Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

What does everyone think about me switching our reservation from garden wing to tower lake view?? If it's available and cheaper is it worth it to be in tower?

I would switch ;).

The Poly should be nice and spiffy for your August trip - sounds like fun! No Disney trips booked/planned right now - this is a first:scratchin

I am excited to see the "new" Poly :goodvibes. I don't care for the lobby from a few artist renderings I've seen, but I'm sure the resort is going to be as beautiful as ever when everything is done. Our family trip might fall just a few weeks prior to my girls trip and might also be at the Poly, so if that turns out to be the case, I'll definitely get my Poly fix :thumbsup2.

I'm sure you will be planning another Disney trip soon :wizard:.

How does your DD like being a senior? You will be buying those graduation announcements and planning her open house before you know it ::yes::.

Okay now my next question. I have decided to upgrade but wondering if I wi be okay to wait until 7am to call or should I book a new reservation online?? Or will they even let me do that??

I like to call over booking online (even when it's busy for newly released discounts), but that's just my preference. It would also be easier (IMO) to call as you can just have your existing reservation modified instead of having to pay another deposit and calling anyway to cancel and get a refund on the first reservation.

So I just looked under our dates again and the garden wing is now available so it might be under the discounts?!? is it still worth it to switch to the tower for more money??
by my calculations it would only be around 80 dollars difference..

I can't comment on the tower vs the GW from experience, but my preference would be the tower, so I would make the switch :).

We just returned from a 4 night stay at CR tower, 7th floor, middle of the tower, and loved it. The forum discussion here is spot on. Our only issue, which others also commented on, is that Mousekeeping was remarkably poor. No coffee replacement at all. Had to track it down every single evening. They make the bed, empty the trash cans, and if the towels are blocking the door on the floor they replace them. That's about it.

Service otherwise was great. Greeted as we got off the Magical Express, matched the name, and check in was very fast. Questions throughout the stay were very helpful, as was the airline baggage and boarding passes. The pool was fun, the beach was empty. Ping pong outside at 2 am under a nearly full moon was fabulous. Had not planned on using the contempo cafe, but did for a meal or two and it was surprisingly good for quick service. Again, the CR staff was really really good.

Walking to the magic kingdom was fun. The Boat Launch to Wilderness campground can't be beat - the Captain was so entertaining the wife wanted to ride it again just to be with him.

Sunrise on the balcony with coffee is a great way to start the day. Loved watching the electric parade across the lake. Just a great hotel. Fix the housekeeping.

We just returned from a 4 night stay at CR tower, 7th floor, middle of the tower, and loved it. The forum discussion here is spot on. Our only issue, which others also commented on, is that Mousekeeping was remarkably poor. No coffee replacement at all. Had to track it down every single evening. They make the bed, empty the trash cans, and if the towels are blocking the door on the floor they replace them. That's about it.

Service otherwise was great. Greeted as we got off the Magical Express, matched the name, and check in was very fast. Questions throughout the stay were very helpful, as was the airline baggage and boarding passes. The pool was fun, the beach was empty. Ping pong outside at 2 am under a nearly full moon was fabulous. Had not planned on using the contempo cafe, but did for a meal or two and it was surprisingly good for quick service. Again, the CR staff was really really good.

Walking to the magic kingdom was fun. The Boat Launch to Wilderness campground can't be beat - the Captain was so entertaining the wife wanted to ride it again just to be with him.

Sunrise on the balcony with coffee is a great way to start the day. Loved watching the electric parade across the lake. Just a great hotel. Fix the housekeeping.

Thank you for your review! :goodvibes

So I just looked under our dates again and the garden wing is now available so it might be under the discounts?!? is it still worth it to switch to the tower for more money??
by my calculations it would only be around 80 dollars difference..
Another "switch" vote here::yes::

I am excited to see the "new" Poly :goodvibes. I don't care for the lobby from a few artist renderings I've seen, but I'm sure the resort is going to be as beautiful as ever when everything is done. Our family trip might fall just a few weeks prior to my girls trip and might also be at the Poly, so if that turns out to be the case, I'll definitely get my Poly fix :thumbsup2.

I'm sure you will be planning another Disney trip soon :wizard:.

How does your DD like being a senior? You will be buying those graduation announcements and planning her open house before you know it ::yes::.
That seems like a big kahuna dose of Poly. What happened to CR?:stir:

DD's only a Junior and turns 16 next week, but we already have some college open houses scheduled this year:goodvibes

Thank you for posting your review. I think your last sentence sums it up perfectly. Housekeeping at pretty much all the Disney Resorts seems to vary greatly, housekeeper to housekeeper. It's great when you get a fastidious and conscientious housekeeper, and not so great when you don't, which can happen especially on weekends.

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the house keeping issues, but glad everything else was great :wizard:.

That seems like a big kahuna dose of Poly. What happened to CR?:stir:

DD's only a Junior and turns 16 next week, but we already have some college open houses scheduled this year:goodvibes

LOL....yes, that would be a big does of the Poly :laughing:. The late July/early August trip could possibly be a big family trip for my 3 yo niece's first trip to Disney (could be as many as 15 of us) and the Poly is my brother's first choice and although I would be going back soon after that trip, I wouldn't mind as I do love the Poly. We are only in the pre-planning/talking stages right now, so he could change his mind ;). With that said, I'm still considering a quick trip over Mother's Day for me, DH, and the boys and the CR is first on the list for that trip :goodvibes.

I'm sorry, I thought your DD was a senior this year. Happy 16th Birthday to her a little early :cake:. Good luck with the college visits :).

I can't wait to catch up on the information here before my first stay at the Contemporary for New Year's Eve!

I can't wait to catch up on the information here before my first stay at the Contemporary for New Year's Eve!
Welcome to the DIS and the thread, tmosier! Do you have a TPV on NYE?

Made the switch and saved money!!!
:thumbsup2

Can someone direct me to the BLT room view thread looking at standard view any on the 5th floor?
:welcome: to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread!

There are some outer villas on the north side that go up to the 5th. The thread is located HERE. The link is in the first post of the BLT chapter of the thread (POST 14) under "BLT Links of Interest."

Hi Kook,
I haven't had much luck with military offers for this vacation, maybe it's the dates.
We leave two weeks from today. Our atrium club portion is Oct 27-30. I went with the bay lake view, it sounded pretty. First time at a monorail for us, we are very much looking forward to this trip. :dance3:
Thanks for all you do as hostess with the mostess.::yes:: This thread has been very helpful as I've worked on planning. :goodvibes

Hi Kook,
I haven't had much luck with military offers for this vacation, maybe it's the dates.
We leave two weeks from today. Our atrium club portion is Oct 27-30. I went with the bay lake view, it sounded pretty. First time at a monorail for us, we are very much looking forward to this trip. :dance3:
Thanks for all you do as hostess with the mostess.::yes:: This thread has been very helpful as I've worked on planning. :goodvibes

Oh Ginny dd loves Atrium club! They have such warm CL CM's.

It is fun to look over rail and watch the activity of the concourse:yay:

Catching the monorail in your lobby :cool1:

The view is amazing too!:cloud9:

Have a great trip:goodvibes

Made the switch and saved money!!!

Congrats on making the switch as well as on the savings :yay:.

Hi Kook,

Have a great trip :wizard:.

I hope you will report back after your stay. We've never stayed at the CR, but we're hoping to try it sometime next year and it's always great reading about other people's experiences :goodvibes.

I agree 110% about KOOK...she's a great hostess and is always very helpful ::yes::.

Oh Ginny dd loves Atrium club! They have such warm CL CM's.

It is fun to look over rail and watch the activity of the concourse:yay:

Catching the monorail in your lobby :cool1:

The view is amazing too!:cloud9:

Have a great trip:goodvibes

That's great to hear! We're looking forward to this new adventure. :goodvibes

Congrats on making the switch as well as on the savings :yay:.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

I hope you will report back after your stay. We've never stayed at the CR, but we're hoping to try it sometime next year and it's always great reading about other people's experiences :goodvibes.

I agree 110% about KOOK...she's a great hostess and is always very helpful ::yes::.

I will be happy to report back. I've always thought the Contemporary was amazing. We are so looking forward to staying there. :goodvibes

I will be happy to report back. I've always thought the Contemporary was amazing. We are so looking forward to staying there. :goodvibes

I will be looking forward to your report :goodvibes. I'm sure you will have a great time. We've stayed at the Poly and GF and being on the monorail and being close to the castle is so magical :wizard:.

Hi folks,

So, our UK family is returning to the CR in the Summer (2015). Our boys are now 16 and 10, and can't share a bed without falling out! How does the day bed work.... Are there are pictures anyone can share? If you request, will "they" provide sheets etc., is that something you request on checkin?

Thank you so much!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter