Disneyland 10-day park tickets

sapphiresmiles

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow Australian Disney fans!

I'm heading to Disneyland in Jan 2020 for 6 days, and was researching park tickets, and have priced that the Flight Centre 10-day park hopper ticket is cheaper than purchasing a 5+1 day park ticket.
I have never used the Flight Centre tickets before and was wondering if anyone had, and they were willing to share their experience using them!

Also, they do not come with Maxpass. I haven't been to Disneyland since they have introduced Maxpass, but after being spoilt with WDW's mobile fastpass system, I feel like it's something I would prefer. Does anyone know if you are able to add Maxpass to the ticket at a ticket window once arriving at Disneyland (obviously for the additional $15pp a day fee).

Hopefully you guys can help me out!
Many thanks :)

We used these 10 day tickets in December 2017 with no issues at all. Flight center give you something that just looks like a letter that says you have paid for these tickets (which was disconcerting as I was expecting something that looked like a ticket). You take this letter to guest services at the front of the parks and they convert it into tickets.
They didn’t need have maxpass then so can’t answer that but I suspect you can just add it there when you get your tickets.

Highfields travel and cruise usually has the cheapest 10 day tickets, they’ll mail you a voucher which you exchange for the pass at the ticket window. I also believe you can add MaxPass at the ticket window but not sure of the cost. AP holders do only pay $100 for the whole year so I would assume it’s capped at that but I could be wrong.
I personally don’t like Flight Centre, too many issues in the past, so I won’t use them on principle. If it’s just tickets and they’re cheaper though, then why not.
You may not need MaxPass for the entire 6 days, you can add it one day at a time after you go through the turnstiles via the Disneyland app if you prefer. Just attach your CC details to the app.
All the best.

I'm heading to Disneyland in Jan 2020 for 6 days, and was researching park tickets, and have priced that the Flight Centre 10-day park hopper ticket is cheaper than purchasing a 5+1 day park ticket.
I have never used the Flight Centre tickets before and was wondering if anyone had, and they were willing to share their experience using them!

Also, they do not come with Maxpass. I haven't been to Disneyland since they have introduced Maxpass, but after being spoilt with WDW's mobile fastpass system, I feel like it's something I would prefer. Does anyone know if you are able to add Maxpass to the ticket at a ticket window once arriving at Disneyland (obviously for the additional $15pp a day fee).

Just out of curioisity - which days in January?

We will be there from the 12th, until the 19th. Was just wondering if we would be there at the same time and could share tips on crowd levels, etc etc

We will be there from the 12th, until the 19th. Was just wondering if we would be there at the same time and could share tips on crowd levels, etc etc
Ah! Have you used crowd calendars? I always check those [I recommend this one]. I umed and ahhed about the timing of our trip. Unfortunately, due to other factors, Jan was the only time of year we could go, and I want to experience the Christmas decorations and attraction overlays, which is why we're going when we are.
Regardless of crowds, with your planned amount of days, you will have ample time to experience everything you want to, with sufficient time to experience everything multiple times, even with younger kids.

But happy to chat in more detail if you want to discuss anything :)

Thanks for that. I know we'll get everything in, but my kids love Fantasyland, and with no fastpasses there I was hoping we'd be avoiding long waits. Not much I can do, I guess so no point worrying about it until we get there.

Are you travelling with young kids?

Thanks for that. I know we'll get everything in, but my kids love Fantasyland, and with no fastpasses there I was hoping we'd be avoiding long waits. Not much I can do, I guess so no point worrying about it until we get there.

Are you travelling with young kids?
Have you been to Disneyland before? Or is this your first time? In my experience, the Fantasyland rides have the shortest waits at rope drop, or at the end of the night, as this is when most people go to the more “intense” rides. I’ve never experienced Disney with kids, but I would recommend https://www.mkmamas.com/, they have lots of information on Disneyland with kids, and information that you might find really useful!

No kids. I’m taking my boyfriend for his first Disney trip. Which is very exciting!

This is my fourth trip. One with my family when I was a kid (1995), one with my wife on our honeymoon (2009) and last year with our kids.

We'll be staying in the GCH, so hoping to make use of some of those EMH's. But my eldest (7) looooves her sleep. As in dragging her out of bed after 12 hous, kind of sleep. So I'm not sure how many of those EMH's we will get to use.

This is my fourth trip. One with my family when I was a kid (1995), one with my wife on our honeymoon (2009) and last year with our kids.

We'll be staying in the GCH, so hoping to make use of some of those EMH's. But my eldest (7) looooves her sleep. As in dragging her out of bed after 12 hous, kind of sleep. So I'm not sure how many of those EMH's we will get to use.
I’d bribe her with getting out of bed early in exchange for shorter lines, and the possibility of a mod-afternoon nap

I’d bribe her with getting out of bed early in exchange for shorter lines, and the possibility of a mod-afternoon nap

Oh there will be bribery. Short lines and Mickey waffles. I'm thinking early starts and early to bed might be best bet for us for this trip, to make the most of those early hours.

I've actually never had them (shocking I know). Will have to correct that, this trip.

Do you and your boyfriend head there often?

Maybe bribing DD7 with a couple of Character breakfasts at Storytellers and Goofy’s kitchen may do the trick. Mickey Waffles plus Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip n Dale, Pluto etc. Works for me and I ain’t no morning person either :) Then off to Fantasyland for EMH.
I’ll be gone from DL by the 27th Dec, not spending as much time there as originally planned but I’ll be back in LA from Jan 3rd to the 7th so I’ll wave in your direction Sapphiresmiles.
Version 6, hope you get to ride ROTR while you’re there.
All the best.

Maybe bribing DD7 with a couple of Character breakfasts at Storytellers and Goofy’s kitchen may do the trick. Mickey Waffles plus Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip n Dale, Pluto etc. Works for me and I ain’t no morning person either :) Then off to Fantasyland for EMH.
I’ll be gone from DL by the 27th Dec, not spending as much time there as originally planned but I’ll be back in LA from Jan 3rd to the 7th so I’ll wave in your direction Sapphiresmiles.
Version 6, hope you get to ride ROTR while you’re there.
All the best.

There's no way I'll get DD7 up in time for a character breakfast before EMH. She's also getting to the age now where she thinks she's too cool for the characters (although I know secretly deep down, she still loves it).

Definitely looking forward to ROTR. Have seen rumours on other sites of it getting pushed back. I really hope not.

We are heading to LA again after Disney. Staying in Santa Monica for 2 nights. Don't really have any plans yet, other than the pier and some shopping. What are your plans in LA?

Yep, I can’t relate to the difficulties of visiting with kids, I just borrow my nephews and nieces from my sister and close friends occasionally and they’ll do anything for their “fun Uncle” :)
As for LA, been a while since I’ve specifically spent time there so after Disney it’s a 7 night loop to Monterey and back via Santa Barbara, Ragged Point, Big Sur and back down the 101 to Pismo Beach. Then in LA my list includes the Grove, Farmers Market, La Brea Tarpits, Beverley Centre, Hollywood and Highland Mall, Santa Monica, Griffith Observatory and Park, Citadel Outlets, California Science Centre, Lake Hollywood Park, Universal VIP, Citiwalk, Koreatown, Olvera St, Beverley Hills window shopping and dreaming, Peterson Automotive Museum, Getty Villa, Marina Del Ray and Manhattan Beach. We may miss some things here and there but better to have too much planned and be prepared to miss something than not enough. Staying in Beverly Grove.
All the best.

I've actually never had them (shocking I know). Will have to correct that, this trip.

Do you and your boyfriend head there often?
I've been going to Disneyland for years now - but this is the first time he's going to be experiencing Disney.

I bought the 10 day pass through Flight Centre and had no issues. I couldn't take it to the front gates though. I had to take it to the ticket booth at the front of the park and they exchanged it there for the little ticket. You can add Maxpass to your ticket each day as soon as you enter the park. Hope that helps

Hi. We were at Disneyland January of this year and had 10 day parkhopper tickets from Flight Centre (NZ). We didn't have any problems with them at all... I think we got a magic morning entry with it too. We arrived in Anaheim about 2 hours before Disney closed for the night so we went and got our actual passes that night, rather than doing that the next morning. That way we just had to go straight to the turnstiles in the morning, get our photo taken, and we were in :)
We found we didn't need Max passes with it being the time of year it was. We were there from the 7th to the 13th (was supposed to be longer but we changed our plan). We just used Fastpasses and lined up at others. (2 adults and 2 teens) Certainly didn't miss any rides and had multiple rides on ones we wanted (Guardians 7x, Incredicoaster 6x, etc) It was a very wet January though so be prepared.
We also used Flight Centre (NZ) 14 day passes back in 2012/13 when they were available and had no problems.
Hope that helps :) Our daughter's think we should go back "one more time" ;P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!