Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closed for refurb or permanently?

Most likely permanently. The construction permit covers construction not just on the site of building 9B, but on the retaining pond behind the building and the adjacent feature pond at the front of the resort, and the permit runs through the end of 2018. So you probably shouldn't expect the building to come back in its former form at all, and not for the next two years no matter what.

Is the bus super busy since there's 4 stops verses one at all the resorts? Is there a better bus stop to use than another to get a chance to sit on the bus?

Is this really better than all star sports or pop century for a solo adult 2 night stay? Prob will not use the amenitites but looking for a quieter resort.

In other words, it would cost me about $160 more to stay here for two nights than at pop century. (Neither preferred room)

The bus service is definitely better. The travel times from CSR are all significantly shorter than the travel times from Pop. Epcot and DHS are five minutes away. MK and AK are ten minutes away. You're not forced to stand in a queue in direct sunlight (the CSR stops all are shaded.) However, it's also a much larger resort, so it's not an easy thing necessarily to decide to use one bus stop over another because doing so might involve a lot of walking. Also, except at rope drop, the theme park buses can arrive crowded, and as people get off at each stop along the bus loop, others will be getting on.

If you're heading to rope drop in the morning, you could use stop 2 (nearest to Casitas 4 and 5), which is the first stop the theme park buses serve. But like I said, that only works if you're within reasonable walking distance. If your room is near at a stop where you're worried about not getting a seat in the morning (Cabanas stop 4), for example), you could be up to a half-mile walk away.

I'm booked business class for September, has anyone heard anymore updates on what they might do with my reservation? Last I heard people were being moved to AKL, if that's the case we will probably change some of our plans.

I think the latest I've heard being contacted so far are May bookings, with a move to AKL. We are booked for December so we likely have a long wait before we're contacted, but I am getting very impatient. I've tried to call and every time I've spoken to a CM who has no idea about it being closed. We are hoping to push our trip back one week later than currently booked. Please post after you get the call! And anyone else reading, please let us know if you've been contacted to move your May or later business class reservations!

Hi all! My sister just booked a standard room here, because of a really good rate. I have zero experience with this resort. She is traveling solo and would like to request a room most convenient to a bus stop. She is a cancer survivor, and fatigues easily. Any, and all advice, welcome! Thank you.

Are they no longer providing pool towels? The recreation calendar for this month says to bring your own towels from the room but when we were there last May they were provided at the pool.

We were at the Main Pool a few weeks ago and they did provide towels. I did not get a chance to go to any of the quiet pools this trip, so I am not sure if they still provide them or not. They did last May though.

Hi all! My sister just booked a standard room here, because of a really good rate. I have zero experience with this resort. She is traveling solo and would like to request a room most convenient to a bus stop. She is a cancer survivor, and fatigues easily. Any, and all advice, welcome! Thank you.

Casitas 4. The first bus stop picked up (bus stop #2) going to the parks is right behind that building. It may be worth it to get a subscription on Touring Plans so that she can put in a request for a specific room. They show you each building and the view from each room.

Hi there quick question, I'm considering a change from CBR to CSR and I see the refurb warning on the reservation page. I've read back a bit here and I can't tell...is this going to affect the main pool/hot tub/bar/playground/spa....basically are any of the entertainment amenities going to be impacted in April? Or is it just guest rooms?

My family will be at CBR checking in 2/23 for 6 nights including the Princess Half weekend. We have two 8am breakfasts, one at Tusker House and one at Chef Mickeys. Normally we would drive to make sure we make it on time, but because of the marathons we plan to take the buses. Do the early morning buses pick up at all resort bus stops or do we need to go to bust stop #1?

Early morning buses will go to all bus stops. I think they start about 6:30 am. We've used the buses for EMM at MK and for PPO breakfasts as well.

Hi everyone! I'm so excited we decided to take our new addition to disney this spring. He will be 7 months. My husband and I have been to disney many times but this is our first trip as 3. I am going down for a conference 4/10-4/14 and my family is coming down on the 14th. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated

1. I was able to reserve the conference room rate online (option standard or preferred-same price) but ended up calling to reserve because I had questions about splitting the price since it's partially a work trip. I didn't think until the end if the conversation to confirm she booked me a preferred room. She said it wasn't an option for her but put it in the comments. I didn't want to be rude so I didn't push it. Should I call back and get it changed? If so will it change my confirmation number? I already have my dining, tickets, etc linked to it.

2. Since I an going to a conference I want to be close to the conference center because I will need to go back to my room and pump multiple times a day.

3. Since it's our first trip with a stroller we want to be sure to be one of the first stops for the theme park bus.

4. Ideally I don't want to be too far away from the lobby since I require a lot of caffeine but this is by far the lowest on my priority list.

If course in a perfect world I would want a room that has already been updated.

Based on all of this coupled with the refurbishment(noise)-do you recommend I call again? When I do online check in, where should I request?

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Last edited:
I am trying to add on an additional day to my trip (June 4) at CSR. We are flying in that day and had to book at Pop for one night because CSR is unavailable. I know there is a conference scheduled that day. Does anyone know how far in advance Disney may release unbooked rooms that are being held for a conference? I would love it if we didn't have to move resorts.

I am trying to add on an additional day to my trip (June 4) at CSR. We are flying in that day and had to book at Pop for one night because CSR is unavailable. I know there is a conference scheduled that day. Does anyone know how far in advance Disney may release unbooked rooms that are being held for a conference? I would love it if we didn't have to move resorts.

If you know what conference it is you can Google it and there will be a date for the room block. I have seen different times that they hold the room so it doesn't appear to be a standard number, maybe it's something the conference negotiates? I can tell you that for a conference you can cancel up to 5 days before arrival

Based on all of this coupled with the refurbishment(noise)-do you recommend I call again? When I do online check in, where should I request?

So, for all your points, Preferred room is definitely what you want. Do call back and see what they say. I don't know anything about conference rates or how they show up, but if you are able to link the reservation to your My Disney Experience account, it should tell you the room type. Changing it will not change the confirmation number. It's also possible they are sold out of the preferred rooms for your conference block or you'd need to book the other days separately and then link the reservation. The phone agents can do that for you.

As for the renovated rooms, that will not be possible for preferred as they are starting on the other side, in Ranchos. As I've stated before, it does seem the rooms are hit and miss as far as quality. But if you go into it knowing there might be issues, you will have a better time. If anything is unacceptable, do return to the front desk to resolve the issue instead of using the telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter