Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Jaun - January 20, 2017

They sell the starter sets on the ship, of course, but you can also find them at the Disney Store (online or if you have one at your local mall). Also from amazon (search "Disney Pin Starter Set"). You can get pins from ebay, but there are a lot of fakes. I think there's a thread on disboards with a list of reputable sellers on ebay.
Thank you!

Awesome, you guys got to 10. Just need CiccFamily to finish there 10, and I can get your Late Late FE group all connected.
Is the Royal Court Tea worth the cost? Do they have slots on the ship that aren't available online (as it's already sold out)?
I can not speak as to whether or not it is worth it, but I do know that for many of the ticketed things, they try to reserve a few to be issued on boarding day. That is the same for Palo as well. So, I would hope that if you wanted to, you would be able to get signed up when you board.
I'm new also to Disney Cruising. Where would I find a Pin starter kit?
You usually can find the starter kits at the Disney store, and they will have them on board in the shops. I think it is too late to order on line. (oops missed that this had already been answered)
Is it to late for FE? sorry, we are new to Disney Cruises.
I have you added to the late late FE. Currently there are 3 of you in the group.
I will send the message to y'all in just a second with information needed for the FE.
Also, I will share the conversation with you, Sheely2017, about the patterns.
~Tink~

Happy Monday Everyone!
After today, I will only have one more Forget Me Not for y'all. It will be a 'Make sure you have in your carry on' list, and a generic packing list for double checking.

Today's Forget Me Not's is doubles. :teleport:

When you are packing there are 2 things that you will need to double up on.
The first is luggage tags (and I am not referring to the paper ones Disney sent you, I mean the normal ones that have your address and contact information on them). When preparing your luggage, make sure to put one tag on the outside of your luggage, and one on the inside of your luggage. The one on the outside, should have your name, address, and contact information on it. It is also a good idea to put the cruise name and cabin number on the back, or if you have one that you slide a card into, you can put an extra slip of paper in behind with that information. The one on the inside is just a back up in case the one on the outside gets lost. You will want to duplicate the information that you put on the outside tag. This way, if a need for you to identify your luggage arises, you will have the back up inside.
The second double is your prescription medicines. I know that no one wants to think about anything going wrong, but it is better to be prepared than wishing you had planned for the worst case scenario. So, if you have any medications that you take on a regular basis, bring twice as much as you would normally need. This way, if for some unforeseen reason, we do not make it back to the port by our disembarkation date, your medical needs will be covered.

Also, I am so excited! :hyper: My channel is finally up!
Don't know if anyone would be interested, but I posted my first video this weekend. I used one of my Monday Forget Me Not Topics.

~Tink~

Last edited:
Hey, all! First time posting, second time taking a Disney Cruise (last time I was 12). Forgive me if I'm out of the loop on the lingo. Still trying to decipher most of the messages on here, lol

I'm Hunter (27) and I'll be vacationing with the gf, Toni (24). If there are still spots for the Mixology group we would be interested in learning more! So far we're signed up for Choc. workshop and wine pairing (CZ88), Shipwreck Snuba (G34), and Rum Tour (FA70) activities in that order.

We'll also be staying an extra two nights in San Juan and flying out on the 28th. Looking forward to it!

Also, saw someone else say something about a runner in their group. If there is any sort of running meetup I would love to hear about it!

Question: Has anyone used Uber in Galveston, I accidently booked returning my rental car to the wrong location and they will not refund. ( I prepaid) So I am thinking that using a Uber would probably be the easiest way for my husband to get back to the hotel.

Just finished reading through about 10-15 pages of the thread, so I'm more caught up on what's going on. Also realizing I'm a lot later to the party than expected!

Question: Has anyone used Uber in Galveston, I accidently booked returning my rental car to the wrong location and they will not refund. ( I prepaid) So I am thinking that using a Uber would probably be the easiest way for my husband to get back to the hotel.

Uber was banned from Galveston last year, unfortunately.

Hey, all! First time posting, second time taking a Disney Cruise (last time I was 12). Forgive me if I'm out of the loop on the lingo. Still trying to decipher most of the messages on here, lol

I'm Hunter (27) and I'll be vacationing with the gf, Toni (24). If there are still spots for the Mixology group we would be interested in learning more! So far we're signed up for Choc. workshop and wine pairing (CZ88), Shipwreck Snuba (G34), and Rum Tour (FA70) activities in that order.

We'll also be staying an extra two nights in San Juan and flying out on the 28th. Looking forward to it!

Also, saw someone else say something about a runner in their group. If there is any sort of running meetup I would love to hear about it!
Welcome to the group Hunterryan89!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I am sorry, but the mixology has reached its 40 participant limit. They do have mixology classes on board that are not organized. Just watch the Navigator for time and place.
Sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned.
My son is the runner. I will check with him to see if he would like to meet up for a few laps around the running track on deck 4.

~Tink~

I'm not sure where I read it, but I came across mention of a 5k run at Grand Cayman. Didn't know if it was associated with the cruise in any way or not. Has anyone heard anything related to that?

I'm not sure where I read it, but I came across mention of a 5k run at Grand Cayman. Didn't know if it was associated with the cruise in any way or not. Has anyone heard anything related to that?
This is the first I am hearing of this. I know when the boat goes to Castaway Cay, Disney has one.
If you remember where you saw it, please post it here. I would love to know more about it.

So I'm looking these questions up as I ask them, because they're helping me get to that 10 post req. in the event I'd like to be able to pm later!

Found this: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2147

Sounds like it should be fun! I've got the shipwreck snuba tour starting at 10:45, so maybe I can squeeze it in beforehand!

Grand Cayman != Castaway Cay

You'll have to try the Castaway Cay 5K on another cruise that stops at Castaway Cay (in the Bahamas).

Ah, got it. I think I just saw the ship's name and 5k and assumed it might've been something available on all the cruises. Thanks for the heads up!

Ah, got it. I think I just saw the ship's name and 5k and assumed it might've been something available on all the cruises. Thanks for the heads up!
Now you've got a good excuse to book another cruise while you're on the Wonder and take advantage of the On-Board Booking discount!

Hello!
We will be cruising on the Wonder on the 20th. How can we be part of the FE's, is it too late?
We have never cruised with Disney before, excited, but have no idea how everything works.
Please help!!
CiccFamily, we have had 2 other families join your FE group. We have also had 4 families offer to help by pixie dusting.
To get you added to the spreadsheet, we are going to need some information. If you would like to keep your information private, we can PM after 5 more posts. The things we are going to be needing are kids names (pixie dust request for personalizing )and ages, cabin number, favorite colors, favorite character, any special need to know' s, and so on.
If any pixie dusters have any pieces of information needed, please let them know.

~Tink ~

I received my weekly email from Galveston.com today and I found out something everyone may be interested in. It is (will be) restaurant week in Galveston. There are several restaurants participating. Here is a link to the list of restaurants, their menus, and their lunch & dinner price. http://www.galveston.com/galvrw/
Willie G's, Fisherman's Wharf, Nonno Tony's and Olympia Grill are all on the list, and are either in the same building as Harbor House or basically next door to it. For those staying over closer to Sea Wall, there are a good number of location over there as well (Olympia Grill on Sea Wall, Rain Forest, Galvez Bar & Grill, Bubba Gumps, and Gaido's).

See everyone in about 1 week!
~Tink~

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter