Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting this again to see if anyone has any info on this! Thank You!

Anyone know if CBR is impacted by the cheer competitions? Looking to book a trip the end of April, beginning of May but have recently found out there will be cheer competitions that first weekend in May. We were going to stay at POP or one of the All Star resorts, but now thinking of spending the extra money to avoid the cheerleaders. So I was wondering if CBR is another resort they will stay? Also, what is theor impact on the parks? TIA! :-)

Reposting this again to see if anyone has any info on this! Thank You!

Anyone know if CBR is impacted by the cheer competitions? Looking to book a trip the end of April, beginning of May but have recently found out there will be cheer competitions that first weekend in May. We were going to stay at POP or one of the All Star resorts, but now thinking of spending the extra money to avoid the cheerleaders. So I was wondering if CBR is another resort they will stay? Also, what is theor impact on the parks? TIA! :-)

Never been during the April/May cheer competitions, but have been to WDW during the Dec Pop Warner/Cheer time...and the impact on the parks was negligable...while at ASMv there was a bit larger crowds in the food court...and occasionally the buses had a group of kids wearing matching shirts with their coach on them...but they generally all acted like every other preteen/teen at Disney...excited, goofy, but I wouldn't say they were ill behaved at all, maybe better than some others.

But doing a little googleing just to answer your question (hey, we are all in this thread together :) ), CBR is one of the options for their special packages, along with POP and the All Stars.

So if you want to avoid them at the resorts, I would suggest POR or POFQ, but realize, there might be teams booking those on their own. And while this is a CBR thread, I do love both of those resorts as well.

did you contact a CM about the smokers?

Yes, I contacted a CM to have our room changed, told them why, and I sent a letter to the manager after we returned home. I got a reply from guest services and it will be forwarded on to him. Also filled out a survey. On our last day there was a security officer walking around our second floor balcony. I hope she saw the cup full of butts outside a room 2 doors down.

We were told it was a "Garden View" so beware that a garden view can be 1 plant in a courtyard designated as smoking.

It really is a beautiful resort and sad that people have to foul it with smoke and throwing butts where ever they please.

I did on line check in and clicked the option to check in as early as possible and be notified via text when the room is ready. Our flight lands at noon, is there a chance I will get a text before 3 or does this only apply to rooms being checked into after 3pm?

You have to physically check-in, and then if your room is not ready yet, they will notify you via text when it is ready. It's not automatic.

Anyone know what time the lifeguards go off duty at the main pool and hot tubs? I'm assuming they are still closing the hot tubs down when the lifeguards are done, correct?

Hi Everyone,
We will be at CBR soon - checking in on Dec 5th :banana: but I have a room question I'm hoping to get advice on. My room selection is 'Preferred' only because that's all that was available for our dates but given that those won't be refurbished by the time we arrive I'd really rather have a standard room that is refurbished.

I've already done my online check-in (2nd floor & water view). I had considered selecting Jamaica and Aruba, but thought that might confuse the system or whoever is assigning the rooms and we might not get any requests. To add to the complication, I've requested a 'VIP clean' of our room because my youngest has bad allergies and we travel with her breathing machine.

Should I just leave it alone at this point and ask what's available at check-in? But I assume they would already have our room selected before we arrive if we've asked for the 'VIP clean'.... :confused3

TIA!

I can't believe this time tomorrow my mom and I will be in Disney!!! So excited and wondering how I am still at work and being functional right now (well not too functional if I am on the DIS boards!)

Thanks to everyone for the advice! Hope we get our requests and I'll be happy to answer any questions for anyone while I'm there or when I get back!

:dance3::yay::yay::yay::banana::banana::cheer2:

Hello again gang! Home now but still on the post-Disney high.Slowly wearing off though as reality comes crashing in. Just wanted to offer some pics of our room & the resort that i Took, including a shot of the available storage in the bathrooms in a renovated King-room.

Jacqueline, please do post your room pictures. I'll be sure to post them to the info pages!

Hi Everyone,
We will be at CBR soon - checking in on Dec 5th :banana: but I have a room question I'm hoping to get advice on. My room selection is 'Preferred' only because that's all that was available for our dates but given that those won't be refurbished by the time we arrive I'd really rather have a standard room that is refurbished.

I've already done my online check-in (2nd floor & water view). I had considered selecting Jamaica and Aruba, but thought that might confuse the system or whoever is assigning the rooms and we might not get any requests. To add to the complication, I've requested a 'VIP clean' of our room because my youngest has bad allergies and we travel with her breathing machine.

Should I just leave it alone at this point and ask what's available at check-in? But I assume they would already have our room selected before we arrive if we've asked for the 'VIP clean'.... :confused3

TIA!

You still have some time before you arrive so my suggestion would be to call Disney Travel ASAP and explain the situation to them. There may possibly be a standard room available and you could switch. If there is another room available, you would then make sure that the VIP cleaning could still be done prior to your arrival.

Hi Everyone,

Was it part of a special deal? If so they may not have any standard rooms to give you at your special deal...certain numbers of rooms at each level for each deal...

but if it was just a regular booking, it might work...I would try calling ahead, not leaving it to arrival chances are better if they are pre-informed of your wishes. And I would be honest with them, let them know the reason is you want a refurb room.

I'll cross my fingers, but won't hold my breath.

I see Lisa is around...will sit back and watch, let the expert handle things...less chance of me giving out wrong advice :)

Morning ya'll! I've updated the Beach Bum Roll Call. If I missed anybody, please bring it to my attention and I'll add you. For any of you who are just back or going soon, would you mind posting how the refurb is going. I'd like to keep the first page updated. Thanks!

Anyone know what time the lifeguards go off duty at the main pool and hot tubs? I'm assuming they are still closing the hot tubs down when the lifeguards are done, correct?

It's supposed to be 11pm for all the main resort pools and they kick everyone out at that time.

It's supposed to be 11pm for all the main resort pools and they kick everyone out at that time.

So I am assuming that both hot tubs are in the main pool area, and there is a fence around it to prevent you from using it? That totally sucks, we don't get back from the parks until late, and I was looking forward to the hot tub when we got back. :(

Never been during the April/May cheer competitions, but have been to WDW during the Dec Pop Warner/Cheer time...and the impact on the parks was negligable...while at ASMv there was a bit larger crowds in the food court...and occasionally the buses had a group of kids wearing matching shirts with their coach on them...but they generally all acted like every other preteen/teen at Disney...excited, goofy, but I wouldn't say they were ill behaved at all, maybe better than some others.

But doing a little googleing just to answer your question (hey, we are all in this thread together :) ), CBR is one of the options for their special packages, along with POP and the All Stars.

So if you want to avoid them at the resorts, I would suggest POR or POFQ, but realize, there might be teams booking those on their own. And while this is a CBR thread, I do love both of those resorts as well.

Thanks for the info! If I do decide to go with a moderate resort I will definitely still do CBR! I just love this resort! It's big enough anyway so I'm sure it will be okay! :-)

Thanks for the info! If I do decide to go with a moderate resort I will definitely still do CBR! I just love this resort! It's big enough anyway so I'm sure it will be okay! :-)

Sorry that I missed your earlier post. We have been at the resort when the baseball players/teams were there. They had them all in one village so it really didn't disrupt the resort too much. I know that Kathy's son's team stayed at the CBR and that's the same thing that they did....stayed in one village. I would assume that the same would apply to the cheer groups.

I'm gonna find all my resort pics & upload them to Photobucket soon Lisa. BUT we came home to what we thought would be a resolved "issue" and last night we walked in to find that the main living area now stinks as well :furious: So off i go to do more major cleaning to gain access to more walls that need to be ripped down!!!

Nah, not fair to tease you here's a couple
2 shots of room before we "destroyed" it

Space under/around sinks.

Space around/above clothes hangy-spot. (take particular note of the 4 ponchos that NEVER got worn & the sunscreen that we emptied!

2 of the views we had out of our windows (yupper corner room!)

I'll post more later.

My family will be at CBR on december 12th we are going for my sons birthday i stayed at cbr in 1995 or so when we went in 2010 we stayed a pop i cant wait for my family to see the diffrence.Does anyone know if we had it marked on are reservation that its my sons birthday will they do anything special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter