Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the entire resort won't be just suites? I was thinking there would be a certain number of rooms and then a certain number of suites. I probably wouldn't mind staying in a value resort if they'd just put a cover on the bus loading areas.

I thought the whole thing was supposed to be just suites too.

I'm excited about trying a new Disney resort. The Inovabeds ( http://www.inovallc.com/ ) sound like a great addition to these rooms. I didn't mind sleeping on the queen sofa in ASMusic's family suites, but these look more comfortable. They look really similar to the murphy bed in our suite at the Contemporary.

thanks for the link! what a great idea. (kinda like campers) a table during the day, a bed at night.(tired of eating on the bed;))

I'm excited for more, affordable family suites! I don't quite understand why they keep choosing Cars theming for things instead of one of the more popular Pixar movies, though. Still, I would love to stay in a Lion King room!

I am thrilled about the CARS theme!! It's about time Disney realized that everyone doesn't have ONLY GIRLS!!!(and charging extra for a pirate themed room out in the boonies at CBR doesn't count)

also great that it sleep 6, not just 5. the music suites doesn't help many families. this also helps families with 2 kids and grandma and grandpa (me and hubby!)

I admit, I was disappointed they weren't going through with the "legendary" years. I was looking forward to see what they did with that. but I reluctantly admit that the theming would be lost on kids. (heck, the theming would be lost on MY kids, who are 31 and 28)

but it looks like a GREAT choice of a resort to bring our 5 year old grandson!! (and I think they WILL keep the 2 resorts joined with the bridge, at least they SHOULD) so, like the all star resorts, you could use the pools and food courts and bus stops and mugs at either one. I don't think the buses would be a big problem.

let's see: we could book one suite for hubby and I and the grandkids. and the adjoining one for our 2 sons and the wives. and 4 bathrooms!
(does anyone else think hubby would have a problem with this idea? tee hee :rotfl:)

hubby and 2 sons would be watching "march madness" basketball in one room. 2 DILs and I and the kids would be watching cartoons in the other room.:rotfl:

I was and still kinda am eager to read about this and maybe stay there.

But we couldn't care less about Cars, so that's out. And Disney ALREADY HAS NEMO ROOMS!!! They went and ruined the CBR by turning all the rooms into catoony Nemo rooms, so why we need more Nemo, I'm just not sure.

With any luck, they'll return CBR to cute rooms (no clashing drapes, no cartoons) and leave Nemo for this new place.

Wish they'd included Beauty/Beast, but will take Ariel and Lion King. :)

Why no Mickey/Minnie rooms? I just don't know...

I was and still kinda am eager to read about this and maybe stay there.

But we couldn't care less about Cars, so that's out. And Disney ALREADY HAS NEMO ROOMS!!! They went and ruined the CBR by turning all the rooms into catoony Nemo rooms, so why we need more Nemo, I'm just not sure.

With any luck, they'll return CBR to cute rooms (no clashing drapes, no cartoons) and leave Nemo for this new place.

Wish they'd included Beauty/Beast, but will take Ariel and Lion King. :)

Why no Mickey/Minnie rooms? I just don't know...

as I stated earlier, I think it's Great that they are thinking of BOYS a little bit more, and including CARS. everything is so GIRL orientated. (and you shouldn't have to pay EXTRA to get a room themed for boys)

but, I agree that CBR should have stayed away from animation themes, and just kept to a caribbean theme, leave the cartoons for the values. but, if you're going to switch to more child-orientated themes, pirates shouldn't cost more than nemo.

I think many parents of boys agree that it's about time disney recognized boys, as well as girls. once boys get beyond age 6 or 7, disney doesn't cater much to them. (LOVE the car stunt show!)

I also agree about the "classic" characters..mickey, minnie, donald, etc.

boys would also like more about the incredibles. sometimes it seems like the poor boys are just "along for the ride" for little sister's "princess" experience.(OR "fairy: experience)

I am really excited about this resort as well and completely agree that it is about time we got some boy oriented rooms!!!:worship:! My son is only 2, but his favorite movie is Cars, and many other boys his age and older love the movie!!!! He also loves Monster's Inc. and Finding Nemo, so 2 out of 3 of his favorite movies will be covered!:cool1:

Just a thought, but the second Cars movie is set to release sometime in 2012 I believe...this is probably another reason they decided to do Car's themed rooms as well. Got to love Disney marketing!!!:thumbsup2

There is to be about 89 standard rooms and then the rest as suites that can sleep 6 --- Please read first page posting number 2. Hope this helps.

Thank you I will be posting more informations as it comes available.

Your typo of 89 standard rooms scared me! I thought " I'll never be able to book one of them!" I checked the first page and found out that there are 864 not 89.

I thought there was suppose to be 864 standard rooms and they are all in the Little Mermaid section. The other 1120 rooms are family suites.

Your typo of 89 standard rooms scared me! I thought " I'll never be able to book one of them!" I checked the first page and found out that there are 864 not 89.

I thought there was suppose to be 864 standard rooms and they are all in the Little Mermaid section. The other 1120 rooms are family suites.

That's what I thought as well.

I'm hoping we can stay here July 2012 when we're in the area for a conference. (Fingers crossed)

I am sorry for the typo Thanks for looking on page one, It was a very long night last night.

I am sorry for the typo Thanks for looking on page one, It was a very long night last night.

No problem. It did scare me at first though! We are a family of 3 so we'd only be interested in a standard room. I do wish they were spreading the standard rooms into the other areas. We love Little Mermaid but I am sure there are families of 4 or less that would prefer another theme.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I'm kind of bummed that they won't be finishing the POP :( Family suites don't fit our family of 7....so we have to get two rooms anyway. We love the POP so much that I was really looking forward to seeing the connecting hotel when it finished....sadly that will never be now. I do hope they revamp the current POP to be the whole century though....kind of silly if they don't. Sharing buses doesn't seem like a great deal either...unless they get more buses in service. Right now they are pretty packed....so I'd hate to think of how they'll be when sharing with another resort of POPs size.

You're not alone. My daughter was so bummed that they never finished that resort. We go over there(we're locals) from time to time so she can look over the bridge and dream. She is only 16 but she LOVES(as in obssessed) the golden era. Funny that your name is the Rat Pack as this is the biggest reason she loves the era.

I can't really seeing them do such a major renovation as incorporating the early years but we can dream,eh? To pour even more salt in her wound, she is an awesome artist(hopes to work for Pixar someday) so you would think would love the new theme, but when they announced the 4 movies being showcased, once again it had to be CARS. She hates Cars, only because she feels it is very over saturated and Pixar has so many other movies that never get to share the spotlight. Her favorite Wall-E is barely ever even spoken over at Disney and she thinks he deserves his own wing! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!