Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What # did you call about being away from smoking areas? I tried to do the same thing earlier this week and got transferred 2x with no end result.

I called the Disney reservation # (danged if i know where all that stuff is right now it's in a box for scrap-booking) and asked for it to be put on my reservation. When we checked in I asked if it had been added and was told that it was there. I didn't try to call the resort itself. Hope you have the same luck we did :thumbsup2

Another question. One person going with us is a coffee person (blech!). I think I read that there is powered creamer in the room. At the food court, are their the individual liquid ones, or is there a giant pitcher you just pour what you need? She wants individual liquid ones, so we were just going to grab a handful and put them in the fridge. Thanks!

Another question. One person going with us is a coffee person (blech!). I think I read that there is powered creamer in the room. At the food court, are their the individual liquid ones, or is there a giant pitcher you just pour what you need? She wants individual liquid ones, so we were just going to grab a handful and put them in the fridge. Thanks!

Individual liquid ones are available at the food court. We always grabbed a few of them and kept them in our fridge. I have tea every morning, and the creamers were great to have instead of the yucky powdered stuff in the rooms.

Individual liquid ones are available at the food court. We always grabbed a few of them and kept them in our fridge. I have tea every morning, and the creamers were great to have instead of the yucky powdered stuff in the rooms.

On the subject of coffee creamers, are they the flavored kind? If not, I'll just pack some of my own, but one less thing to worry about if they've already got them there :-)

Are the in-room safes big enough to fit an iPad Air? I brought my laptop last year and I remember it was too big for the safe at POR, but can't remember if it was big enough for a full-size iPad. Thanks!

On the subject of coffee creamers, are they the flavored kind? If not, I'll just pack some of my own, but one less thing to worry about if they've already got them there :-)

No, they weren't flavoured.

Just bought our plane tickets for July!!!!!! I can't wait. Now we are researching the different resorts and awaiting the discounts to come out. I have stayed at many of the different resorts. I stayed at CBR in 2000 and loved it. A few years ago, we stayed at YC and loved that as well. Last time we went, we stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms in Art of Animation and my girls had a blast. So I'm looking to stay at the CBR again in July. My question is, how long of a walk is the standard rooms from OPR. The Little Mermaid rooms were a 5-10 min walk from the main building at Art of Animation, and that was bearable. Do you feel safe walking around the resort at night? Was it well lit?
We stayed at Art of Animation in July and the pool was crowded, but it was fine and we were never annoyed by it. Do you think the main pool at CBR gets too overly crowded? The rooms will all be finished by the time I go in July, do you think they will still be offering discounts? I'm hoping it doesn't become so popular that they stop the discounts like they did with the Little Mermaid rooms. Sorry for all the questions. I'm super excited to plan this trip.
We were there July 2nd to 23rd this year and the main pool was never too crowded. Quiet pools too were very quiet with just a few families in. Also the resort is well lit and feels very safe. we were in Martinique 23 and this was approximately 5 minutes from OPR, we thought the location was great for a standard room but also walked to all of the other buildings and none seemed too far from main pool and OPR. We all LOVED CBR and can't wait to be back next year. Enjoy !

Are the in-room safes big enough to fit an iPad Air? I brought my laptop last year and I remember it was too big for the safe at POR, but can't remember if it was big enough for a full-size iPad. Thanks!

The old safes were large enough for me to fit two iPads in there. I don't believe the safes were changed but someone else may know better.

Lisa, can I kindly request an edit on the Roll Call.

I believe your fingers were over the wrong keys when you were typing so that stayhomemom77 appeared as statginenin66! :rotfl2:

Unless there really IS a statginenin66 going to CBR during our dates. And if that is the case...I humbly apologize! :worship:

Lisa, can I kindly request an edit on the Roll Call.

I believe your fingers were over the wrong keys when you were typing so that stayhomemom77 appeared as statginenin66! :rotfl2:

Unless there really IS a statginenin66 going to CBR during our dates. And if that is the case...I humbly apologize! :worship:

That is HILARIOUS! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I must have done exactly as you said and put my fingers on the wrong keys. I've been known to do that before especially after a long day of typing at work. ;) I'll go change it now. Sorry!

I have a standard room booked for 12/6 - 12/13 is safe to assume my chances of getting a renovated room are good???

Not flavoured BUT they do sell a larger container of French Vanilla Coffeemate (some other flavour as well) in the gift shop .. it's in the fridge by the cash at the back of the store. Hubby used that for his coffee in the room and was a very happy camper!

We have a 2-night reservation for a standard room at CBR for Nov 28-29 prior to a cruise. We have never stayed at CBR before. When I did the on-line check in I selected 1) first floor room, and 2) near transportation. Can someone please let me know the buildings or locations that you think we might be put in?

Also...this thread is great! I have learned a lot about the resort by just reading through a few pages.

THANKS

Not sure how large that is BUT the safe was large enough for our passports, extra cash and a couple of tablets. Hubby brought his work laptop and when we wanted to be sure it was "safe" (on the days we had the room cleaned) we took it to bell services and asked them to put it in "the cage".

We have a 2-night reservation for a standard room at CBR for Nov 28-29 prior to a cruise. We have never stayed at CBR before. When I did the on-line check in I selected 1) first floor room, and 2) near transportation. Can someone please let me know the buildings or locations that you think we might be put in?

Also...this thread is great! I have learned a lot about the resort by just reading through a few pages.

THANKS

Could be any one of several buildings in Jamiaca, Aruba, Barbados, and even a couple buildings in Martinique...since each "island" has its own bus stop. So there are many buildings "close to transportation"

Look at the map on the first page and you will see the bus stops marked, looks like three buildings per island would fit the "close" definition

That is HILARIOUS! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I must have done exactly as you said and put my fingers on the wrong keys. I've been known to do that before especially after a long day of typing at work. ;) I'll go change it now. Sorry!

Yes, I got quite a laugh out of it! Gave me a bit of the sillies, if I'm being completely honest! Thanks for the edit!! :thumbsup2

I just got back from CBR on Tuesday and I must say I loved my trip! We stayed in Aruba in one of the refurbished rooms and it was simply perfect! Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the refurbs.

Our safe was big enough for my ipad and extra money.

Hi all!

My mom and I have arrived at CBR this morning and were lucky to have our room ready when we checked in at 10am :)

I sent my fax in on Monday and was placed in an Aruba room as requested :) Everything is neat, clean, and was done wonderfully.

Feel free to ask any questions while I'm here and I'll do my best to answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter