Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

And my Spurs lost....in overtime....:furious: and now at BLT and got a less than desirable one bedroom....7421...a very obstructed lake view on the 4th floor !:(

My specific request was a low number on the outside .....so much for stating request. Hope others have better luck !

I'm sorry your Spurs lost :(, but I know how you feel as it's still frustrating even though it's just preseason.

I'm sorry about the less than desirable room, but I hope you are having a great time :).

Ok, so I Guess I missed this somehow-and we leave in 3 days!!!! The splash area is closed??? We switched from WL to CR because of the pool construction. My son is going to be so disappointed. Do they allow you to bring your own "life jackets" we have a puddle jumper that he will feel more comfortable wearing if there won't be a splash pad.
There are life jackets at the pool for the little ones to use. DD6 and DD3 still had a great time in the pool without the splash pad....the waterside helps! :)

We arrived Monday and the Contemporary was the 2nd stop after Wilderness Lodge. We arrived at MCO at 9:13 and arrived at Contemporary at 10:23.
We took ME to CR last Monday, and were the last stop after GF, Poly and WL. Almost 2 hours from MCO to CR....but at least out room was ready when we got there!

DH was soooo not happy with BLT room assignment that they moved us today...to what we asked for in the first place...VERY happy now !

Hot tub/spa still closed at BLT :sad: forced to use jacuzzi in Room which is a nice substitute. ;)

DH was soooo not happy with BLT room assignment that they moved us today...to what we asked for in the first place...VERY happy now !

Hot tub/spa still closed at BLT :sad: forced to use jacuzzi in Room which is a nice substitute. ;)

Glad they were able to move you! Enjoy the rest of your trip and the new room :goodvibes.

I know some of you know Randy S. who was the wonderful Manager at WL's Old Faithful Club for about 4 years. Recently, he's been on a 4-month temporary assignment to POR/POFQ as their Recreation GSM. Lucky for us, he'll be starting a new permanent position in November as the Recreation Guest Services Manager at CR. He will be greatly missed at WL, but we are very excited for him and pleased that he's coming back to Bay Lake:beach:. Randy is very personable and friendly so if you see him, don't hesitate to introduce yourself.​

Hi everyone! We are here now and wanted to report that the water play area is still closed, with no posted information in a reopen date.

Also, for those of you waffling about the garden view rooms, I was nervous about ours as well, but it's wonderful! I didn't care about missing out on the view, since we prefer to watch the fireworks from the park, but was worried about feeling too far away from the action....however, I don't feel that way at all. We have a 1st floor room with a view of the bay, which is lovely, and I actually prefer a little less noise since we take midday nap breaks. It's only a few extra steps to MK, and being able to walk to the park is fantastic!!!

We chose CR for this trip since Poly was under construction, but would definitely stay here again even once Poly is done. The staff has been wonderful, no issues with mousekeeping, and just a great location. :)
People ask all the time about the GW Vs. The Tower so your post is very helpful. I don't know what is going on with the splash pad and I wonder why they've not let guests know anything about the closure:confused3

Hi! We are new DVC owners staying at BLT for the first time in just 16 days :) I am so excited! When arriving via Magical Express, is CR always the last stop for MK resorts? Thanks!!
You're going to love BLT. What kind of villa are you staying in?

Just booked my first trip to CR. Been lurking around for awhile and finally snagged an AP rate for bay view tower. We r very excited!
Welcome, Lurker! Tower-BLV is our favorite so I know you'll love it.

We are booked club level for Jan 23 - 29. We got a form e-mailed to me but I have already booked all my ADRs. Should I bother to fill it out and send back? What else do they use it for?
Those forms are diabolical. If there is anything you need/want, just email the IPO without the form, that's what I always do and it's much easier than using the PIP (Pre-Itinerary Planning) form.

Hello all

My question is , what time are Bell services open from, cause I am looking to possibly visit Kennedy Space Centre on the day of the resort swap if I do a plit stay, but going by coach, so need to be at DTD by 8 am. So I thought of leaving the luggage at Bell Services around 7 am, and then getting a taxi there.

Does that sound okay to people?
Bell Services is open 24/7.

We received some very awesome pixie dust and I just have to share.

We were originally booked in a standard vw Atrium CL room and were upgraded to a 2 BR suite on the 14th floor and both bedrooms have king beds and there is literally 4 bathrooms!! This place is HUGE!!! DH & I are completely speechless but what a way to kick off our 29th wedding anniversary trip. Will try to post pics later.
I know I'm very late replying, but this is awesome! Did you ever lose DH in there?

Here are some pics from our suite:

We also have 4 balconies overlooking the lake...just amazing!!
I'm going to post a link to your photos:)

We literally were in shock..I do believe it was the first time I was completely speechless!

And I will admit that our good fortune has continued. We checked in to the YC CL earlier today and were booked in to a garden view CL room but were given a pool view/lagoon view, King bed room. While no suite, the room is very nice, very clean and the view is amazing!! As if all this wasn't enough, no sooner we got settled into the YC room, we were surprised with a delivery of balloons and chocolates along with a signed card from Mickey & Minnie. I have now been officially spoiled on this trip :).
This has been an incredible anniversary trip - so happy for you!

Another closure that I don't think was ever "announced." Did they inform you about the whirlpool closure when you checked-in? BLT guests can use the CR hot tubs.

WDWKOOK...nothing mentioned at check-in about whirlpool closure. DH didn't want to walk over to CR after walking 6 miles yesterday !:rotfl2:

WDWKOOK...nothing mentioned at check-in about whirlpool closure. DH didn't want to walk over to CR after walking 6 miles yesterday !:rotfl2:
As a courtesy, they should have at least told BLT guests at check-in or in-room about the closure and that they could use the CR hot tub. There's also a check-in at BLT in the lobby if DH recovers:duck:

You're going to love BLT. What kind of villa are you staying in?

We will be in a studio. We actually bought at BLT after years of drooling over the location, but this will be our first time to stay there. Only 11 more days :)

We took ME to CR last Monday, and were the last stop after GF, Poly and WL. Almost 2 hours from MCO to CR....but at least out room was ready when we got there!

Yikes! I hope this was a one time occurrence! We land at noon and are really hoping to make the 3:00 parade.

Thank You WDWKOOK and MickeyNut1 for my question on Bell services. Much appreciated.
You're welcome. Don't forget to check the KSC schedule to see if there's a launch while you're there. We've been able to see launches several times from the beach at WL. You should be able to also see them from CR, especially if you watch from in front of the Garden Wing near the canal. They launch "near" the FW/Four Seasons area (in Cocoa Beach).

I know I'm very late replying, but this is awesome! Did you ever lose DH in there?

I'm going to post a link to your photos:)

This has been an incredible anniversary trip - so happy for you!

Thanks...it really has been an incredible trip and as for losing DH, there was that moment when he told me he needed to use the bathroom before we headed out and I had no idea which of the 4 he was in :rotfl2:.

DH loved CR so much that we've decided to split our stay next August. In December, when we return,, I'll book the BB for CR for our first two nights, then we'll switch to the Poly CL with that magical deal. He really wants our DD's to experience the CR too :).

One thing I was surprised to find: I thought I had read that guests staying CL on the 14th floor were allowed to use the CL on the 12th floor but when I asked the CL CM that question at check in, she told me they no longer give access to both floors :confused3. Maybe I misunderstood.​

One thing I was surprised to find: I thought I had read that guests staying CL on the 14th floor were allowed to use the CL on the 12th floor but when I asked the CL CM that question at check in, she told me they no longer give access to both floors :confused3. Maybe I misunderstood.

I thought they could use both lounges as well.

in the contempo right now. why is the wifi so incredibly pathetic? barely pulling 2mbps on a good day, with times often sub-1mbps. :confused3:sad2:

Yikes! I hope this was a one time occurrence! We land at noon and are really hoping to make the 3:00 parade.

When we arrived last Saturday, CR was the 2nd stop. I will say that it still took us a little over an hour though because we waited in the ME line at the airport for 40 minutes for the our bus. In all of our trips that was the longest wait we've ever had but the amount of people waiting for their buses were insane!

Just booked Spring Break at CR (Tower-BLV, of course)! We're so looking forward to returning to such a beautiful and iconic resort. Being on Bay Lake and walking to the MK is magical:goodvibes

Thanks...it really has been an incredible trip and as for losing DH, there was that moment when he told me he needed to use the bathroom before we headed out and I had no idea which of the 4 he was in :rotfl2:.

DH loved CR so much that we've decided to split our stay next August. In December, when we return,, I'll book the BB for CR for our first two nights, then we'll switch to the Poly CL with that magical deal. He really wants our DD's to experience the CR too :).

One thing I was surprised to find: I thought I had read that guests staying CL on the 14th floor were allowed to use the CL on the 12th floor but when I asked the CL CM that question at check in, she told me they no longer give access to both floors :confused3. Maybe I misunderstood.
Good thing there are phones in the bathroom so you could call DH (or have they finally removed those?)

I love hearing about magical Disney moments. So happy for you and anyone else who receives some pixie dust on their vacationpixiedust:

Well, you USED to be able to use both lounges if you were booked in a Tower Club room so if the CM said that it's no longer the case, then I guess they've changed it. Thank you for letting me know so I can update the CL section with your information.

in the contempo right now. why is the wifi so incredibly pathetic? barely pulling 2mbps on a good day, with times often sub-1mbps. :confused3:sad2:
Disney Resort WiFi has always been spotty. I always have to "log out" then "log in" to "refresh" the connection. It's almost like the old dial-up days:sad2:. Hopefully, WDW will improve connectivity issues soon, especially if they want everyone to be using MDX. Disney is aware of the spotty connections. I received a recent resort survey from WL which asked how much I valued improved WiFi. (I value you it a lot, especially for uploading photos to Photobucket;)):

Just booked Spring Break at CR (Tower-BLV, of course)! We're so looking forward to returning to such a beautiful and iconic resort. Being on Bay Lake and walking to the MK is magical:goodvibes

Woohoo! We will be staying at BLT over our spring break - first time at BLT/Contemporary. Can't wait!

Thanks for all that you do with this thread! It was so helpful in deciding to go with BLT and I'm sure will continue to be helpful as we inch closer to our stay there.

Bell Services is open 24/7.

Thanks for this :). I thought bell services was around the clock, but I wasn't 100% sure, so I didn't want to post it ;).

Thank You WDWKOOK and MickeyNut1 for my question on Bell services. Much appreciated.

You're welcome. Have a great trip :goodvibes.

:cool1::cool1:

I knew it wouldn't be long before you had a Disney trip to plan :thumbsup2.

Woohoo! We will be staying at BLT over our spring break - first time at BLT/Contemporary. Can't wait!

Thanks for all that you do with this thread! It was so helpful in deciding to go with BLT and I'm sure will continue to be helpful as we inch closer to our stay there.

Congrats on your upcoming CR stay :wizard:.

I second the thank you to WDWKOOK, she is a wealth of information and does a great job with this thread :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter