Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

The music for the fireworks is pipped in on the observation deck on the 4th floor of the tower building. It's located on the north side of the tower, just beyond the Fantasia store.
Not outside anywhere by pool or anything? Or can you not view fireworks from pool?

I wanted to thank you for your help. We just got back from our vacation and couldn't have asked for a better view from our room. We were in room 4735 on the 11th floor. Having my mom with us, it was awesome to have that view as we stayed in the room in the afternoons with her and we watched the fireworks several nights from there as well.
I wanted to thank you for your help. We just got back from our vacation and couldn't have asked for a better view from our room. We were in room 4735 on the 11th floor. Having my mom with us, it was awesome to have that view as we stayed in the room in the afternoons with her and we watched the fireworks several nights from there as well.
Thank you for posting the room number and the View. we are looking to book several nights next year with the theme park view and i was trying to figure out what room number or numbers might have a great view of the castle. Glad you had a great time

Thank you for posting the room number and the View. we are looking to book several nights next year with the theme park view and i was trying to figure out what room number or numbers might have a great view of the castle. Glad you had a great time
You're welcome! I am happy that my post is useful for you! This was my first Disney trip in which the view was important to me. And I am glad I had asked on here what to request prior to my trip. I hope you have a great trip!

We just came back from CR Atrium level for 10 days. We all had a great time.One thing we all hated was the heat and humidity!! Thank goodness for my sun umbrella and my fan, it helped! If it wasn’t for my son and DIL being teachers, I wouldn’t go in August again. We did August when my kids were young and the heat didn’t bother us, but now that we are in our early 70’s it’s too much.

The staff was excellent, shoutout to Dave, Courtney and Kyle. The food sampling’s for the day were good, I even tried the dreaded coddled eggs and after mixing it up, I actually liked it. All the food comes from the California Grill. The meat servings were so good!!

The mousekeepers made towel animals for my granddaughter 5 times, she was so excited.
The room was cleaned everyday with new supplies for the bathroom. We did tip 3 times thru our stay.

We had a theme park view and I was very surprised how close the castle was compared to pictures online. We stayed in room 4845 and I did online checking the day before. We were at AK when I received the text at 1:20pm that our room was ready. (Also, my son got a text that a delivery of water was delivered to bell services from Prime. He ordered 4 cases of water and we finished 3 1/2 during our stay…. We all drink a lot of water!!). We took the bus back to CR to freshen up and got to rest for a few hours because we got up at 3AM for our 7AM flight.
Then it was back to AK.

I bought Genie+ before we left and it worked out well. However, I ended up buying A LOT of LL’s, no standing in long lines in that heat! It was well worth it for us everyday. DS and DIL set their alarm everyday for 6:50am and they got all the big rides for us and some we did twice with LL. We never did rope drop because we all didn’t want to do it.
Only one ride DH and I didn’t do was Galaxy of the Guardian’s because we were afraid of getting nauseous. The kids loved it as did my 6 year old granddaughter!

We had two rest days for the pool and I had ordered cabanas for that. They were very nice and it was nice splurge.

So that’s about it , even with heat it was a great time!

Who is better equipped to deal with an undelivered resort-linked magic band+ order (which appears likely for our upcoming trip) - the atrium club level staff or the main front desk?

Who is better equipped to deal with an undelivered resort-linked magic band+ order (which appears likely for our upcoming trip) - the atrium club level staff or the main front desk?

I guess it depends on what you mean by “deal with” - but I’d lean Atrium Club, more likely to get some sort of action with them IMO.

How close are you cutting it?

I guess it depends on what you mean by “deal with” - but I’d lean Atrium Club, more likely to get some sort of action with them IMO.

How close are you cutting it?
Ordered 7/27, but slim to no chance they arrive before we leave. The kicker is that we’re headed to PB CL for a few days first, so they technically may arrive before our WDW check-in. I think a refund or gift card to buy new bands would be fair…we shall see!

Ordered 7/27, but slim to no chance they arrive before we leave. The kicker is that we’re headed to PB CL for a few days first, so they technically may arrive before our WDW check-in. I think a refund or gift card to buy new bands would be fair…we shall see!

Well good luck! I had some arrive recently. I’m an idiot and ordered without actually reading anything about them, just got caught up in the hype. And now I see you have to charge them. I have zero room for more charging cables and devices in my life!

Well good luck! I had some arrive recently. I’m an idiot and ordered without actually reading anything about them, just got caught up in the hype. And now I see you have to charge them. I have zero room for more charging cables and devices in my life!
The things we do for haptics…

When is your stay? I ordered on the 27th too. our first day is Sept 4th, Ours shipped on the 19th. Arrived at our city distribution center at midnight. I expect to get it tomorrow or Saturday. So 7-8 days from shipping notification. Good luck!

I did too! Somehow I thought they did more than they actually do. We rarely watch the fireworks shows & when we do, it’s usually from somewhere else, like our resort balcony. And no interest in the Galaxy’s Edge games. So I guess I’m left with it lighting up with the gold statues (sometimes). I’ll probably wear it once or twice & revert to my other bands. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
I posted in the restaurant forum, but this may be a better place for my question. Any recent experiences here getting on the standby list for breakfast at Steakhouse 71? And is it possible to join virtually from the garden wing or do we need to be in the tower to join?

Second question, what has been your recent experiences making room requests for standard view rooms in the Garden Wing? I’m unable to upgrade the view because it’s a conference rate, and only available with standard view. We know we may wind up with one of the “wall-view” rooms, but would prefer one of the ones that face the parking lot. I don’t even know how to phrase the request (room not facing the wall of the building?). The touringplans descriptions for the wall and the parking lot view rooms are the same, (garden building facing west), so I don’t think that will work.

I posted in the restaurant forum, but this may be a better place for my question. Any recent experiences here getting on the standby list for breakfast at Steakhouse 71? And is it possible to join virtually from the garden wing or do we need to be in the tower to join?

Second question, what has been your recent experiences making room requests for standard view rooms in the Garden Wing? I’m unable to upgrade the view because it’s a conference rate, and only available with standard view. We know we may wind up with one of the “wall-view” rooms, but would prefer one of the ones that face the parking lot. I don’t even know how to phrase the request (room not facing the wall of the building?). The touringplans descriptions for the wall and the parking lot view rooms are the same, (garden building facing west), so I don’t think that will work.
When we had a std garden for one night I used the phrase “as close to main tower/lobby as possible” we finally got a room in that first section of the garden tower and it faced the parking lot and the monorail as it entered the back of the resort. We were on third floor almost in a corner, so there was also a tree right outside which shielded the view nicely. We can’t remember the room number. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter