Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there in late May for 9 nights! Very excited. My daughter will be 11...any thoughts on activities around the resort that would be interesting for that age? Do they still do cookie decorating or egg painting?

Hey all- DH and I will be staying at both Kidani and Jambo May 22-25 1 bedroom Savannah View. We are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary and thought it would be great to spend our first solo vacation, last one was 12 years ago at our home resort. We will be spending one day at AK park. I am looking for suggestions of things to do at the resort besides swimming. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hey! I got my room number texted to me (yay!) but I'm a little worried. It's a standard view, right in front, just above where cars drive up. Just below the club level lounge. I don't care about view, but I do care about noise. Will this be a very noisy location?

I could be way off, but I'm thinking that the thickness of the thatched roof will drown out most of the noise, not to mention that the sliders usually shut out the outside noise....

WDW2006087.jpg

WDW2006088.jpg

We will be at Kidani May 7-13! We have a 2 bed savannah view and will have a car - what should we request? I'm super excited for AKL, my kids love animals :)

what rooms on for AKL cl are best for viewing animals/ close to cl lounge? Going with a 2-1/2 year old and want great views from balcony of animals while also not having her to be far from lounge since lounge is on different floor.

I could be way off, but I'm thinking that the thickness of the thatched roof will drown out most of the noise, not to mention that the sliders usually shut out the outside noise....

Thanks! I figured I'd come back and update :)
The room was number 5102. I will say it was a very CONVENIENT location, basically step outside the elevators and the room is right there!
But from immediately outside the room you could hear the drumming and general commotion of the lobby. Inside the room, we went to the balcony and there is a large wall blocking the view of the porte cochere...so essentially you are almost completely enclosed.
I went down to the lobby and asked (nicely) if there were any alternatives available. The cast member was very nice and offered us a room with bunk beds (I had paid for just a standard 2 queen) which was great since my two sons were with me--they could have shared a queen bed, but they would be happier split into the bunk beds.
The room she offered us was way down almost on the very end of the 3rd floor Kudu trail, on the side that faces Kidani. While it wasn't a true "savanna view"--we DID see tons of animals from our balcony, which was awesome! It did also have a view of some kind of ugly fencing/building (not Kidani, but some type of supply or maintenance building?)--but since I only paid for a standard view, I can't complain.
It was a long hike from the lobby to our room, but it was also very quiet, which is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks! I figured I'd come back and update :)
The room was number 5102. I will say it was a very CONVENIENT location, basically step outside the elevators and the room is right there!
But from immediately outside the room you could hear the drumming and general commotion of the lobby. Inside the room, we went to the balcony and there is a large wall blocking the view of the porte cochere...so essentially you are almost completely enclosed.
I went down to the lobby and asked (nicely) if there were any alternatives available. The cast member was very nice and offered us a room with bunk beds (I had paid for just a standard 2 queen) which was great since my two sons were with me--they could have shared a queen bed, but they would be happier split into the bunk beds.
The room she offered us was way down almost on the very end of the 3rd floor Kudu trail, on the side that faces Kidani. While it wasn't a true "savanna view"--we DID see tons of animals from our balcony, which was awesome! It did also have a view of some kind of ugly fencing/building (not Kidani, but some type of supply or maintenance building?)--but since I only paid for a standard view, I can't complain.
It was a long hike from the lobby to our room, but it was also very quiet, which is exactly what I wanted.

What room number did u have with the bunk beds? We booked a standard in November and would really like the bunk beds too.

we had a great Value studio with pool view! 5028. just got back today. So depressed. We did enjoy the studio especially for the cost. We always love pool view and was glad to get one in a Value! The buses were good. Some days it stopped right at Jambo first and some days went to Kidani first. We did miss some food items from the trips years ago here at AKL. The chicken and the falafal pita type sandwiches were gone and also the chocolate long twisty type pastry in the mornings :( Cast members were great and the time by the pool was nice.

My wife and I had been talking about going over Thanksgiving and ended up booking AKL with a savanna view on a whim with the free dining promotion. We'll probably keep on eye out for other promotions that might be better but right now I'm really excited about going the Animal Kingdom Lodge, this will be our first time in that resort. We now have 2 visits booked, we might have a problem. :)

My wife and I had been talking about going over Thanksgiving and ended up booking AKL with a savanna view on a whim with the free dining promotion. We'll probably keep on eye out for other promotions that might be better but right now I'm really excited about going the Animal Kingdom Lodge, this will be our first time in that resort. We now have 2 visits booked, we might have a problem. :)

AKL discounts are about 30% so about 100 bucks off a night. You might want to check if it's a better value than free dining.

We just booked our first stay at AKL last night (9/23-9/30/17)! We are so excited, and we can't wait until September.

We're staying in a villas one bedroom club level in Jambo House. Are there any differences in the room locations?

I was just doing some reading on Trip Advisor and have a few questions...

Are the bathrooms really dark and tiny (not really a huge issue but curious)? Any problems with room service? Also saw some complaints about bed bugs, yikes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter