Disney Premier Visa card- anyone upgrading?

Well, crap. I did the upgrade online last Sunday night, and called today to check on the status. The phone rep said that the online upgrades can take 20 days, so he just processed the upgrade separately over the phone. My 3-5 day clock for the reward rates to change starts today, rather than last Sunday -- I had been hoping to benefit from the 5% for a big weekend grocery run :/

Thank you for posting this! I just called and they found NO RECORD of me upgrading online AT ALL!!! :eek: I just had to do the upgrade on the phone. What makes it worse is that I even tried to redo the upgrade online a couple of days ago just to make sure it went through and it told me that I had already done the upgrade. :confused:

I think I'll start a new thread to make sure people see this info. What a hot mess. :headache:

Thank you for posting this! I just called and they found NO RECORD of me upgrading online AT ALL!!! :eek: I just had to do the upgrade on the phone. What makes it worse is that I even tried to redo the upgrade online a couple of days ago just to make sure it went through and it told me that I had already done the upgrade. :confused:

I think I'll start a new thread to make sure people see this info. What a hot mess. :headache:

It's okay, I'm pretty sure there are just two separate processing systems (one online, and one via phone CS), and they don't see one another. It would have worked out via your original online app (as you said, the online system has a record of your -- and my -- original application); it would just take longer.

I upgraded, because it will definately work for our family...we'll earn a lot more Disney dollars!

I have 2 credit cards and one (my american express) is hardly ever used unless I am booking airfare (We only really use it and keep the account to get free checked luggage!!! It saves us a BUNCH every time we fly and DH has tons of frequent flier miles from work, so we fly/travel quite cheap)

Our second card is our Disney Visa. I chose to upgrade it, because we put almost EVERYTHING on it. It works better for our budgeting to put almost everything on our card. We pay it off 100% EVERY month. We spend A LOT on this card. Groceries, gas, travel, restaurants, all of our utilities, clothing...you name it, it goes on our card. Two grocery stores that I frequent are actually listed as 'grocery' and I've never had a problem with my extra rewards...same goes for restaurants and gas stations that I use.

We love to do it this way, because our budgeting is SUPER EASY!!!! We simply look at the bill each month, look at the categories and keep track of what was spent.

We may spend $49 extra each year to keep the card, but we will more than get that back every year getting the extra Dis $$$. We take a Disney Trip every other year. This will be HUGE for our gift cards to use there/for our vacation!

Another thought that I had was this. Sure, we'll get the 5% back for 3 months, but I am also interested to see if we continue to get it MORE OFTEN than those with just the basic Disney Visa. You know those mailers that we receive that say "call/get on line and sign up to receive 5% (in certain categories) instead of the regular % that is normally offered..."

I, myself, believe that we will get the chance in the future to sign up for these extra rewards more often. I may not be correct, but I certainly believe that it's a possibility! And, if we don't- then we don't.

It may not work for some people. Certainly if they don't use the card often enough. But, doing the math- I know it will be a great bennifit for us. I am not a money waster of any sort! We'll earn ALMOST twice the rewards that we're getting now. I'm excited!

It's okay, I'm pretty sure there are just two separate processing systems (one online, and one via phone CS), and they don't see one another. It would have worked out via your original online app (as you said, the online system has a record of your -- and my -- original application); it would just take longer.

but then the rep I spoke with said "let me check the online system" and then he said there was nothing there. :confused: At any rate, I wouldn't want to wait 20 days for processing when calling would only make it take 3-5 days to start earning my bonus rewards.:goodvibes

Just called to check on the status of my card. Rep said that yes, my card was upgraded and I should be getting them in the mail any day now. I asked him when I would start earning the new pts and he said "you already are".:cool1::cool1::cool1:

but then the rep I spoke with said "let me check the online system" and then he said there was nothing there. :confused: At any rate, I wouldn't want to wait 20 days for processing when calling would only make it take 3-5 days to start earning my bonus rewards.:goodvibes

Oh! Well, better safe than sorry. I just need the rewards to be active before we pay off our cruise in a couple of weeks.

Does the Disney Store qualify for the increased percentage back? If so I will definitely upgrade and pay off our August trip and buy a bunch of Dsney gift cards for $500 each to pay for our food and room charges.

Update: I checked my account online, and my upgrade has been processed already. The text under "rewards details" referred to the 2% categories, and I inexplicably had $12.60 in reward dollars transferred to my account? (was zero as we just came back from WDW; not complaining). I called to verify, and our upgrade has been processed (bonus rates effective yesterday).

They keep saying my card isn't eligible to upgrade and that I would have to reapply for the premier card. :confused3 I have never had any problems with my card. Never missed a payment or anything so I'm very confused. I don't want to reapply because the $100 is definitely not as good of a deal as the 5% back in the certain categories for 3 months. I had planned to pay off our trip entirely, buy Disney GCs for our spending while there, and buy a bunch of Shoprite GCs to use for our groceries for the year to really maximize that 5% bonus period. The lady I spoke to this time said she will send me a letter that will explain it.

Have you had the card for more than a year? My understanding is that you have to have the card for at least a year before you can upgrade.

Yes, my 1 year anniversary was last month. I'm super bummed because the extra 2% would still be great in those categories even after the 5% period expired.

Does anyone know if there's a maximum amount of reward points that can be accrued over the first 3 months...or yearly for that matter?? It seems like the reward points will add up quickly especially for those spending $$ on their Disney vacations :cool1:

Does anyone know if there's a maximum amount of reward points that can be accrued over the first 3 months...or yearly for that matter?? It seems like the reward points will add up quickly especially for those spending $$ on their Disney vacations :cool1:

There is absolutely no limit to the amount of rewards you can earn.:woohoo:

UPDATE: Just checked my account, and the verbage under my rewards is about my new card, too, so I guess I'm already earning the 2%. Woohoo!

Just checked my acct online too. mine also says earn 2% rewards with your premier card. I also have $19.57 inexplicable extra points. not complaining though

I believe I saw a thread that talked about a store selling "discount" Disney gift cards.......like 5% discount. It may have been Walmart/Target....

Please let me know if it's true.......wouldn't it be great to buy the gift card with a 5% discount and them get 5% back through Disney VISA???

I believe I saw a thread that talked about a store selling "discount" Disney gift cards.......like 5% discount. It may have been Walmart/Target....

Please let me know if it's true.......wouldn't it be great to buy the gift card with a 5% discount and them get 5% back through Disney VISA???

I think those posts were about buying Disney gift cards with a Target Redcard (Target's credit card) which gives you 5% off of your Target purchases.

Just checked my acct online too. mine also says earn 2% rewards with your premier card. I also have $19.57 inexplicable extra points. not complaining though

Thanks to everyone for mentioning this. I just checked and the 2% language is showing for me too with an extra $11.07 in rewards out of the blue. Woo hoo!

I'm online at Chase right now.....where do you see the 2% language and the "extra" rewards that some have mentioned?

I'm online at Chase right now.....where do you see the 2% language and the "extra" rewards that some have mentioned?

From you main accounts page after logging in, click on Disney Rewards Program under your credit card info. Down that page a bit it will say Rewards Program Details.:thumbsup2

It's interesting that everyone else is seeing inexplicable rewards dollars in their account. Mine show as transfer dollars. Wonder why this would be. I thought that maybe the bonus period had been backdated to the previous statement, but the CSR told me that my bonus rates were effective yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter