Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to see all of these things completed, including SE being back up and running, then I would suggest Summer 2023.

I think Spaceship Earth will be open thru the 50th Celebration since we're at that point now. I can see it closing at the tail end, but with it being one of Epcot's staple attractions, don't think that will be missing during the 50th.

Not sure how to share links but just saw this: Disney Will Reportedly No Longer Make Movies With Scarlett Johansson

yikes! no more ToT movie :(

I know this is from yesterday but I really need to emphasize how terrible that site is. It's notoriously bad, literally people just making things up with no sources second and third hand in order to generate clicks. Textbook clickbait not to be taken seriously. Literally nowhere else is reporting that so it should be ignored.

I wish the Disboards would honestly ban it.

I'm already seeing tons of the WDW Spirit Jerseys on eBay. :( I really wanted one (tried ordering on the Disney Shop), but my cat's really sick and I just wasn't paying attention to the time. I really hope they make more and add them to the Disney shop again!

Annual Passholders on Facebook had a photograph of a hoarder checking out at what I believe was The World of Disney Store in DS. She must have had 50 navy blue jerseys if she had a one--clearly no limit was enforced.

I hope there's not a child in that stroller

Hard to tell isn't it. I couldn't believe the pile of jersey's on the counter as well as over the stroller! Every square inch of that "stroller" was covered with shirts of other items.

I
I'm already seeing tons of the WDW Spirit Jerseys on eBay. :( I really wanted one (tried ordering on the Disney Shop), but my cat's really sick and I just wasn't paying attention to the time. I really hope they make more and add them to the Disney shop again!

Annual Passholders on Facebook had a photograph of a hoarder checking out at what I believe was The World of Disney Store in DS. She must have had 50 navy blue jerseys if she had a one--clearly no limit was enforced.

View attachment 596719

I had no idea reselling was such a big thing ... I think the stuff is expensive enough buying direct. Can’t imagine buying at an even higher cost 🤷🏼‍♀️

I had no idea reselling was such a big thing ... I think the stuff is expensive enough buying direct. Can’t imagine buying at an even higher cost 🤷🏼‍♀️

They're already selling for $100+ on eBay. The only way to stop this from happening is to not support the eBay resellers. But, we all have things we really want from Disney and since scalpers buy everything up, sometimes this is our only opportunity to getting some hot ticket items. It's really frustrating.

Does anyone else think they look like the ladies in this picture? The picture is from Monday, 1st day of the Halloween merchandise being on the shelf. (Picture from another group who reports on Disney).

Last edited:
I’m not saying I’m for or against these shoppers, but it’s big business. Some of the groups on Facebook have thousands of members. If they would make it all available on shop Disney it would be less of an issue IMO. If you really want something it’s cheaper to pay a shopper or eBay then go to Disney, if you aren’t local. If it was all in shop Disney you could just buy there.

In a small way they are creating the problem.

I think it's funny when Disney Blogs/Vlogs complain about resellers making money off of Disney and Disney fans. Pot meet Kettle. If it's not a limited edition item then Disney can simply produce more. If someone wants to pay a premium for the service then it is what it is. If Disney wants to stop it they can. If fans want to stop it they can as well by not buying at marked up prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter