Disney Wonder Sept 2, 2019 - 7 Night Alaska Cruise!!!

WDWEPCOT

DIS Veteran
Welcome to Our Cruise! I am so excited to be going back to Alaska. It will be me and my DH. Looking forward to chatting with you all and planning for our cruise. I don't do facebook but am on the DIS a lot. I have already started looking at hotels and trying to work some deals. Checking out excursions and general planning.
Come join the cruise party!!!!!

I would like to start a fish extender - please let me know if you are interested in joining. We can work on details like group size once we have idea on number of people.
If you would like to do other things like the things mentioned below - happy to discuss. I’ve done all on other cruises and they are fun - always fun meeting people from other areas and learning about what they enjoy from their area.
Recipe exchange
Ornament exchange
Candy exchange
Won’t be long and we will be able to start booking our hotels and airfare!!! I am so looking forward to seeing bears! I love bears. Trying to convince dh to do a glacier tour this time. We did the dog sledding last time on a glacier and it was awesome!! Our other tours were more nature tours - plants / birds / some bears by chance .

Enjoying the Kentucky Derby today - I love horses and always watch horse racing. Such a shame they have rain. Beautiful weather here in STL today. Sitting here doing some research for our cruise. How is everyone’s Saturday going??

Sure Hope someone joins soon! Looking at hotels this week - I have one I would like - Just waiting for a price drop - I may be in for a long wait...... I stayed there last time and really liked it. Hope everyone is having a Great Week.

Well I guess you all are on Facebook planning away - I’m not on Facebook and will be here if anyone would care to join me for our cruise.

Hello! I will be on the 9/2/19 Alaska cruise!!! what hotels are you looking at? It seems to me that a lot are not accepting reservations at this time as I get a lot of "dates not available" when I check.

Welcome !!!
I am looking at Fairmont waterfront - I stayed there last time and Loved it and I have gift certificate. Their prices right now are members only and are insane / $848 per night yeah that will go down. The Pan Pacific is very nice and you can get deals on that once they open booking.
I will try and find a thread on hotels I saved for Alaska and post it.

Here are some helpful threads for Alaska - some are old but have a lot of info in them. Happy Planning!!! I hope this works as I haven't done this in a long time - Let me know if it doesn't work.
We will be able to start looking at airfare soon! I know from last time the earlier the better as prices just kept going up and never came back down! I am wishing for better luck this time!!!!
Thanks!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-2011-alaskan-thread-cruise-tips-and-planning.2509915/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/alaska-excursions-post-your-reviews-here.2723087/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/going-to-alaska-vancouver-airport-question-opinions.2870740/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/vancouver-faq-thread-a-few-updates-in-main-post.2283011/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/vancouver-hotel-help.2870204/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pan-pacific-hotel-vanvouver-bc.2870129/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-disney-alaskan-cruise-bible.3612722/

thank you for all the information . . will review once we return from our trip to aulani that is scheduled for mid september. we were at the edge of our seats watching Hurricane Lane . . . so glad it wasn't any worse than it was . .

I hope you have a wonderful time! Thank God the hurricane wasn’t as bad as the thought.

We’re going on the same cruise! Love to join a fish extender group! Travelling with my son who is 17 at time of cruise. First time cruiser to this location.

Soufflegirl
Welcome!!!
I do hope we can get enough people to have a Fish Extender - So far it is just the two of us! Maybe we are going to be the only peeps on the ship along with Sailorsgirl!!

I would like to start a fish extender - please let me know if you are interested in joining. We can work on details like group size once we have idea on number of people.
If you would like to do other things like the things mentioned below - happy to discuss. I’ve done all on other cruises and they are fun - always fun meeting people from other areas and learning about what they enjoy from their area.
Recipe exchange
Ornament exchange
Candy exchange
Won’t be long and we will be able to start booking our hotels and airfare!!! I am so looking forward to seeing bears! I love bears. Trying to convince dh to do a glacier tour this time. We did the dog sledding last time on a glacier and it was awesome!! Our other tours were more nature tours - plants / birds / some bears by chance .
We want to do the fish extenders as well - have 2 kids that will be 20 and 18 but they STILL love them! :o)

We have booked this cruise and are very excited. let the rest of the planning begin. It will be me, my husband and 19 year old daughter. They will be the deciders on the excursions. We live in Northern California so we may drive up instead of flying, but will decide in the spring. We want to stay the night before and the night after in Vancouver and would like to visit Victoria. Let the planning begin!!

So Sad to say - I have cancelled this cruise - I have been waiting and waiting for Disney to do Hawaii - and the deal with DH = if I booked Hawaii (and I did - the 10 night cruise ) I had to give up Alaska - so I had to cancel this last night. I do hope you all have a wonderful cruise - Alaska so far is my favorite cruise - I think it is so beautiful. I enjoyed the cruise so much. You all will have a blast.
Vancouver is a lovely city - please try and take some time to see the city.

We are booked on this cruise and just purchased our flights to the USA and booked our Hire car so we are definitely coming travelling with my husband and our youngest 2 children who are 12 and 10. Looking forward to meeting you all

Added all the info on the FB page, but thought I would join this site to keep up with any additional info.

Wife's 40th B-day is actually on the 16th, but we were able to get time off from the 2nd to the 9th so we are celebrating with all you fine people on the Wonder to Alaska. We will be staying at the Pan Pacific for 3 nights prior in Vancouver so we can explore the city. Can't wait to meet you all and enjoy the cruise as it will be my first. We will be bringing our son with us...he will be a a whopping 20 months at the time so this is really going to be an adventure!

have not been on here in a while . . . we too are staying at the Pan Pacific but arrive on Saturday prior to cruise and we will be celebrating my 60th BD and DD's 33rd BD (which our birthdays are actually in August but it was less to do this cruise) we have made two excursion reservations outside of DCL. One in Skagway and other for Juneau. Still undecided for Ketchikan. May just explore the town on our own. any thoughts?

Just booked yesterday and super excited! It will be my mom-in-law, husband, and 2 sons, ages 2 and 5 (we set sail on his birthday!), at time of sailing. Oh, and me too.

Husband has a rare, stage IV metastatic cancer that is incurable and his mom wants to make his dream of seeing Alaska come true before he gets too sick to travel. And, our older son has a rare, life-threatening genetic disorder. So, these family memories will be priceless.

ETA: None of us has ever done a cruise, and we are especially excited that our first cruise is a Disney cruise to Alaska!

Also, we would LOVE to do a fish extender. I think it would make it extra special for our boys.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter