Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry, one last question about the provided shampoo and conditioner...
Do they provide both? And are they separate? Or a combined shampoo/conditioner?
(Wondering if I should bring some conditioner in a portable container - doing carry on only so hoping to avoid)

Anyone done Early Entry at Magic Kingdom? If so, what time should we leave to walk over? Magic Kingdom opens at 9am on our day so early entry is at 8:30am.
Thanks. I have no concept of how long it takes to walk over, go through gates, etc

It only takes 10-15 minutes to walk to MK and the walkway has security check so you miss the big line. You do have to scan into the park though. I have no clue how long it takes. We never do early entry or rope drop.

Anyone done Early Entry at Magic Kingdom? If so, what time should we leave to walk over? Magic Kingdom opens at 9am on our day so early entry is at 8:30am.
Thanks. I have no concept of how long it takes to walk over, go through gates, etc
You could leave around 8:10 and have time to get through security and tape-styles. Dd likes to grab the Starbucks in MK so we often head over at 8a. She grabs coffee, I get in line for SM. She meets me when she’s got it which is usually close to 8:30. That SB Line is long!

If going for SDMT then add a few minutes to get in line earlier.

It only takes 10-15 minutes to walk to MK and the walkway has security check so you miss the big line. You do have to scan into the park though. I have no clue how long it takes. We never do early entry or rope drop.
Thanks. Love that we can walk there.

You could leave around 8:10 and have time to get through security and tape-styles. Dd likes to grab the Starbucks in MK so we often head over at 8a. She grabs coffee, I get in line for SM. She meets me when she’s got it which is usually close to 8:30. That SB Line is long!

If going for SDMT then add a few minutes to get in line earlier.
Thank you! Good idea to have someone go and grab something while others go in line. We're also looking at going to Space Mountain.

On a different note, they let you in prior to 8:30am?

Thanks. Love that we can walk there.

Thank you! Good idea to have someone go and grab something while others go in line. We're also looking at going to Space Mountain.

On a different note, they let you in prior to 8:30am?
They let you in . You can go to the hub in front of the castle. People line up for SM , buzz etc on 1sr bridge to the right. Cm’s have a rope and hold you until open.

If you are a Disney resort guest they have a pre-line where they tap your mb for verification. That’s usually just off the hub on a walkway.

Same for SDMT just next bridge back. Then at 8:30 cm’s walk us to rides. So if you can get your food quick you have time to meet up before the chaos hits lol.

Good idea to have someone go and grab something while others go in line.

As long as it's ONE doing the grabbing and THE REST in line. Technically I don't think even one is supposed to do it, but people do and it's much better if it's just one doing the shove through the line than one person holding a spot and 3-4 doing the line shove.

As long as it's ONE doing the grabbing and THE REST in line. Technically I don't think even one is supposed to do it, but people do and it's much better if it's just one doing the shove through the line than one person holding a spot and 3-4 doing the line shove.
It’s still a mass crowd and not really a line while waiting for the cm’s to remove rope. Not in a ride line yet.

However I agree most should wait and fewer grab food.

They let you in . You can go to the hub in front of the castle. People line up for SM , buzz etc on 1sr bridge to the right. Cm’s have a rope and hold you until open.

If you are a Disney resort guest they have a pre-line where they tap your mb for verification. That’s usually just off the hub on a walkway.

Same for SDMT just next bridge back. Then at 8:30 cm’s walk us to rides. So if you can get your food quick you have time to meet up before the chaos hits lol.
Thanks for explaining. So thinking then that we will leave Contemporary maybe closer to 8am if they let you in and you wait at a roped off area.

Our plan is to grab something quick at one of the Contemporary places but sounds like it worked for the poster, and was just one person so good to know.

It’s still a mass crowd and not really a line while waiting for the cm’s to remove rope. Not in a ride line yet.

However I agree most should wait and fewer grab food.

Gotcha. I thought you were in the line proper at that point.

I see there’s a parking lot right by the garden wing - are guests allowed to park there/is it a guest lot? Seems like it would be really convenient if so!

I see there’s a parking lot right by the garden wing - are guests allowed to park there/is it a guest lot? Seems like it would be really convenient if so!
Yes, if you are a registered guest at the Contemporary, you are allowed to park in the lot in front of the garden wing.

Yes, if you are a registered guest at the Contemporary, you are allowed to park in the lot in front of the garden wing.
Yes! We have a garden wing room so I would assume that would be very convenient! If we do online check in can we just go park there and head to our room with our luggage?

Yes! We have a garden wing room so I would assume that would be very convenient! If we do online check in can we just go park there and head to our room with our luggage?
Yes, that should work. Once you pass the security checkpoint, turn right at next road and follow it all the way around the Tower building and then behind the convention center. Often that parking lot is not very full as people don't know how to drive around to the garden wing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter