Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I believe a portion of what you outlined is already being permitted to build-out an operational center and parking for CMs and contractors/sub-contractors. TWDC isn't planning to build any new "land" area where operations will be held.
I read permits that it will be an area for WDI.

“It’s a Small World with Groot” Announced for Tokyo Disneyland
Tokyo Disney Resort has unveiled plans for “It’s a Small World with Groot,” featuring characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe travelling the world, spreading Holiday cheer.

The limited-time It’s a Small World with Groot experience will be offered at Tokyo Disneyland for approximately six months from winter 2025 (dates to be confirmed). The unexpected attraction overlay will interestingly mark Tokyo Disney Resort’s inaugural Marvel-themed attraction.
1711539428233.png

“It’s a Small World with Groot” Announced for Tokyo Disneyland
Tokyo Disney Resort has unveiled plans for “It’s a Small World with Groot,” featuring characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe travelling the world, spreading Holiday cheer.

The limited-time It’s a Small World with Groot experience will be offered at Tokyo Disneyland for approximately six months from winter 2025 (dates to be confirmed). The unexpected attraction overlay will interestingly mark Tokyo Disney Resort’s inaugural Marvel-themed attraction.
View attachment 845523
Was super disappointed to see this but then I saw this is for 2025. I'm probably alone here but I would prefer to experience this Marvel free for my trip later this year lol

That's, like, the entire point of being a for-profit company.
You don't understand my point about complacent leadership. You can be a dynamic leader, undertake capital expenditures and generate more revenue and grow the business.

It's okay if you don't understand my point.

Not alone..! We’re stopping by in feb 2025 and I wish it were the regular one also. Oh well… ^^;
I'm also someone who would avoid going to Disneyland in May/June since I really dislike Hyperspace Mountain. I want to ride the OG!

I assumed winter 2025 meant December since it mentions it'll be holiday themed but that's just a guess.

@Obi-J Kenobi You're saying you don't like my idea/suggestion for the AK expansion, because Disney is being cheap right now?

You are suggesting I'm saying TWDC is cheap. It's not what I'm saying and the fact that you may not understand what I'm saying is fine.

I said there were two reasons why I disagreed with the expansion. First, the area you highlighted is already being permitted for WDI/CMs and construction contractors parking and staging and office/workspace for the rumored changes to Dinoland. Thus, I don't see TWDC building a "land" when it is being permitted for something else. Second, I said that the leadership was complacent. There is a difference between a leader that does just enough to keep the status quo versus being a leader that understands that you have to dream big and suck it up that its going to take money to fulfill your dream.

Actually, I believe that TWDC is willing to spend money. For instance, look at the production and marketing budgets of movies it has green-lit. Recently, in the past year (more or less), Disney movie studios haven't been very profitable at the box office. I would prefer TWDC to spend money at its parks, primarily WDW, because it is the flagship resort and WDW generates a lot of revenue and I believe expansion/improvements (i.e. spending more money) can help it generate more revenue. In other words, put money into the business division that actually generates revenue and can make you even more profitable.

Finally, back to your idea of a DAK expansion. I agree TWDC should expand DAK. My idea for TWDC and WDI is to build a land centered around Tao Lo. Where exactly TWDC finds a location in and around DAK is an unknown for me. I just don't know what is and isn't buildable land.

But, for my idea, you could marry the IP angle of Marvel characters without running afoul of the licensing agreement Universal currently holds (which I am guessing TWDC leadership is desperate to do) and you could tell some terrific stories inside Tao Lo marrying Dr. Strange and Shang-Chi (etc.) type characters and dragons or other mythical creatures. By doing so, it would be a terrific call-back to the original DAK idea of a Beastly Kingdom, which hardcore Disney fans would appreciate while satisfying more modern audiences of Marvel films. By using Shang-Chi as a character and land, you could build off the Asia "land" already and satisfy the inclusivity key that TWDC is publicly promoting.

I'm also of the opinion that the Central/South American land being built should be centered around Paradise Falls with story telling that involves Up! characters, including the dogs because America loves dogs. No one at TWDC is going to listen to me about my ideas. And, that's okay too.

Last edited:
First, the area you highlighted is already being permitted for WDI/CMs and construction contractors parking and staging and office/workspace for the rumored changes to Dinoland. Thus, I don't see TWDC building a "land" when it is being permitted for something else.
The couple of trailers and two dozen parking spots permitted won’t take up much of the area north of Asia. They could easily punch a trail between Harambe Market and the Bird Show amphitheater to access it and develop much of it. The WDI trailers and parking lot could eventually be used by cast members backstage.

I'm also someone who would avoid going to Disneyland in May/June since I really dislike Hyperspace Mountain. I want to ride the OG!

I assumed winter 2025 meant December since it mentions it'll be holiday themed but that's just a guess.
Oh maybe so… I get confused sometimes since the majority of “winter” for 2025 would be 1/1-3/2-something. December only has a week and a half of winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter