Disney+ Offer?

Before the discount was released I priced out a couple cruises to be ready.

After the discount was released I priced out the same cruises.

Low and behold even with the $0 extra guest the cost of the cruise WENT UP.

#1 and #2 cost more now, enough more to raise the overall price of the cruise for 3.

Not surprised. :rolleyes:

Hope you all do better.

It must really depend on your sailing party and room type. I saved $2,600 when all was said and done. That said, my two children are adults, so having them sail free saved me more than if they were minors.

Agree with all of this, I hear you. In my situation, I could not log in to Disney Cruise using my Disney+ email so I got stuck having to call. Still a nightmare today trying to get through with Disney - wait times are around 3 hours.

To those who can’t sign into Disney cruise with your Disney+ email - who’s Disney+ account are you using? All my Disney accounts are linked to one email - as Disney IT has it done. Even just for checking gift card balances.

The lead passenger on the cruise reservation is set to default at the a the Disney+ subscriber. That could be a challenge when one family member has the account but is not sailing.

My cruise reservation has my legal first and last name. No middle name as shown in my passport. Never has been a problem.

To those who can’t sign into Disney cruise with your Disney+ email - who’s Disney+ account are you using? All my Disney accounts are linked to one email - as Disney IT has it done. Even just for checking gift card balances.

The lead passenger on the cruise reservation is set to default at the a the Disney+ subscriber. That could be a challenge when one family member has the account but is not sailing.
According to the terms for the deal, "The Disney+ subscriber must be the primary Guest on the reservation and must sail in one of the staterooms booked with the offer."

According to the terms for the deal, "The Disney+ subscriber must be the primary Guest on the reservation and must sail in one of the staterooms booked with the offer."
Again, I worded it poorly. I wondered if anyone was having problems booking due to this.

Thanks for giving us the clear official language.

Disney is apparently enforcing the rule that the Disney+ subscriber must be the lead on the cruise reservation. This afternoon my travel agent asked me to confirm the name on our Disney+ account so she could switch leads if necessary.

I wonder if they took your call because you hit 1 indicating you were a travel agent? When I hit 2 saying I'm not it's not long till I get the recording telling me they can't/won't take my call.
Just an update that I was not so lucky today lol. Got right through and was quoted a 4-minute wait...now at 100 minutes and counting lol. It's really the luck of the draw IMO.

ETA: 130 minutes

Last edited:

I'm done with Costco Travel (for cruises, at least). Had a cruise booked with them for March 2020 (first cruise cancelled), and have re-booked them countless times over the last 2.5 years. First it was to retain the OBB, then the FCC, but those of those have since timed out.

The latest booking was for Feb. 2023 on the Fantasy, and it finally seems like we're going to go on it. Then this promotion dropped, and another 3+ hours on the phone with Costco yesterday went nowhere. So I booked it on my own, and filled out the cancellation form for Costco. The guaranteed $2,500 saved far exceeds the Costco card/benefits. So we got a different stateroom right next to the old one; big deal.

Since Covid, Costco Travel (again, with cruises specifically) has been a giant hassle. I can't begin to quantify the hours I've spent on hold with them over the last 2.5 years, all for this cruise that I just booked yesterday on my own direct through Disney's website with the greatest of ease.

I've learned that it's far more important to be in control than to get a Costco gift card after the cruise. Just my two cents.
I ended up booking the Jan 2-7 5 - night dream cruise again yesterday with Costco over the phone which wasn’t part of the promo but they had a VGT rate which was the same price as getting the other passengers free. I got 2 staterooms for 6 of us for $5500 vs a 4 day wish sailing leaving the same day was $10k. We live in south Florida so the dream out of Miami is even more convenient for us. I tried to book the vgt on Costco online but it wouldn’t see that rate. The Costco agent I got was amazing and got it all booked for me. He told me in the future if it was crazy busy and you needed to book it quickly if it was a new itinerary or sale you can book it directly on the Disney site to get exactly what you want and then have the reservation transferred to Costco to get the cash card still. So if you want to you can transfer it and get the best of both worlds. I love getting my cash card after sailing.

Just an update that I was not so lucky today lol. Got right through and was quoted a 4-minute wait...now at 100 minutes and counting lol. It's really the luck of the draw IMO.

ETA: 130 minutes
I feel your pain, my first call on release day was given a recorded message of an estimated wait time of 17 minutes, over 5 hours later, and after memorizing the music loop hung up.

I have been trying to get Costco travel to work with me two days now. They keep quoting what their supervisor told them. They want me to cancel and rebook. NO. They don't want to call DCL because they can't get through/the wait time is to long. They have told me my cruise isn't part of it because the blackout period is Jan 1 to March 31. NO, that is wrong. They have even told me my ship isn't in the offer. It's the Fantasy, yes it is.
Never had issues with Costco travel before but it seems that they have a ton of new agents who keep having to refer to their supervisor and the supervisor has no idea what the program is. I think this will be a last time with them.
I have resigned myself to not getting this offer but that's okay. We are going on a DCL cruise with the entire family so I'm happy.

This is what Costco told me too when I called on Friday to add the promo to a cruise that I booked Thursday night. Disney Cruise phone number was busy for me and for them...the Costco agent offered me the option of rebooking and then having them fill out some form to add the promotion, but that would not be guaranteed as it will not be applied if Disney reaches their hard limit of staterooms under that promotion for each sailing before getting to my reservation. The guy told me my best bet would be just to rebook on the Disney website and then fill out the forms for Costco to take over the reservation so I could get the gift card/2% executive bonus. It also looks like a lot of these cruise are hitting capacity limits because they are available if you select 2-3 guests, but once you put 4 guests in a cabin they are unavailable. Things may become available on Monday, because deposits have to be placed tomorrow for all the bookings made on Friday.

Last edited:
So, Costco Travel called me back Friday evening and said they were still trying to work with Disney on our reservation and that there were admitted glitches between Costco and Disney when booking this promotion. They said they will get our reservation updated with the deal and send us an updated e-mail. I was able to make sure that we have my wife as the primary and her e-mail linked as she is the Disney+ subscriber. For us, this problem goes back to when we got Disney+ as part of a Verizon bundle that was linked to her e-mail. Fingers are still crossed so lets see if this is all resolved today.

So with the troubles booking during the initial rollout of this promotion, I sent an email to DCL about my problems trying to book. After hours on phone and computer I was finally able to make a reservation myself on the computer but lost main dining and the price of the two paying passengers went up $200. I finally received a lame generic response email saying sorry please call again to give us your $$$, and containing two additional numbers for reservations I hadn't seen before, so I called one of them today. It still took over 2 hours on hold to talk to a person as I wanted to add ground transportation. DCL has the worst customer service phone center I've ever dealt with in trying to book a vacation and is not living up to the premium magical experience they tout when setting their prices higher than other lines. As it's been several years since we took a DCL cruise, and after this fiasco, let's say my expectations for the onboard experience are extremely high. I hope I am not disappointed again.

All is good with our reservation... Disney applied the promotion, Costco called to confirm and new itinerary/invoice is all set. Much more painful than needed and agree, DCL is really disappointing with their booking experience. Yes, we use Costco for the added benefits and savings... painful with them somtimes too. For anyone else on the Jan 07 Fantasy sailing - see you there!

All is good with our reservation... Disney applied the promotion, Costco called to confirm and new itinerary/invoice is all set. Much more painful than needed and agree, DCL is really disappointing with their booking experience. Yes, we use Costco for the added benefits and savings... painful with them somtimes too. For anyone else on the Jan 07 Fantasy sailing - see you there!
It took me so long to convince Costco that this would apply to my sailing, that I did not need to cancel and rebook, but someone finally listened and sent off the 'form' and it went through. I'm pleased but it was a lot more work than it needed to be for sure.

Has anyone tried canceling a cruise booked using this offer? I don't see the option to modify the reservation online. I've read the fine print and I didn't see any restrictions like gty listed. Am I missing something?

Has anyone tried canceling a cruise booked using this offer? I don't see the option to modify the reservation online. I've read the fine print and I didn't see any restrictions like gty listed. Am I missing something?
My TA wanted me to do that but I said no. If the cabin you have booked is the cabin you want to keep, canceling your cruise and rebooking may take that away. In the time it takes to cancel and to start booking again someone else could actually have taken it.
The other thing is that the prices had gone up a few hundred from when I originally booked so while I would get the discount, I would also be paying more for my cruise for the first two people in the cabin.
If you are set on the cabin you have now or the cost of the cruise has gone up, I would just call in and bite the bullet. It doesn't seem to be as busy now that the initial rush is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter