Disney Visa Card Summer Discounts out!!!

If I book my vacation as a package, is it just the room that this discount applies to? Are the tickets priced the same as if I were buying them separately? Thank you.

If I book my vacation as a package, is it just the room that this discount applies to? Are the tickets priced the same as if I were buying them separately? Thank you.
Yes, just the room.
I happened to get a PIN code which gave us this same deal plus free park hoppers but, as far as I have seen on this deal so far, it's just the room discount.

It would appear that the availability is quite limited for some resorts. I called within an hour of it being released and the only availability at Wilderness Lodge was woodsview, bunkbed rooms. No courtyard, no standard view. We got it, but it took some work with a split stay since our stay spans 2 different discounts. This was for a room only reservation.

Question: We never go in the summer so I'm not familiar with summer discounts. Is this a pretty good deal this year? We're waiting for a fall discount. Just a curious question!

Question: We never go in the summer so I'm not familiar with summer discounts. Is this a pretty good deal this year? We're waiting for a fall discount. Just a curious question!

It's not quite as good as the discount that was available previous to this one. We got 35% off public for our first 3 days, this discount covers the last 4 and is 30%.

We subsequently changed that 35% off to an AP which was marginally better at 37%- so we're still waiting to see what happens with the AP discount that hasn't come out yet.

Gotcha. I didn't know if they did the same discounts during summer since it's more of a peak time.

I applied for Disney Vida Sunday night in anticipation of this offer. I was approved immediately and it said I could start using right away. When I couldn't find the account number, I called Visa yesterday, they said they would express me a card for Friday. Is there any way I can look up my # as I'm afraid BC will be gone by tomorrow afternoon!

I had a Wilderness Lodge courtyard bunkbed already booked so I just got my discount applied!

Saved $1087 woohoo

Weird I got an email ftom chase yesterday about the disneyland summer discounts but nothing today at WDW. My friend just saw it posted on Reddit and told me.

Last edited:
But where is it "advertised"? How do people know it's being offered (other than sites like this)?

I wondered the same thing???

News of Disney Visa promotions comes out earlier than the official communication. Later today there should be emails out to Disney Visa cardholders, along with information on the Disney Visa Limited Time Offers page. Regardless, you don't need this information in order to call and ask for the Disney Visa promotion.

I never get emails. :confused3 I would love to get an email rather than reading about the discounts on the boards first. Maybe I need to call Disney Visa and make sure I am on the email list.

I wondered the same thing???

I never get emails. :confused3 I would love to get an email rather than reading about the discounts on the boards first. Maybe I need to call Disney Visa and make sure I am on the email list.

if you log into your account on line there is a place to check off if you want to receive offers. I do get the e-mails but always late afternoon/early evening. much better to watch here as you will know early in the day

So irritated. Only pirate rooms at CB are left and they only sleep 4. pOR has garden view BUT even with discount they are more than CB. :headache:

I had a Wilderness Lodge courtyard bunked already booked so I just got my discount applied!

Saved $1087 woohoo

Weird I got an email ftom chase yesterday about the disneyland summer discounts but nothing today at WDW. My friend just saw it posted on Reddit and told me.

Lucky you! Strange though, we were told there were no courtyard views available at all. We had one booked and had to switch to a woodsview for the 2nd half of our trip.

if you log into your account on line there is a place to check off if you want to receive offers. I do get the e-mails but always late afternoon/early evening. much better to watch here as you will know early in the day

Thank you, I will do that AND keep looking on here. :thumbsup2

Thank you Disboards!! Just applied the Visa rate for the last 5 nights of our reservation at the Polynesian and saved almost $900!!! I never get the emails either, but am accustomed to looking here first, every morning I need a code!!

Before I make a fuss with my TA - I am booked at POR for the last three days of the Spring offer and the first four days of the Summer offer. (There might be an overlap on June 15). First three nights are nicely discounted. When I asked my TA about the new Visa promo, she said "you already have the Spring discount for the entire stay, so you have the better deal." As far as I can see, I am still paying rack rate for the last four nights ($265 for POR Royal Guest Room Standard). Shouldn't I be eligible for both deals, even if it means creating two separate reservations?

ETA: Also, since my TA booked the room, would it do me no good to call Disney myself?

Before I make a fuss with my TA - I am booked at POR for the last three days of the Spring offer and the first four days of the Summer offer. (There might be an overlap on June 15). First three nights are nicely discounted. When I asked my TA about the new Visa promo, she said "you already have the Spring discount for the entire stay, so you have the better deal." As far as I can see, I am still paying rack rate for the last four nights ($265 for POR Royal Guest Room Standard). Shouldn't I be eligible for both deals, even if it means creating two separate reservations?

Our dates are 6/13-6/20. We had the first 3 days first on the public discount, then later on the AP discount. Any date you have from the 16th forward is not on the spring discount. It expired on the 15th, but the 15th is included in that spring discount. I am certain your TA is wrong on this- the previous discount does not apply on any dates past the 6/15.

You will have to book it as a split stay in order to keep the current discount you have. We just did ours this morning and it's a room only discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter