Disneyland's Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

DD was Jasmine for Halloween and the costume is in perfect condition. I wonder if I can bring the costume with me and just do the hair package?

You can totally do that!!!! I think I'm going to see if they can do a Jasmine do on me. :) DBF really likes Jasmine. LOL So, I think one day we will do BBB and another day I'll do face painting. :) I'm so excited for my bday trip!!!!

Ooh...it's gorgeous! I'm a FGiT at the WDW MK location, and I'm so jealous of the curtains over the mirrors! I wish we had that!

I may have to go get my hair done the next time I'm on the other coast. :)

Ooh...it's gorgeous! I'm a FGiT at the WDW MK location, and I'm so jealous of the curtains over the mirrors! I wish we had that!

I may have to go get my hair done the next time I'm on the other coast. :)

AngieBelle, I know you would LOVE it. It is so pretty, and when the curtains open you hear a springy twinkle sound - like magic.

I have a question. I have an appt for my daughter at 9am on a morning the park opens at 9am. Can you gain early entry to the park or since the appt is at park opening there is no early entry?

On Tues could you pretty pretty please ask them what sword and shield are included with the Knight's package? Pretty please? :goodvibes

Sure ~ if you'd like I'll pm you my cell # so you can call me while we're there in case I forget. Her appt. is @ 10am

I have a question. I have an appt for my daughter at 9am on a morning the park opens at 9am. Can you gain early entry to the park or since the appt is at park opening there is no early entry?

I was concerned about that too since we had an 8am appt and the park opened at 8. There is no early entry for it. Just be there for when the gates open and you'll be fine (they expect that when there's appts for first thing)
We ended up grabbing the monorail from DTD right at opening... drops you off in Tomorrowland and we walked right on over. It took no time at all.

WOW! Thank you so much for the pictures! It looks beautiful in there. I will definitely be popping in there to look around. I love the mirrors! I wish I had kids to take there! My BF will have to suffer through my "OHHHH AHHHHH" ;)

Does anyone know how the dresses differ from the ones sold in the Disney Stores? We were thinking of buying a dress online or on sale to save some money.

Also, how does the photo package work? Do you go to another room and have photos taken?

Thanks!

Word to the wise - Before moms make ressies - be SURE DD will be well rested!! My GF went tot he BBB in WDW & her DD had been in the parks all day, the only ressie was a late one. The poor girl was pooped & had a fit & hated everything - purely from fatigue & crankiness of course. The girls are getting their hair brushed into up-do's, not all little girls can stand the pain of that, LOL!! Just be ready.

Sort of sad DD is too old for this, she'll be 11 by the time we go this fall & she joked if she did get it done the other little girls would think she was a REAL princess & think she was a walking photo op. :lmao: DD is close to 5'2" & being taller tends to draw in the little girls (gym daycare, Chuck E Cheese, etc).

Now - If I could only find the imaginary spot where DS can be transformed into Wolverine....I'd be mom of the year. :thumbsup2

Now - If I could only find the imaginary spot where DS can be transformed into Wolverine....I'd be mom of the year. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

I'm sensing some serious hair gel (DS loves it when I use hubby's Got2Be spiky gel) and some gloves with little silver blunted spikes in your son's future. :)

Also, how does the photo package work? Do you go to another room and have photos taken?

There is a small photo studio in the back, separate from the salon/store. It's really quite cute. On one half, there's a grassy area with little animal figurines and a forest painted onto the wall. The other half has a small Cinderella style carriage. The carriage has curtains and the door opens so that pics can be taken of the child inside the carriage and peeking through the windows and such (without looking at our pics to double check, I believe the castle is painted on the wall behind it).

They did quite a few different poses with our DD and there were some lovely photos. From those, you get to pick your favourites to be printed out as your package.

Also, there is a Photopass person taking pics during the make-over process and these are accessible if/when you order your Photopass cd.

Thanks for that great info on the photos! That sounds like it might be worth the extra money.

Still wondering if anyone knows the difference between the dresses you can buy in the BBB in the parks and the dresses you can buy at the disney store or even at Target.

Thanks for the help!

There's probably someone out there who has better info on the dresses than I do, but what I remember is this:
The dresses in the boutique are the same that are available throughout the park. Apparently, they are more expensive than what you might find at the Disney Store or anywhere else for that matter.
I also remember reading that some felt that the Park dresses were "itchier" too. Many people do seem to bring in their own dress from outside the park to the make-over so it is not a problem to do that if you choose. I also recall some people saying that the Disney Store dresses were the "ballerina style" and the Disneyland ones were more the full gown type of thing.

For what it's worth, we did the full package at the boutique (buying the dress there too). We felt it was worth it for a couple of reasons. One is that DD now has a beautiful dress that's unlike all the other girls in her class (you wouldn't believe how many princesses there were on Halloween last year! LOL). The other is that she loved to go to the boutique and pick her dress and get her hair done... it was a whole experience for her rather than just the hair-do. She entered as herself and came out a "real princess" (according to her).

Word to the wise - Before moms make ressies - be SURE DD will be well rested!! My GF went tot he BBB in WDW & her DD had been in the parks all day, the only ressie was a late one. The poor girl was pooped & had a fit & hated everything - purely from fatigue & crankiness of course. The girls are getting their hair brushed into up-do's, not all little girls can stand the pain of that, LOL!! Just be ready.

Sort of sad DD is too old for this, she'll be 11 by the time we go this fall & she joked if she did get it done the other little girls would think she was a REAL princess & think she was a walking photo op. :lmao: DD is close to 5'2" & being taller tends to draw in the little girls (gym daycare, Chuck E Cheese, etc).

Ummm, I am turning 38 on our next trip and have plans to do this with DD9, DD12 and myself. For hair/makeup makeovers. I don't see why you DD wouldn't want to do it, my girls are very excited and neither of them are very girlie at all. :)

Ummm, I am turning 38 on our next trip and have plans to do this with DD9, DD12 and myself. For hair/makeup makeovers. I don't see why you DD wouldn't want to do it, my girls are very excited and neither of them are very girlie at all. :)

My DD did BBB at Disneyworld at ages 10 and 11 and LOVED it! She'll probably want to do it again at Disneyland and she'll be 12.

Just an FYI, I finally got thru today to Disney Dining (I've been trying off and on since last month) and made our ressies for WCT, NO problems doing so on a Monday afternoon, the 25th so I thought they might be booked because it's a holiday, so I'm super excited about that! And while I had the gal on the phone (Heather, she's super sweet!) I asked about BBB because I hadn't booked it yet either, well I got 3 appts for 9, 9:10 & 9:30, she said it wasn't a problem to do me and yes, it's all ages. :) We are doing the crown package I think she said it was, so it's just hair and shimmery make up and I think I'm probably more excited than the kids are! LOL DBF is going to roll his eyes at us but we will be so pretty!! I might even get us all tiaras before we go so we can wear crowns too! :) Heather did say that there are girls of all ages so even tho I may not see any other adults getting do's that they definitely do them regularly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!