone know when they typically release a convention block? I'll be sixty days out tomorrow and the first two of the nights of the vacation are blocked because of a convention.
I had this issue too. I want to say it was somewhere between 60 and 45 days out that the rooms opened up. There were no standard rooms left though.

It's such a pain because they have std for the last 5 nights at $146 with my passholder rate, but nothing at all for first 2 nights.

I'm thinking about staying here in the summer for a mother/daughter trip with my teen daughter. I want to stay at a value or moderate, but the only one I've ever stayed at is Pop, which I liked. Coronado is only about $30/night more than a value for our dates, which seems like a great deal. I'm not too concerned about the construction. My daughter, however, thinks Coronado doesn't look very "fun". I think it looks like a nice compromise with more amenities than the value resorts, but not the deluxe resort prices.

So, have your teens loved it? She loved the Polynesian, which I don't know I would say was "fun", either. I like relaxing! And a good pool, and pretty to walk around, which it looks like Coronado is all of those things.

I'm thinking about staying here in the summer for a mother/daughter trip with my teen daughter. I want to stay at a value or moderate, but the only one I've ever stayed at is Pop, which I liked. Coronado is only about $30/night more than a value for our dates, which seems like a great deal. I'm not too concerned about the construction. My daughter, however, thinks Coronado doesn't look very "fun". I think it looks like a nice compromise with more amenities than the value resorts, but not the deluxe resort prices.

So, have your teens loved it? She loved the Polynesian, which I don't know I would say was "fun", either. I like relaxing! And a good pool, and pretty to walk around, which it looks like Coronado is all of those things.
My kids are 10 and 13 and they both like Coronado a lot. They like POR more, but still really like CSR.

My son liked it but I wouldn't say he loved it. He enjoyed the pool and slide. The things he thought were the best were the views at night and the business class lounge which is now gone. I think it's a great compromise and a huge step up from pop!

Thanks! What is it about POR that they prefer?
The kids loved CSR the first time we stayed there because it was the first time we didn't stay in a value. It was such a change and we just loved the theme. They also really liked the pool area. The next year, we tried POR and POFQ and my 13 year old just fell in love with everything about it. I guess it must have been the theme because he didn't even go to the pool with his sister and I. Our family loves to walk along the river and around the grounds of both resorts. Even though the Port Orleans resorts are our favorite moderates, we are staying at CSR this summer. I think it's good to change things up and I want them to remember how much they liked CSR the first time we stayed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter