Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The under 30 is demanding it? Really? I'm not in that demographic but that seems strange.
Yeah you didn’t hear? The under 30 crowd has been demanding Disney offer a way to dump their student loan payment into sports bets 😂 Not quite as loudly as the SoCal crowd has been demanding Magic Key renewal news. But close.

Disney World, Disneyland Dining and Resort Reservation System Outage Planned Starting at Midnight

Please be advised, some of our digital experiences will be undergoing maintenance beginning August 11th at 12am ET, and continuing through early morning. During this time, there will be an outage impacting Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani dining, room only, and package reservations. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Are they actually going to fix issues?! Probably not...

Really odd seeing a the Disney+ news as here in the UK, it is £7.99 a month and we have Hulu (Called Starz here) included in that price) will be interesting to see how the price goes up in the UK 😀

Good Morning All!!

1660207393169.gif

So, we just left The Grand and I’m quite depressed. I hate leaving Disney, but I know we’ll be back soon. We are still away until Sunday, but I’ll be back posting the daily news! I hope you all had a good couple of weeks!! Thank you so much to @HokieRaven5 for holding down the fort and keeping the thread updated!! I truly appreciate it!! 🙂

NEW Menu Items Available at Topolino’s Terrace in Disney World

E950E933-7233-434A-8F89-D55F8FB08E0F.jpeg

You can now enjoy the Organic Beet Salad, served with fennel, burrata, pickled beets, beet puree, and chives for $16.

953D4FD7-F28D-4504-AA74-1E8EF964B4F8.jpeg

The Filet Mignon is $54, served with potato pave, Bordelaise sauce, asparagus, mushrooms, and shallot vinaigrette.

DE6CAB37-B4BF-4410-A7BD-B36E1C963660.jpeg

The Tortelloni ai Funghi is made with smoked paprika-mushroom tortelloni, saffron, morels, pickled radish, charred pearl onions, and eggplant-cashew cream for $34.

D07205A0-4D95-4DAE-8DAE-4BAC081E2500.jpeg

And the Asparagus Soup comes with quail egg, carrot tuile, parmesan, and prosciutto dust for $14.

Kids Content Will Not Serve Ads At Launch of Ad-Supported Disney+

Disney CEO Bob Chapek stated today that kids profiles and pre-school content will not have ads, “at least at launch”. Of course, this leaves the door open for ads to be served on kids content at some point in the future. Other kids-focused content delivery like YouTube Kids do serve limited ads, and ads have been part of kids TV networks and programming blocks for decades so it’s not exactly unprecedented.

Not surprising as advertisers want the most return on investment. The cash cows for advertisers will be the Marvel/LucasFilm stuff as well as content brought over from Hulu and Fox. The plan was pretty straightforward:

Bring in more adult targeted content > Boost subscriber base > raise prices and bring in ad $$$ > ...

The 4th step is where I'm concerned, as it usually means lowering production costs and watering down content ... but we're not there yet

2023 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend Race Themes Revealed

Disney has revealed the themes for the runDisney 2023 Springtime Surprise Weekend races. Each race is inspired by a different Pixar property.

2023 springtime surprise themes 1

The challenge, which is 19.3 miles, is inspired by “Finding Nemo” and “Finding Dory.”

2023 springtime surprise themes 2

The 10-miler is inspired by Buzz Lightyear from “Toy Story.”

2023 springtime surprise themes 3

The 10K is inspired by “Monsters, Inc.”

2023 springtime surprise themes 4

And the 5K is inspired by the “Cars” films.

Not able to join us at Walt Disney World Resort in April? Join us virtually and run on a course of your choosing! From 3.1 to 19.3 miles, add a little character to your at-home race adventure. Learn more about Virtual runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend events here.

Runners wanting to join this year’s event should mark their calendars for the following registration dates and times:

runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort
  • General Registration | August 23, 2022 at 10 a.m. ET
Virtual runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend
  • General Registration | August 26, 2022 at 10 a.m. ET

Last edited:

BREAKING: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Reservations Opening for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Today

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservations are scheduled to open in an hour for both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland locations.

MK bibbidi bobbidi boutique

At the Bibbibidi Bobbidi Boutique, guests between 3 and 12 years old can be transformed into a princess or a knight. The knight packages start at $19.95 for styled hair and a sword and shield. For $79.95, kids also get a knight’s costume. The princess packages start at $99.95, for hairstyling, make-up, nail polish, a T-shirt, sash, and cinch. They go up from there to include a princess gown and various accessories.

Reservations will be available no earlier than 1:00 p.m. ET for Magic Kingdom and 10:00 a.m. PT for Disneyland.

Disney Cruise News:

Disney Cruise Line Future Cruise Credits Expiring Next Month

Were you booked on a cancelled Disney Cruise Line sailing from March 14 through July 2021? Then you’ll want to make sure that you have used up all of your Disney Cruise Line Future Cruise Credits (FCC) before they expire next month! The option to use FCC received from cruises canceled during the pandemic is expiring on September 30, 2022.

Today, August 11, 2022, a communication is being sent to Guests, who have not used any of their FCC, encouraging them to book and use their FCC before the deadline.

Please be aware that Guests who have a partially used FCC will not receive a communication.

Was becoming a Knight always a thing at BBB? I don't remember, but my boys were always at the older edge of that kind of thing.

BREAKING: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Reservations Opening for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Today

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservations are scheduled to open in an hour for both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland locations.

MK bibbidi bobbidi boutique

At the Bibbibidi Bobbidi Boutique, guests between 3 and 12 years old can be transformed into a princess or a knight. The knight packages start at $19.95 for styled hair and a sword and shield. For $79.95, kids also get a knight’s costume. The princess packages start at $99.95, for hairstyling, make-up, nail polish, a T-shirt, sash, and cinch. They go up from there to include a princess gown and various accessories.

Reservations will be available no earlier than 1:00 p.m. ET for Magic Kingdom and 10:00 a.m. PT for Disneyland.
Ahhhhhh. Fingers crossed for me!! Also will be getting nothing done till 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter