Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I would hesitate to say anything is confirmed until it's actually been seen unless it's by someone that is actually working on installing it, anything else is just speculation.
You can tell from the pictures of the actual construction, the standard Doppelmayr design, and industry experts have confirmed it as well. There are three bullwheels at the turns, there would only be two if they were separate cables, the turn stations also don't have drive systems.

So are we saying it is a SURE thing that the Skyway won't open in May? Like 100%? Not even soft openings?

I'm thinking I might have to move to a different resort just so I don't see the darn thing mocking me the whole time (so close, yet so far away).

So are we saying it is a SURE thing that the Skyway won't open in May? Like 100%? Not even soft openings?

I'm thinking I might have to move to a different resort just so I don't see the darn thing mocking me the whole time (so close, yet so far away).
I believe it’s very safe to say it will not be open to guests in May.

I believe it’s very safe to say it will not be open to guests in May.
I wouldn’t say for sure not but it’s unlikely. Full cabin testing begins in April.

I wouldn’t say for sure not but it’s unlikely. Full cabin testing begins in April.
For a normal gondola system at a ski resort they going to operation of bodily after full cabin testing is done. I don't bully see why this 1 should be any different. It's not as if this system is anything unusual and in some ways is even simpler because it doesn't have a huge elevation changes that one at a ski resort does. I know Disney must be cautious for obvious reasons but caution can only go so far.

For a normal gondola system at a ski resort they going to operation of bodily after full cabin testing is done. I don't bully see why this 1 should be any different. It's not as if this system is anything unusual and in some ways is even simpler because it doesn't have a huge elevation changes that one at a ski resort does. I know Disney must be cautious for obvious reasons but caution can only go so far.
Oh I know. The info I have and that’s been rumored is initial testing in January, cabin testing in April, and full operation by September.

Nice photo, but unfortunately doesn't give a good idea of the seating capacity due to the oblique angle.

Yeah, attendees are supposed to have closer access to it later so I am sure we will get more about that and how ECVs and strollers will fit, etc then

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter