Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have never been to Summit before or to Coronado. We typically stay at Poly or GF but from what our info that is coming from Varsity/Disney, I am going to say Coronado will be busy all day with cheerleaders. There will be practices held at Coronado in the convention center all day from what I under stand. Every team is on different schedules, meet times, compete times and practice times so they will be all over the place. I am anticipating long lines and busy! Hoping parents and athletes are respectful of other people.

I hope also that they are mindful that there are people there actually on vacation, at least at the All Stars they will all be cheerleaders I guess. I know it's always a risk when booking CSR, hoping I've not made a mistake!

Just did online check in for my arrival on May 10th. The only section listed under requests was Cabanas....

Just did online check in for my arrival on May 10th. The only section listed under requests was Cabanas....
Well that stinks! We love the Ranchos section and I was hoping to request that when I did online check in this week.

I did ours a few weeks ago for May 13 arrival. No restriction on section. It could be that you did it so close to arrival.

Can you see some fireworks from CSR? We are currently booked for POR FQ for 4th of July weekend. The more I think about it, the more I want to avoid being inside the parks even on July 3rd due to the crowds. But I still want to see fireworks. It will be me, my mom, and my two boys (6 and 2). Thoughts?

Just changed our reservation from Sports to CSR for December 15th to the 20th.
I'm a little nervous about construction but hoping we get a refurbished room.

We live in Vegas so I'm not thrilled with going to a desert themed area at the resort but I'm still excited.

How long does it take usually to get from MCO to CSR on Magic Express? My mother in law, sister in law, and the kids will be taking ME while DH and I pick up a minivan rental. I didn't know if we would beat them to the resort or if they would? Since ME drops off at the main building, I would like to be able to pick them up and take them to the room if we aren't close.

We recently got back from a week long stay at CSR. You will be happy to know that the construction is hardly noticeable.

The following are my opinions of the place. It's a mixed bag so please feel free to disagree with me but again, these are just my opinions...

The Pro's:
The property is absolutely beautiful. One of the most beautiful resorts I've seen.
Great pool area
Reasonable price
Bus transportation was great. We didn't share buses with other resorts. The buses were always on time and rarely overcrowded. *The one exception was the bus to Epcot. This route always seemed to be very late, once taking over an hour.
The resort did not at all feel crowded.

The Con's:
The rooms were very worn and dated. The beds creaked loudly. Overall the room was just not that impressive.
The bathrooms were terrible. Very small, very dirty, and worse of all you could hear people in other rooms using their bathrooms... it got pretty disgusting...
The Pepper Market was not very good. It didn't taste good and it made us all sick.
The layout of the Casitas section is odd. I feel almost stupid for saying this but I don't think I ever really found my way around there :-X Maybe that was me and my vacation brain.
***THE BIGGEST CON by far has to be the staff. The cast members, especially in the Pepper Market, were rude and always seemed to be in a bad mood. We encountered rude employees every single day we were there. During our stay we only encountered a hand full of friendly people working. It really killed the magic for us.

I will also say the resort is very large and sprawling but we didn't find the size to be much of an issue. You will have to walk a little to get from your room to El Centro but the walk is lovely so its hard to complain.

This resort, for us, was very much a mixed bag. I really don't know if we'll ever stay here again though. The staff really put us off to the place.

***this again was just our experience with CSR. I'm sure others have had much different experiences, hopefully better.***

How long does it take usually to get from MCO to CSR on Magic Express? My mother in law, sister in law, and the kids will be taking ME while DH and I pick up a minivan rental. I didn't know if we would beat them to the resort or if they would? Since ME drops off at the main building, I would like to be able to pick them up and take them to the room if we aren't close.

It only took us about 30 min. This could very however. It depends on what other resorts the ME might go to and what order. We were the first stop so it didnt take to long.

It was about 30 minutes for me a couple of weeks ago. The stops were CSR then AKL and Kidani over at Animal Kingdom.

Can you see some fireworks from CSR? We are currently booked for POR FQ for 4th of July weekend. The more I think about it, the more I want to avoid being inside the parks even on July 3rd due to the crowds. But I still want to see fireworks. It will be me, my mom, and my two boys (6 and 2). Thoughts?

From Coronado you see the Hollywood Studios fireworks very well! There are good views outside from the Casitas 1-3 parking lots and from the nice bridge on the way to the main pool if you face toward the lobby. You can also see a tiny bit of the Epcot fireworks behind the main pool, but very little. You do not see any from MK. Hope that helps.

Just changed our reservation from Sports to CSR for December 15th to the 20th.
I'm a little nervous about construction but hoping we get a refurbished room.

We live in Vegas so I'm not thrilled with going to a desert themed area at the resort but I'm still excited.
We just got back from a trip this past weekend. Stayed in the brand new, not quite finished Ranchos 7A. Top floor right by Bus stop 3. New room smell! It was excellent. Construction does not start before 9AM. Depending on the stage they are at in December, it may not be that bad when you are there. But since Ranchos 7A was the first for refurbishment, may be worth requesting that area. I am sure there will be many updates as it approaches.

CSR was the first stop from MCO. ME took less than 40 minutes last Friday. The lines at the car rental places were crazy so my guess is they will beat you there. If you do online check they will text you the room numbers so they may even be able to go right to the room. The furthest room from main building really isn't that far of a walk if they only have their carry on stuff...plus, they can request bell services take them to the room...we did that and gave the guy a pretty nice tip even though we only had a carry on...best few bucks spent last weekend :-)

CSR was the first stop from MCO. ME took less than 40 minutes last Friday. The lines at the car rental places were crazy so my guess is they will beat you there. If you do online check they will text you the room numbers so they may even be able to go right to the room. The furthest room from main building really isn't that far of a walk if they only have their carry on stuff...plus, they can request bell services take them to the room...we did that and gave the guy a pretty nice tip even though we only had a carry on...best few bucks spent last weekend :-)

Thanks! We do alamo so we can skip the lines at MCO car rentals. I have walked by those lines, and wow! Good to know about bell services.

We always take the Magical Express and get the rental car are the Car Care Centre , our way to MK Alamo picks you up at your resort. Car rentals are less expensive away from the airport.

Just did on line check in for week of July 2nd and only choice given was Cabanas...I hope this is a good thing...

Just did on line check in for week of July 2nd and only choice given was Cabanas...I hope this is a good thing...
That has been the only choice for a long time now - it's really a glitch - nothing more - I prefer Cabanas however, so yes, it's a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter