Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

No...

Wikipedia has the following information
View attachment 232129
Per car, but how many sections are per car? I know that there's a bench on each side and 2 stripper poles in the middle. I know about 4 people can sit on a bench. Maybe 5-6 if you have small people. Then 46 people will squeeze into the middle.

In all seriousness, usually in each section you have 8 seated and then 6 standing. So that's 14. How many of those sections make up a car?

Per car, but how many sections are per car? I know that there's a bench on each side and 2 stripper poles in the middle. I know about 4 people can sit on a bench. Maybe 5-6 if you have small people. Then 46 people will squeeze into the middle.

In all seriousness, usually in each section you have 8 seated and then 6 standing. So that's 14. How many of those sections make up a car?

Since you brought up strippers...who needs "seats"?

Laps will do

I'm not sure what you're asking?

# of cars per train=6
# of sitting passengers=20 (according to the source I listed)
# of standing passengers=40 (according to the source I listed)

40+20=60....60X6=360 total capacity for each monorail train.

ETA: This is for the Mark VI trains currently in operation I should note.

We can of course go nitty gritty and say this is approximate given people's different body shapes and stroller/ecv differences but for reals I was responding to the person who was saying 10 per car as the number for the monorail capacity.

Can it be something like this? The City Cable Car System

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the company that is manufacturing the system is Doppelmayr, who is also creating the system shown in the video. It looks to me that this gondola system can carry more people (15-25) than any of the other ones they manufacture (excluding the larger tram types), plus in my opinion it seems more aesthetically pleasing. It basically looks like a suspended monorail system with mini cars on the tracks instead of the long train. I would personally prefer this style of cable transportation because with a normal gondola system, I can see height being an issue. While it is windier when you are higher, and the regular gondola systems could have a pretty flat slope and be low to the ground; if the gondola was to be high, it could ruin the illusion Disney is trying to hide from it's guests. According to the permits, this thing does get pretty close to the backstage of Epcot. With a more level system like the one shown in the video, backstage could be hidden better with some foliage or something. In addition, like most of Doppelmayr's systems, the trams run continuously and never stop, which is a big factor when it comes to the flow of guests. One last note: while I know that you guys have discussed weather not being a really big issue with the standard gondola systems (I agree), I feel like these would be sturdier and handle the weather more smoothly. Instead of a little dangling during a storm which would probably result in A LOT of complaints, Disney could pick this system and leave all that hassle aside. Anyways whatever happens, i'm still a fan of the new transportation option!

P.S. Im new to the forums so don't harp on me too much if you guys already talked about this. :)
P.P.S. Dopplemayr also manufactured the system for the Hogwarts Express Trains at Universal!

Found another video on it

Last edited:
Can it be something like this? The City Cable Car System

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the company that is manufacturing the system is Doppelmayr, who is also creating the system shown in the video. It looks to me that this gondola system can carry more people (15-25) than any of the other ones they manufacture (excluding the larger tram types), plus in my opinion it seems more aesthetically pleasing. It basically looks like a suspended monorail system with mini cars on the tracks instead of the long train. I would personally prefer this style of cable transportation because with a normal gondola system, I can see height being an issue. While it is windier when you are higher, and the regular gondola systems could have a pretty flat slope and be low to the ground; if the gondola was to be high, it could ruin the illusion Disney is trying to hide from it's guests. According to the permits, this thing does get pretty close to the backstage of Epcot. With a more level system like the one shown in the video, backstage could be hidden better with some foliage or something. In addition, like most of Doppelmayr's systems, the trams run continuously and never stop, which is a big factor when it comes to the flow of guests. One last note: while I know that you guys have discussed weather not being a really big issue with the standard gondola systems (I agree), I feel like these would be sturdier and handle the weather more smoothly. Instead of a little dangling during a storm which would probably result in A LOT of complaints, Disney could pick this system and leave all that hassle aside. Anyways whatever happens, i'm still a fan of the new transportation option!

P.S. Im new to the forums so don't harp on me too much if you guys already talked about this. :)
P.P.S. Dopplemayr also manufactured the system for the Hogwarts Express Trains at Universal!

Found another video on it

As far as I am aware this will be pure cable. Something like that require a monorail like beam which is more expensive than just cable.

I'm not sure what you're asking?

# of cars per train=6
# of sitting passengers=20 (according to the source I listed)
# of standing passengers=40 (according to the source I listed)

40+20=60....60X6=360 total capacity for each monorail train.

ETA: This is for the Mark VI trains currently in operation I should note.

We can of course go nitty gritty and say this is approximate given people's different body shapes and stroller/ecv differences but for reals I was responding to the person who was saying 10 per car as the number for the monorail capacity.
No im not questioning you. I'm just trying to figure out how they get that number cause there no way 10 people can sit on a bench in the monorail... I think. I'll have to pay closer attention

No im not questioning you. I'm just trying to figure out how they get that number cause there no way 10 people can sit on a bench in the monorail... I think. I'll have to pay closer attention

I think there are 2 sections (sets of doors) per car on the monorail. So if each car can sit 20 or standing 40 - than each "section" would have a total of 10 sitting/20 standing - so I'd say 1/2 a monorail car is roughly the size of a gondola when you factor in room for strollers and such

I think there are 2 sections (sets of doors) per car on the monorail. So if each car can sit 20 or standing 40 - than each "section" would have a total of 10 sitting/20 standing - so I'd say 1/2 a monorail car is roughly the size of a gondola when you factor in room for strollers and such

I'll give them the five on each bench-- but there is no way 20 more fit in between the benches. 10 more might fit. 20 would be 4 people back to back between each set of sitting people. No way. especially since the end seat on each side is tucked behind the pole / door activation.

I'll give them the five on each bench-- but there is no way 20 more fit in between the benches. 10 more might fit. 20 would be 4 people back to back between each set of sitting people. No way. especially since the end seat on each side is tucked behind the pole / door activation.

I was thinking 20 combined from those sitting and standing

Ok, that would make sense.

This is what I was thinking. I am trying picture this in my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter