Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

What’s Next for Walt Disney World Nighttime Spectaculars
Happy 2023! A new year means fresh memories waiting to be made at Walt Disney World Resort, and one of the best moments for many of us is watching fireworks pop above the skies to wrap up a perfect Disney day.

nsrtdw47597392.jpg

Well, I hope you’re “Ready to begin…” because fan-favorite nighttime spectacular “Happily Ever After” returns to Magic Kingdom Park on April 3, featuring all-new projections down Main Street, U.S.A. “Disney Enchantment” will be offered through April 2. Whether it’s your first time, or the park is your home away from home, get ready to reach out and find your happily ever after with us at Cinderella Castle soon.

nsrtdw47597393.jpg

And as we shared at D23 Expo in September, an all-new nighttime spectacular is planned to debut at EPCOT later this year. Before the new show launches, we will bring back “EPCOT Forever” as an interim show over the skies of World Showcase Lagoon starting April 3. Similar to how it appeared in 2021, “EPCOT Forever” is the perfect offering while our Entertainment team preps the Lagoon, including a phased removal of fireworks platforms following the final “Harmonious” performance on April 2. A limited-time spectacle of lasers, lighting, special effects, and fireworks, “EPCOT Forever” returns with a collection of songs that offer both a trip down memory lane and a look toward the future.

Before the new show launches, we will bring back “EPCOT Forever” as an interim show over the skies of World Showcase Lagoon starting April 3. Similar to how it appeared in 2021, “EPCOT Forever” is the perfect offering while our Entertainment team preps the Lagoon, including a phased removal of fireworks platforms following the final “Harmonious” performance on April 2.
Quoting myself. THE BARGES ARE LEAVING!!!

Well I guess I will watch harmonious on youtube now and see if its that bad as they say, along with enchanted

Honestly, it's not. I thought the show itself was great - BUT the barges were definitely problematic when the show was not running. They need something better that can be moved or collapsed or something. I still liked the show and the music for it, though it was not as good as the music from Illuminations.

Enchanted was decidedly less impressive. It's okay, but compared to HEA, it wasn't that good.

April 21 (possible) Tron opening? Happy Birthday to me! I was planning on visiting one of the parks on one of my regular days off that week to celebrate. But I'd definitely be willing to take the day off for the rare opportunity to celebrate a ride's opening my actual birthday.

Fun fact: Kumba at Busch Gardens also opened on April 21, and will be 30 this year.

Well I guess I will watch harmonious on youtube now and see if its that bad as they say, along with enchanted
I LOVED the harmonious music. Classic disney songs sung in their "native" languages by people FROM that country/region?! It was perfect. But yes there are like 4 places you can actually see all the projections from and during the day it's just ugly.

IMHO, Harmonious was OK. I was left with the feeling of, well, letdown after the show. Felt that their contribution to the show wasn't huge. Definitely not worth the visual intrusion for the whole day.
I think Hagrid's is 50mph and Tron is 60mph.
So...Test Track is still the faster ride?

Most blogs are stating they are being removed.

I liked Harmonious as a show, personally love the musical arrangements. But the barges were just awful during the day and the lack of visibility around the lagoon was bad.
Agree my only gripe about Harmonious was that it didn’t have 360 views and the barges were not aesthetically pleasing… I get they were trying for Epcot World of Color but maybe if the barges were portable like the illuminations globe (and most songs weren’t recycled from the returning Happily Ever After) it would be a bigger hit… hope they keep the Disney+ version up

Honestly, it's not. I thought the show itself was great - BUT the barges were definitely problematic when the show was not running. They need something better that can be moved or collapsed or something. I still liked the show and the music for it, though it was not as good as the music from Illuminations.

Enchanted was decidedly less impressive. It's okay, but compared to HEA, it wasn't that good.

I LOVED the harmonious music. Classic disney songs sung in their "native" languages by people FROM that country/region?! It was perfect. But yes there are like 4 places you can actually see all the projections from and during the day it's just ugly.

My husband and I also thought Harmonious had one of the best scores in a long time. Enchantment was a disappointment. I'm THRILLED HEA is coming back, sad to lose Harmonious, but it is a fair trade. Those barges are a disgrace. I wish that great score could have been used for a show without such an eyesore.

My husband and I also thought Harmonious had one of the best scores in a long time. Enchantment was a disappointment. I'm THRILLED HEA is coming back, sad to lose Harmonious, but it is a fair trade. Those barges are a disgrace. I wish that great score could have been used for a show without such an eyesore.

They could repurpose it - like a HarmonioUS 2.0. Illuminations went through a few revisions too with slightly different titles and changes.

Personally, I might like to see an Illuminations 4.0 (I think) - with a new, LED globe that can actually be seen - like the tech from the barges but in a globe structure that can be moved or collapsed.

Much love for Epcot Forever! Sooo happy to see the barges go. Also, excited for Happily Ever After to come back, but really disappointed about projections happening on Main Street. They cause an unnecessary congestion/crowd problem and I feel the projections down Main Street were the main reason that Enchantment caused so much havoc. It was the most disenchanted, I've ever felt in a Disney park. When they have to route guests off of Main Street and take them past dumpsters behind the Emporium because people can't otherwise walk to the front of the park, it's a huge problem. People were screaming at Cast Members. Cast Members were screaming back at guests. F bombs were being dropped from family to family and it just really really really was insanity. Hi, Disney execs- please take away the Main Street projections.
I felt bad for my youngest having to see what was happening around him. We told him we were going to watch the show, but all that happened was that we were pushed through a forced loop from Adventureland to dumpster alley, back to Main Street, and around to Tomorrowland with nowhere else to go, unless we had exited the park. When we got done with that mess (about 45 minutes of chaos), we thought we would escape back to Haunted Mansion. The ride broke down and we waited at the loading station for over thirty minutes. Okay, rant over. Carry on. Now that I've told you how I really feel.🤣 :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter