Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it's a glitch, does that mean I could end up in a different section???

Definitely. Glitch or not those are only requests and don't always get granted. And by glitch @Tammy W means that every person that is doing online check in for Coronado ONLY sees Cabanas as an option for section of the resort.

We recently got back from a week long stay at CSR. You will be happy to know that the construction is hardly noticeable.

The following are my opinions of the place. It's a mixed bag so please feel free to disagree with me but again, these are just my opinions...

The Pro's:
The property is absolutely beautiful. One of the most beautiful resorts I've seen.
Great pool area
Reasonable price
Bus transportation was great. We didn't share buses with other resorts. The buses were always on time and rarely overcrowded. *The one exception was the bus to Epcot. This route always seemed to be very late, once taking over an hour.
The resort did not at all feel crowded.

The Con's:
The rooms were very worn and dated. The beds creaked loudly. Overall the room was just not that impressive.
The bathrooms were terrible. Very small, very dirty, and worse of all you could hear people in other rooms using their bathrooms... it got pretty disgusting...
The Pepper Market was not very good. It didn't taste good and it made us all sick.
The layout of the Casitas section is odd. I feel almost stupid for saying this but I don't think I ever really found my way around there :-X Maybe that was me and my vacation brain.
***THE BIGGEST CON by far has to be the staff. The cast members, especially in the Pepper Market, were rude and always seemed to be in a bad mood. We encountered rude employees every single day we were there. During our stay we only encountered a hand full of friendly people working. It really killed the magic for us.

I will also say the resort is very large and sprawling but we didn't find the size to be much of an issue. You will have to walk a little to get from your room to El Centro but the walk is lovely so its hard to complain.

This resort, for us, was very much a mixed bag. I really don't know if we'll ever stay here again though. The staff really put us off to the place.

***this again was just our experience with CSR. I'm sure others have had much different experiences, hopefully better.***

We were there during Easter. In fact, if you go back a few pages you can read my post about our a/c not working properly.

I agree with your post. It is a beautiful resort but the rooms are just awful. I had a different experience with food court staff. We thought the food was just ok. Nothing great, and not terrific vegetarian options. But the staff were great. However, the front desk staff was awful.

I'm not sure I would stay here again. Maybe after the rehab is over I will try it again.

I understand keurig machines were put in the new refurbished rooms...does anyone know if all rooms were given these or just the newly refurbished rooms? Trying to plan on what type of coffee to pack. Thanks!

I understand keurig machines were put in the new refurbished rooms...does anyone know if all rooms were given these or just the newly refurbished rooms? Trying to plan on what type of coffee to pack. Thanks!
Just the refurbed rooms.

I know they finished Ranchos 7A, but what's the estimated finish date for Cabanas 8A? We'll be checking in on July 12!

Are they working their way down and including the Casitas in the refurbishment?
We were looking to book in the Casitas in 2018, but I'd sure like a Keurig in the room.

Checked in early this morning. We were having lunch and got the text that our room in the Casitas was ready, when we went to the room the curtains were open and I could see that the beds had been stripped down and no clean sheets there. All that registered in my brain was that the room wasn't clean and I needed to go to the front desk. I asked to speak to the manager to see what had happened. She wasn't sure but they would look for another room. DH kept insisting that we would just wait for the room to be cleaned, which was confusing to me because why would he care if we could get into another room right away. When we got the call that the room was ready, DH rushed over while I was getting our mugs filled. When I got to the room it made sense why he insisted on us keeping the room. Evidently the model room for the new rooms is in Casitas! While we were off to a rocky start, we ended up getting a wonderful dose of pixie dust!

The new rooms are gorgeous and we are in our favorite building-what could be better!

The manager was more than gracious with a $50 room credit and 3 anytime FPs for our MK day tomorrow for the confusion, although we did not ask to be compensated and told her we were more than happy with our room.

To top off our night we went to Tiffins with a ROL dining package and we were each given a lotus flower popcorn bucket. The waiter said that they had quite the surplus of them so they were gifting them. I had seen them online and thought they were pretty so getting one for free is awesome! AND they qualify for the $1.59 popcorn refills!!

Great start!!!

I wonder why they are jumping around? Why wouldn't they have just finished the Ranchos?

Does anyone know where the elevators are located in each of the buildings? Are they at one end of the building or in the middle of the buildings?

Hi all..

Curious.. I have a preferred king booked for next week but I see that is a casita over near the Centre .. but aren't those closed for renovations.?

Hi all..

Curious.. I have a preferred king booked for next week but I see that is a casita over near the Centre .. but aren't those closed for renovations.?

No worries! Cabanas 8A is currently closed (Cabanas 9B is gone). Casitas is not yet affected. The construction is not in that area -- you'll be fine! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter