Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Much love for Epcot Forever! Sooo happy to see the barges go. Also, excited for Happily Ever After to come back, but really disappointed about projections happening on Main Street. They cause an unnecessary congestion/crowd problem and I feel the projections down Main Street were the main reason that Enchantment caused so much havoc. It was the most disenchanted, I've ever felt in a Disney park. When they have to route guests off of Main Street and take them past dumpsters behind the Emporium because people can't otherwise walk to the front of the park, it's a huge problem. People were screaming at Cast Members. Cast Members were screaming back at guests. F bombs were being dropped from family to family and it just really really really was insanity. Hi, Disney execs- please take away the Main Street projections.
I felt bad for my youngest having to see what was happening around him. We told him we were going to watch the show, but all that happened was that we were pushed through a forced loop from Adventureland to dumpster alley, back to Main Street, and around to Tomorrowland with nowhere else to go, unless we had exited the park. When we got done with that mess (about 45 minutes of chaos), we thought we would escape back to Haunted Mansion. The ride broke down and we waited at the loading station for over thirty minutes. Okay, rant over. Carry on. Now that I've told you how I really feel.🤣 :upsidedow

This is just symptomatic of the crowding issues in general. Diensyland has been like this for a while during parades and fireworks - they route around the sides, though they have a kind of structured view on the Adventureland side (you can see the docks for the Jungle Cruise boats). At MK I've notice taht the pass-through on the Tomorrowland side is now cleaned up a bit and not as "off-stage" as it used to look, but I haven't been down the Adventureland side. Either way, it is chaos when they are forced to shunt people through the wings like that.

That said, I do like the projections, though felt they were better at Disneyland, but that may have just been the better show program. They just need to keep the sidewalks clear as they usually do for parades - if you're not in the tape you can't stand there! They probably have been short on CMs to help enforce that.

This is just symptomatic of the crowding issues in general. Diensyland has been liek this for a while durring parades and fireworks - they route around the sides, though they have a kind of structured view on the Adventureland side (you can see the docks for the Jungle Cruise boats). At MK I've notice taht the pass-through on the Tomorrowland side is now cleaned up a bit and not as "off-stage" as it used to look, but I haven't been down the Adventureland side. Either way, it is chaos when they are forced to shunt people through the wings like that.

That said, I do like the projections, though felt they were better at Disneyland, but that may have just been the better show program. They just need to keep the sidewalks clear as they usually do for parades - if you're not in the tape you can't stand there! They probably have been short on CMs to help enforce that.
The Tomorrowland side route behind Main Street doesn't bother me. It is a lot more cleaned up. I understand not being allowed to stand in certain places, but I think they are setting up for failure by putting a show in place that doesn't allow for the crowd sizes they have. A show that is in the sky and not on the buildings would solve that problem for the most part.

The Tomorrowland side route behind Main Street doesn't bother me. It is a lot more cleaned up. I understand not being allowed to stand in certain places, but I think they are setting up for failure by putting a show in place that doesn't allow for the crowd sizes they have. A show that is in the sky and not on the buildings would solve that problem for the most part.

I do agree that if they are going to put people through the area that it needs to be cleaned up. The Tomorrowland side used to not be, but was only used as a passthrough during an unusual event that blocked somethign off. They have cleaned it up as they use it as the "party entrance" - they even had soem Fab 50 statues back there! If they want to use the other side, then they need to make it presentable.

At Disenyland, people are used to the clogging due to it's size, but it can be a real mess. Also, CM's there love to assume that everyone knows where they are supposed go and are very quick to correct you if you don't! I think they enjoy it a little, but they are more curt than WDW CMs. I don't really know wha tthe solution is, but I think if they enforce the viewing areas, that would be fine.

60 MPH? Its considered a family ride?

I will either love or hate this ride lol Hagrids was great though
60 mph is not that fast for a coaster. Thats average for most family coasters.
Not sure how you would categorize a "family ride". Is speed alone enough to disqualify it? Do you consider Test Track to be a family ride?
It is going to have a 48" height requirement. Which will limit availability for many guests.

Not sure how you would categorize a "family ride". Is speed alone enough to disqualify it? Do you consider Test Track to be a family ride?

I have no issues of Everest, but I do consider test track a family ride. Straight run rides with not crazy drops I consider family rides.

7DMT, BTMR, Space I would consider family

I wouldn't consider for example the hulk a family ride.

I would also throw Everest into not being a family ride.

Just for reference for anyone who wants to compare or are curious, top speeds for Disney coasters are below (WDW & DLR only):

Gadget Coaster: 22 MPH
The Barnstormer: 25 MPH
Goofy's Sky School: 27 MPH
Matterhorn Bobsleds: 27 MPH
Space Mountain (MK): 27 MPH
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 34 MPH
Space Mountain (DL): 35 MPH
Big Thunder Mountain (BOTH): 35 MPH
Slinky Dog Dash: 40 MPH
Expedition Everest: 50 MPH
Incredicoaster: 55 MPH, 1 Inversion
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: 57 MPH, 3 Inversions
Cosmic Rewind: 60 MPH
TRON: 60 MPH

Note that only Incredicoaster and Rock 'n' Roler Coaster have any inversions.

Last edited:
It is absolutely amazing and life changing. The phone controls two implanted medical devices, and the three parts essentially communicate with each other. One device reads the data, and then the phone/software feeds it to the device that administers the medication pretty much constantly and instantaneously. The factors are multiple and ever changing, so there are even alarms that go off when there's no signal (and also for changes in levels). The technology has saved my kid's life more times than I can count, and we're still new to this.

On most days, there's no problem with the ride itself. We have been utilizing the DAS in the almost 3 years since diagnosis, and she's getting better at understanding and assessing what works for her. Thrill rides don't seem to be an issue while riding - we just got back form our first trip to Universal since diagnosis, and they have lots of lockers. (Disney allows bags on everything, so that wasn't an issue; at our local amusement park, they allow her to tag her bag as a medical bag, and carry it on everything). We had called ahead and talked to their staff and read some message boards for recommendations. Universal allows three pronged attached bags and/or zippered pockets on all rides but one. On that one, they have medical lockers right at the ride entrance. So barring a ride breakdown (which of course I worry about as the parent), she was away from her phone less than 2 minutes on that one ride.

Thanks for asking :)
That's honestly amazing. Every time I find out about tech as cool as this I am in awe. Hopefully Disney is fine with zippered pockets and you don't need to worry about ride breakdowns. Also, thank you so much for answering my question!

This is a common use case for diabetics. Simply having diabetes dependent on these devices would not be a medical reason to preclude them from riding Tron.
I never said that at all. I simply asked because the tech sounds awesome and since it's new for me I wanted to know more about it and who it can help. Diabetes never even came into my mind as an option since I am not familiar with it or it's treatment besides insulin and how expensive it is in the USA.

60 MPH? Its considered a family ride?

I will either love or hate this ride lol Hagrids was great though
It’s very similar to Hagrid in style, Im not sure I would call it a family ride though. Borderline. Family ride is “am I confident that all people, young and old can handle this?” and I don’t think that’s the case here. I wouldn’t recommend it for either of my parents (in their 70s, both with health issues), for kids it would depend on their threshold for thrill rides.

So the key dates are
March 21st
April 4th
April 4th - 8th
April 21st
May 1st.

Maybe something will happen on one of those days? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter