Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I agree but one of the great features about the search function on this board is that it displays results from the most recently posted then back in time! It’s a wonderful feature that not all know about. I was just trying to share how it works as often it provides great information in a matter of seconds as opposed to asking a question that may have already been asked and hoping the person who responds first has accurate information. It’s a great way to scan recent conversations about the exact thing you’re wondering about and truly is a great feature of the enhancements DISBoards just made!!

Also, SO MANY PEOPLE on this thread have repeatedly said "Enough with the A/C talk!" and only @scrappinginontario seemed to get the wrath of everyone for her comment. I myself joked a few pages back "but will the gondolas have A/C????" because so many people asked it again and again and so many commentors were tired of reading the same thing. Heck, someone's signature says there won't be A/C on the gondolas!

That being said, I have commented on different threads saying "hey I haven't read all 300 pages but...." for something I absolutely cannot find information on, but a google search will very quickly answer a question like if the gondolas will have A/C. It's certainly okay and encouraged to ask questions but at the same time, 5 seconds of searching would answer that.

Some people are now emotionally invested in the idea the cabins will be intolerable so of course for them they will be.
Personally I'm emotionally invested in having more efficient transportation to/from the parks so I'm sure I'll find the cabins to be quite comfortable and with a good view.

Speaking for myself, I'm personally invested in the idea that these look ACE.

That's good enough for me. :)

Question on strollers/ECVs, will it be like the monorail where you don’t have to collapse them on the gondolas?
With a family of 6 and two strollers including a side by side double that is at the upper limit of the new size limits, will we need two gondolas?

Question on strollers/ECVs, will it be like the monorail where you don’t have to collapse them on the gondolas?
With a family of 6 and two strollers including a side by side double that is at the upper limit of the new size limits, will we need two gondolas?
It is anticipated that you won't need to fold up your strollers. Whether your 2 strollers will fit into 1 gondola isn't really known yet. These are all things that will become clearer once they are accepting guests or, Disney makes an official announcement.

probably won't know that until people start riding, if you fold them you should have plenty of room, but if they don't make you hold them you might need 2. But then again, we won't know until they start operating them.

Hopefully soon!

Also, SO MANY PEOPLE on this thread have repeatedly said "Enough with the A/C talk!" and only @scrappinginontario seemed to get the wrath of everyone for her comment. I myself joked a few pages back "but will the gondolas have A/C????" because so many people asked it again and again and so many commentors were tired of reading the same thing. Heck, someone's signature says there won't be A/C on the gondolas!

That being said, I have commented on different threads saying "hey I haven't read all 300 pages but...." for something I absolutely cannot find information on, but a google search will very quickly answer a question like if the gondolas will have A/C. It's certainly okay and encouraged to ask questions but at the same time, 5 seconds of searching would answer that.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with some light hearted joking when someone literally asks if there will be A/C on the gondolas. But that’s not what happened here. @Planogirl made a comment/asked a valid question and the next comment on this thread seriously asked people to stop talking about A/C questions altogether. :confused3

I don’t think @scrappinginontario received wrath from everyone, and judging from the likes she received, most people on this thread agree with her.

There is a size box the stroller had to fit into, which I can't remember the exact dimensions of right now, but I think it is the same as the new stroller policy. Since it has to fit with a specific box I think that means you can take them unfolded.

Do you really think that, in all this time they have been testing the system, someone has NOT ridden in the gondolas in the heat of the day to see just how hot they will be? That in mind, do you really think Disney would just let that slide if there really was a problem?

I know, the dead horse and all-but a while back somebody mentioned they had all last summer to drive these "cabins" around on flatbeds in Orlando.

Or even just on WDW private land/roads at what 10mph, different speeds. Even stopping for a while, then moving again.

And they would still be cooler yet up in the air.

Seemed logical that someone could have ridden in these with the vents open and report the findings.

Some footage of EPCOT construction including the Skyliner

at just over the 1 minute mark and again at the just over 2 minute mark are angles from inside EPCOT that you can see them going by a bit - I know the "can you see them from inside the park" has been a question some people have wondered

Some footage of EPCOT construction including the Skyliner

at just over the 1 minute mark and again at the just over 2 minute mark are angles from inside EPCOT that you can see them going by a bit - I know the "can you see them from inside the park" has been a question some people have wondered

Cool video thanks.

Looks pretty minor, at least compared to the other mode anyway.

There is a size box the stroller had to fit into, which I can't remember the exact dimensions of right now, but I think it is the same as the new stroller policy. Since it has to fit with a specific box I think that means you can take them unfolded.

Strollers and ECV's need to fit in an 30” x 48” area.

They may look like that, but they aren't. They were built in place and probably house the control room (one has a window that faces the line) and other control equipment for the station. Even the Boardwalk turn station has a small equipment room. There is no reason to think they will be removed.
Not being there in person to see it, I couldn't see those types of detail. Thanks for the info! :)

AoA Skyliner station is now revealed. I honestly thought it would have more shade, but might be sufficient for the number of guests.

AoA Skyliner station is now revealed. I honestly thought it would have more shade, but might be sufficient for the number of guests.
I would be surprised if there was a 10 minute wait for the gondola first thing in the morning. I think amybe if it is opend on augest 29 there might be a little over 10 minute wait.

I would be surprised if there was a 10 minute wait for the gondola first thing in the morning. I think amybe if it is opend on augest 29 there might be a little over 10 minute wait.

Yeah, in the morning you don't get huge groups of people leaving the resort at the same time, they are spread out which works well with the continuous loading nature of the Skyliner.

There will probable be a line when it goes down for weather and they are running it empty like they do for rides until they get the all clear for passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter