Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi Kook,
I haven't had much luck with military offers for this vacation, maybe it's the dates.
We leave two weeks from today. Our atrium club portion is Oct 27-30. I went with the bay lake view, it sounded pretty. First time at a monorail for us, we are very much looking forward to this trip. :dance3:
Thanks for all you do as hostess with the mostess.::yes:: This thread has been very helpful as I've worked on planning. :goodvibes
You're very welcome, Ginny. I'm glad you've found the thread helpful. I didn't even realize you were splitting with the Atrium Club so I just added your dates to the Log-orail:). What an exciting trip you're going to have soon!

I agree with Trisha that you will love relaxing in the lounge with DH and taking in the expansive views. The BLV is our favorite room view:lovestruc. You and DH really deserve this trip and I hope it's extra magical for the both of you:hug:

I hope you will report back after your stay. We've never stayed at the CR, but we're hoping to try it sometime next year and it's always great reading about other people's experiences :goodvibes.

I agree 110% about KOOK...she's a great hostess and is always very helpful ::yes::.
:blush: Awww, thank you so much, mickeynut1.

Hi folks,

So, our UK family is returning to the CR in the Summer (2015). Our boys are now 16 and 10, and can't share a bed without falling out! How does the day bed work.... Are there are pictures anyone can share? If you request, will "they" provide sheets etc., is that something you request on checkin?

Thank you so much!!!!
Welcome to the thread! There is a link to open daybed photos in the ROOM chapter of the thread. HERE is the direct link to the photos.

The daybeds, like the sleeper sofas, are already made-up when you check-in. You just have to open it and add pillows…and an occupant;)

The Magic Kingdom hotels will be testing a new bus route from 10/12-10/25/14. The bus will run between the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort, the Polynesian and Typhoon Lagoon. This will fix the problem of all Typhoon Lagoon guests having to transfer at Epcot after 2:00pm.
~DIS Updates

Hi folks,

So, our UK family is returning to the CR in the Summer (2015). Our boys are now 16 and 10, and can't share a bed without falling out! How does the day bed work.... Are there are pictures anyone can share? If you request, will "they" provide sheets etc., is that something you request on checkin?

Thank you so much!!!!

Just wanted to add that dd and myself each 5'5" and ds 5'11" have each slept in those day beds. Not as comfy as the queens but better than any other hotel day bed we have ever had. They are slightly slinner than a twin but about the same length. There is one blanket in the closet but dial housekeeping for as many as you need.

Best part is how quick they are to make up. Simply pull down from back and there it is:goodvibes

Hi everyone. I didn't do any requests when I booked the other day so wondering if I need to call back and add them on?? We are in a lake view room at the contemporary. What are some good requests???

Thanks in advance :)

So I made a bunch of changes all over again. We had to switch to a late flight for our arrival day so we added a night to the end of our stay but unfortunately the CL MK view room that we booked wasn't available. And since the RO discount is over. I would've had to pay rack rate for that last night. So the only way to add that last night with my RO discount was to switch to a regular Bay Lake view room. I'm sad that we won't be able to try CL or have that view of Wishes at night. Now I'm wondering if I made the right choice in switching..

I think someone on another thread you posted indicated "high floor, away from Chef Mickey's". I think I am leaning this direction as well. :goodvibes
That's what we typically request, too. Although, truth be told and in my opinion only, the noise from Chef Mickey's is only an issue if you like to (a) sleep late, or (b) come back in the middle of the day for a nap. And honestly, we fall into both categories and still weren't bothered all that much by it.

Just wanted to add that dd and myself each 5'5" and ds 5'11" have each slept in those day beds. Not as comfy as the queens but better than any other hotel day bed we have ever had. They are slightly slinner than a twin but about the same length. There is one blanket in the closet but dial housekeeping for as many as you need.

Best part is how quick they are to make up. Simply pull down from back and there it is:goodvibes
Helpful information, Trisha.

I think someone on another thread you posted indicated "high floor, away from Chef Mickey's". I think I am leaning this direction as well. :goodvibes
Sounds like my Tower room request mantra.

So I made a bunch of changes all over again. We had to switch to a late flight for our arrival day so we added a night to the end of our stay but unfortunately the CL MK view room that we booked wasn't available. And since the RO discount is over. I would've had to pay rack rate for that last night. So the only way to add that last night with my RO discount was to switch to a regular Bay Lake view room. I'm sad that we won't be able to try CL or have that view of Wishes at night. Now I'm wondering if I made the right choice in switching..
Keep checking daily for availability since people cancel and change all the time. If this was the best alternative to paying rack rate, then that was a good decision.

That's what we typically request, too. Although, truth be told and in my opinion only, the noise from Chef Mickey's is only an issue if you like to (a) sleep late, or (b) come back in the middle of the day for a nap. And honestly, we fall into both categories and still weren't bothered all that much by it.
The "Celebration Song" does go on till around 10 so it can impact those who go to bed before then. However, the EWP starts at 10:10 so if you're in a Tower room, it isn't really quiet until after 10:15.

Hi everyone! We are here now and wanted to report that the water play area is still closed, with no posted information in a reopen date.

Also, for those of you waffling about the garden view rooms, I was nervous about ours as well, but it's wonderful! I didn't care about missing out on the view, since we prefer to watch the fireworks from the park, but was worried about feeling too far away from the action....however, I don't feel that way at all. We have a 1st floor room with a view of the bay, which is lovely, and I actually prefer a little less noise since we take midday nap breaks. It's only a few extra steps to MK, and being able to walk to the park is fantastic!!!

We chose CR for this trip since Poly was under construction, but would definitely stay here again even once Poly is done. The staff has been wonderful, no issues with mousekeeping, and just a great location. :)

Hi everyone! We are here now and wanted to report that the water play area is still closed, with no posted information in a reopen date.

Also, for those of you waffling about the garden view rooms, I was nervous about ours as well, but it's wonderful! I didn't care about missing out on the view, since we prefer to watch the fireworks from the park, but was worried about feeling too far away from the action....however, I don't feel that way at all. We have a 1st floor room with a view of the bay, which is lovely, and I actually prefer a little less noise since we take midday nap breaks. It's only a few extra steps to MK, and being able to walk to the park is fantastic!!!

We chose CR for this trip since Poly was under construction, but would definitely stay here again even once Poly is done. The staff has been wonderful, no issues with mousekeeping, and just a great location. :)

Glad you are enjoying your stay!! :goodvibes

Hi! We are new DVC owners staying at BLT for the first time in just 16 days :) I am so excited! When arriving via Magical Express, is CR always the last stop for MK resorts? Thanks!!

Two more sleeps and we'll be checking in to the CR for the first time :) :)

Hi! We are new DVC owners staying at BLT for the first time in just 16 days :) I am so excited! When arriving via Magical Express, is CR always the last stop for MK resorts? Thanks!!

When we stayed at the GF back in August, CR was the last stop.

We arrived Monday and the Contemporary was the 2nd stop after Wilderness Lodge. We arrived at MCO at 9:13 and arrived at Contemporary at 10:23.

So do you think arriving at CR would be an hour after leaving MCO?

With DME we always budget 90 minutes after arrival. Actual drive time is about 45-60 depending on stops, and they do seem to vary the order at times.

I agree with KOOK to keep checking as things do change and CL might become available :).

Thanks for checking in, sounds like you're having a great time :goodvibes.

I can't help with DME as we never use it, but wanted to say congrats on becoming DVC members and for your first upcoming BLT stay :dance3:.

Two more sleeps and we'll be checking in to the CR for the first time :) :)

:cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter