Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

Yes, you can. They are quoting you some hokem, right there. Many of us were told in the past few days that aside from park rezzies tied to resort stays, we could also book park rezzies today (for APs), up to 3 days. Why that CM gave you incorrect information is beyond me.

I was just told the same thing. No extra 3 days outside of resort stay :mad:

Datapoint for those keeping track:
I have gold AP vouchers. I was just able to make 2 non resort reservations.

I have a total of 21 park days. 19 are tied to stays, 2 are not. I'm unable to make a 3rd non resort day reservation

Datapoint for those keeping track:
I have gold AP vouchers. I was just able to make 2 non resort reservations.

I have a total of 21 park days. 19 are tied to stays, 2 are not. I'm unable to make a 3rd non resort day reservation
Did you book a park reservation for each of your resort reservation days, including check-in and check-out days?

I just tried to make reservations for some random days in October and December without a resort stay. No luck for even one day.
I currently have park passes for 3 on site trips. They include check in and checkout dates.

"All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, OR Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay. All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates."

It's one or the other, not both.

I don't buy it. Others with resort rezzies were able to get park passes earlier and the week as well as today, if they're AP holders. This is affecting some but not all who are aiming for the same thing.

Reactions: cm8
Did you book a park reservation for each of your resort reservation days, including check-in and check-out days?

Good question! I went back and I have one checkout day I did not make a reservation for. I tried to add a park res for that day and received the reached limit error.

Do you think that "allowed" me to get 1 of the 2 non resort days? I made sure I didn't miss any other resort reservation days (including check in and out days).

Good question! I went back and I have one checkout day I did not make a reservation for. I tried to add a park res for that day and received the reached limit error.

Do you think that "allowed" me to get 1 of the 2 non resort days? I made sure I didn't miss any other resort reservation days (including check in and out days).

I am wondering if they have a "counter" for park reservations based on the number of days of your resort reservation, including check-in and check-out days and let you book that many days even if outside the time period of the reservation. If that is the case, maybe APs could cancel the check-in/check-out day park reservations and get a couple more days at a different time. Similarly by scheduling a "non-park" day during their resort reservation and use their AP at a different time.

Sounds like each onsite stay is equivalent as 1 day of reservation. Total of three 'stays'. I would think each on-site stay shouldn't count toward the three as you're giving quite a bit to the mouse with an on-site stay as it is.

Daffodil on MDE chat just told us that we cannot hold both resort park reservations AND offsite park reservations. Not happy here.... will be likely canceling paid plat out of state APs..... not cool, Disney. Not cool at all.
I'm a local AP, but I'm shocked and angry for you and people in the same scenario. It's bad enough that we cannot use your AP whenever we want (plus can't hop), but now you are limited to resort stays only OR 3 days AP only! That's insane! Add to that the $$$$ you're spending on Disney, it's outrageous!

Daffodil on MDE chat just told us that we cannot hold both resort park reservations AND offsite park reservations. Not happy here.... will be likely canceling paid plat out of state APs..... not cool, Disney. Not cool at all.

Yikes. See, this is going to hamstring anyone who does the occasional resort stay, yet still wants to do a random AP park reservation. I hope they change this policy because they will lose (more) customers.

This morning I booked a resort reservation for Jan. 2021, then went and booked our park reservations. Everyday it gave me an entry time one hour past opening. Has anyone encountered this? (Like park opens at 9am, your party can enter at 10am).

I am wondering if they have a "counter" for park reservations based on the number of days of your resort reservation, including check-in and check-out days and let you book that many days even if outside the time period of the reservation. If that is the case, maybe APs could cancel the check-in/check-out day park reservations and get a couple more days at a different time. Similarly by scheduling a "non-park" day during their resort reservation and use their AP at a different time.
That's what I'm wondering too - I'm tempted to try it, but have to admit - it scares me LOL! It was so painful getting those days - but I might try it with just one check-in day.

***Edited to add - I just tried it and it worked! I cancelled our check in day, and then was able to make a Park Pass reservation on a random day.

Last edited:
This morning I booked a resort reservation for Jan. 2021, then went and booked our park reservations. Everyday it gave me an entry time one hour past opening. Has anyone encountered this? (Like park opens at 9am, your party can enter at 10am).

Yep. They're staggering entry times. I ran into that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter