Disney now charging handling fees for grocery deliveries

How do you meet the delivery person in the lobby when the resort won't allow the. To deliver to the lobby because they have to come through the delivery entrance?

And so what if it is a little extra work for them or even a lot? At the prices charged per night, it isn't a big deal. Even many cheap motels will offer to receive and refrigerate packages for free as well as deliver them to your room, I have even had some cheap hotels offer to out stuff in the in room fridge and made it clear no tip was needed or expected nor would there be any fee for doing so.

So, I standby my comment that somewhere that charges as much as Disney does, which is substantially more than these cheap rooms should NOT be charging for this minor service.

They also should not be charging for parking, they should not be charging a resort fee or any other fees, the price quoted should be the price including all taxes and fees.

Because it's a resort, as a whole. Part of the money they make is us purchasing their food to eat. The parks, the hotels, Disney Springs, all of it. If you are buying (large) grocery orders to substitute buying Disney food, and Disney has to store/deliver it to you, I don't begrudge them making some money off of it since they are losing money buy the customer doing this.

How do you meet the delivery person in the lobby when the resort won't allow the. To deliver to the lobby because they have to come through the delivery entrance?

And so what if it is a little extra work for them or even a lot? At the prices charged per night, it isn't a big deal. Even many cheap motels will offer to receive and refrigerate packages for free as well as deliver them to your room, I have even had some cheap hotels offer to out stuff in the in room fridge and made it clear no tip was needed or expected nor would there be any fee for doing so.

So, I standby my comment that somewhere that charges as much as Disney does, which is substantially more than these cheap rooms should NOT be charging for this minor service.

They also should not be charging for parking, they should not be charging a resort fee or any other fees, the price quoted should be the price including all taxes and fees.

We ordered from Amazon Prime Now last September when we stayed at the Contemporary. We ordered beer in addition to the few food items we wanted, so someone had to show ID. The driver called my husband when he arrived and they met in the lobby.

I do agree that parking fees are gross, but you should read about the amount of things people have delivered to their Disney resort. I don't know where they even have room to store all of it.

I'm actually surprised that they went this long without charging for this. There is a lot of this going on, and it's work and time for them. Plus, it's an opportunity for them to A.) Make a bit more money on a commonly used service; and B.) Encouraging folks to purchase their grocery items from stores on property.

And I am also surprised that the charge is as low as it is. I was imagining $10.00.

I'm actually surprised that they went this long without charging for this. There is a lot of this going on, and it's work and time for them. Plus, it's an opportunity for them to A.) Make a bit more money on a commonly used service; and B.) Encouraging folks to purchase their grocery items from stores on property.

And I am also surprised that the charge is as low as it is. I was imagining $10.00.
It’ll be $10 soon enough.

Someone has pointed out to me that this has become more of an issue for Disney because so many more people are using grocery services whereas even just 5 years ago many weren’t. Disney feels this charge is justified in that respect because they are devoting so much more time to dealing with these deliveries rather than just focusing on other tasks they have with Bell Services and the front desk.

Someone has pointed out to me that this has become more of an issue for Disney because so many more people are using grocery services whereas even just 5 years ago many weren’t. Disney feels this charge is justified in that respect because they are devoting so much more time to dealing with these deliveries rather than just focusing on other tasks they have with Bell Services and the front desk.

Absolutely understandable.

Apologies if this was already covered but I am seeing various indications on facebook, etc

Is the fee only if you have it delivered to your room or even if you pick it up at the front desk

I thought it was either but some people of Facebook are adamant that they called and we told only if delivered to your room

Apologies if this was already covered but I am seeing various indications on facebook, etc

Is the fee only if you have it delivered to your room or even if you pick it up at the front desk

I thought it was either but some people of Facebook are adamant that they called and we told only if delivered to your room
According to WDWNT and the way it’s interpreted from the website it seems it’s for both. We need some first hand reports to be sure.

Curious, we were going to do this actually, with Amazon Prime. So, we just put my name, guest and arrival date, their address and the date/time? Then, will they (the resort) automatically deliver it to our room, or no?

According to WDWNT and the way it’s interpreted from the website it seems it’s for both. We need some first hand reports to be sure.

At first it thought it seemed a bit nickel and diming for them to charge just to hold it but then someone mentioned that they will keep refrigerated items in their equipment to keep them cold, etc and sort of started to see this as a bit of extra service provided so understand it better if that is the case

How long ago did Disney put fridges/coolers in all the rooms? Remember the fridge swap from years ago?

We ordered from Amazon Prime Now last September when we stayed at the Contemporary. We ordered beer in addition to the few food items we wanted, so someone had to show ID. The driver called my husband when he arrived and they met in the lobby.

I do agree that parking fees are gross, but you should read about the amount of things people have delivered to their Disney resort. I don't know where they even have room to store all of it.
I am not sure if this still applies, but the last time we ordered from Garden Grocer, I was able to scan my license and send it to them in advance. We did not have to be present when alcohol was delivered to AKL with our groceries.

I’m surprised it went on for so long without a fee. It always surprised me that Disney was accepting of people ordering groceries and storing it for them.

We do Garden Grocer. This will apply to that if I understand, but do we know if it also apply to stroller rentals getting delivered to bell services? Is that a package?

I wonder what would happen if I went to the front desk to get a package they accepted for me, and I just refused to pay their fee. Could they legally keep it? Would they actually return it to the sender? Would I be out what I paid for the contents? Just curious.

I wonder what would happen if I went to the front desk to get a package they accepted for me, and I just refused to pay their fee. Could they legally keep it? Would they actually return it to the sender? Would I be out what I paid for the contents? Just curious.

Why would you do this. WDW is using paid staff to provide a service (recieving, storing, and handling a package for you) at their expense. They have every right to charge you for performing this service. They also could just stop doing it.

I'm pretty sure if you went to pick it up and didn't pay want to pay, they would either just not retrieve the package for you, or retrieve it and charge your card on file whether you like it or not.

I suppose if you dont like the idea of them charging a fee for this they could just assume everyone will have 2 deliveries and increase room rates by $12 across the board

Why would you do this. WDW is using paid staff to provide a service (recieving, storing, and handling a package for you) at their expense. They have every right to charge you for performing this service. They also could just stop doing it.

I'm pretty sure if you went to pick it up and didn't pay want to pay, they would either just not retrieve the package for you, or retrieve it and charge your card on file whether you like it or not.

I suppose if you dont like the idea of them charging a fee for this they could just assume everyone will have 2 deliveries and increase room rates by $12 across the board
I didn’t say I would do it. I haven’t stayed at a Disney property in over eight years, and I’ve never had a package sent to any hotel. I’m just interested in the logistics and potential legalities, particularly for guests who may not be aware of the fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter