Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we drive to save money, we pay high prices for their hotels, and many of us with cars DO NOT use their transportation often, hence saves them in the long run and now they will charge us to park. That is one of the main reasons I did not book OFF SITE this time. But some hotels/suites were offering free parking and EMH's as well, along with the 60 day fast pass option, it seems if this happens, more hotels will offer more things and Disney will have more vacant rooms

Last edited:
I have over 135 stays at this point ON Disney property and LOTS off site as well. Offsite I have stayed at hotels deluxe and moderate, one and two bedroom suites, condo/timeshare units ....... eaten on property, off property, eat in room/suite/condo ............ there are MANY wonderful options minutes to the parks that cost much less than Disney. Spending much less means I have more cash for special events, tours, dining, shopping and more trips.

After our experience with the new security in January (probably 6th trip ON-site in last year, I think 2 offsite) we decided to book our next three trips offsite. Hotels, regular rooms and suites, depending on how many of us. Spring break I am in a nice suite with wonderful breakfast buffet with cooked to order, evening receptions, no extra adult fees, 10 minutes to parks for HALF what it cost at POP. If this happens, onsite will be a rare event for us.
At what point does enough become enough and you say no more disney? I am right on the precipice now.

We go to Disney 2-3 times a year and spend lots of money, I said to my wife for the last few years Disney is getting near the tipping point in terms of cost. We mostly stay at Disney resorts. If this is true, this is the tipping point for me. I will no longer stay at Disney resorts, we will stay off site and she can go to Disney and I will do other things in Orlando. Disney will get no more money from me. They better think long and hard before they implement this new fee. This is total crap!

Does anyone know if you get a discount or free parking for being an annual passholder? Since parking at the parks is free for that can I just leave my car there and bus to the hotel? I'm really annoyed by this change and have a trip this weekend so not much I can do about it now.
The only exclusion mentioned is DVC. No word on AP's, yet.

Will this change apply to reservations made prior to this date? We made them several months ago. Also, for those staying offsite, if you want to eat at a WDW restaurant will there be a fee (if you have a receipt from dinner)?

Will this change apply to reservations made prior to this date? We made them several months ago. Also, for those staying offsite, if you want to eat at a WDW restaurant will there be a fee (if you have a receipt from dinner)?
No fee for day guests.

I looked at that link. And all it says about resort hotels is that valet parking at deluxe resorts is $25. That's not a change. Might have to clear cookies.

here is what i see
Resort Hotels
Registered Guests:

Overnight Self-Parking

• Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.
Learn more about services for Guests with disabilities.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

I looked at that link. And all it says about resort hotels is that valet parking is $25. That's not a change. Might have to clear cookies.

From the link provided, this is what I see:

Reactions: Iya
here is what i see
Resort Hotels
Registered Guests:

Overnight Self-Parking

• Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.
Learn more about services for Guests with disabilities.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.
That's interesting. So if the reservation was made before 3/21 you don't have to pay? Or do you think they mean if your stay is after 3/21 you do? I have a stay this weekend and in November, both made months ago.

The previous post mentions stays booked March 21 and after will pay. I'm assuming a stay that is booked prior to that date does not have to pay.

Disney will not charge for Magical Express because they want a captive audience. Without a car you have to eat on site paying their ridiculous prices and a family having to pay ME may just decide it is worth it to rent a car and eat offsite sometimes. We are planning a 10 night stay at value for next summer and this would add an extra $130 to our vacation budget. I priced out Best Western Disney Springs through Undercover Tourist for the same time and even with parking and hotel fees it is around $1000 cheaper. Plus, we would get the 60 day fp perk. Disney's "perks" are eroding away one by one and even though we have always stayed on site the past 5 vacations it can, to me anyways, no longer be justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!