Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

First Look: More Character Dining to Return at Walt Disney World

70097323-2EE5-4167-94C6-CCBF25D25695.jpeg

Across Walt Disney World, some of our guest-favorite restaurants are gearing up to welcome popular pals back, including Stitch for breakfast at ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Minnie and her friends for breakfast at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Winnie the Pooh and friends at The Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom Park for both lunch and dinner.

Get ready for some hugs, laughs, and lasting memories because here are the places getting character dining back soon!

Let’s start with a trip to Magic Kingdom Park, where there are some special characters coming back for a friendship celebration nestled within Main Street, U.S.A. On September 20, some friends from the Hundred Acre Wood will be rejoining the celebratory feasting for lunch and dinner at The Crystal Palace: A Buffet with Characters featuring Winnie the Pooh and Friends. This greenhouse-inspired beauty is the perfect place to spend your day with some hugs and a feast, with options like Carved Prime Rib, Seasonal Ravioli, and Peel & Eat Shrimp.

At Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, get ready for some relaxing vibes as you treat yourself to some breakfast classics at the ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch, coming back on September 27! Nothing beats getting some love from everyone’s favorite mischievous friend, Stitch, to start off your day. Get your hugs in as you enjoy tasty treats like the Pineapple Coconut Breakfast Bread and Mickey Waffles and sip on the iconic Lilikoi Juice and the yummy Moana Smoothie.

Over at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, you’ll find Cape May Café, a New-England inspired spot serving up some tasty eats in an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet! On October 4, the Cape May Café Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast will be making its exciting return. Have some fun with Disney friends as you enjoy your morning favorites at this feast, including the mouthwatering Salted Caramel “Beach Buns.” And what breakfast is complete without the famous Mickey and Minnie Waffles? Fuel up for your day the right way with these unforgettable characters and dishes.

The Crystal Palace: A Buffet with Characters featuring Winnie the Pooh and Friends - Sep 20

‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch - Sep 27
Cape May Café Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast - Oct 4
I was hoping that they would announce a return of breakfast for Crystal Palace, with or without characters.

ZOM-BEATZ BASH Comes to Downtown Disney, Disney Springs

ZOM-BEATZ BASH is a dance filled event featuring music from some favorite Disney Channel films: “ZOMBIES,” and “ZOMBIES 2.” We’re so excited that we’ll also get to celebrate the newest addition to the series: “ZOMBIES 3” which premieres July 15th on Disney+ and August 12th on Disney Channel!

ZOM-BEATZ BASH is a 20-minute stage show event for guests of all ages to enjoy. Try out some zombie dance moves, sing-along to favorite songs or snap a pic with a “ZOMBIES 3” inspired photo wall during the DJ-hosted event. Come in costume and BAMM to the music!

Zom-Beatz Bash Logo

This summer, you’ll have a chance to get in on the fun at BOTH Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World. ZOM-BEATZ BASH will take place at the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage at 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. in Anaheim, California on July 29 – 31 and evenings at the Disney Springs Marketplace Stage in Florida on Aug 5 – 14.

Creative Director Shares a Look at NEW Character Coming to the Disney Wish

Benjamin Schrader, Creative Director & Writer currently contracted with Walt Disney Imagineering took to his LinkedIn page to share a look at Lady Lily of the Grand Hall.

Character-822x1024.jpg

You can see Lady Lily posing with some Disney Wish cast members in the image above. Who is Lady Lilly you ask?
Well according to Schrader, she is part of a new character experience being developed for the ship. She will be popping up throughout your sailing to give you all the gossip you may have missed about the other Disney characters you’ll encounter during your visit.

The Crystal Palace: A Buffet with Characters featuring Winnie the Pooh and Friends - Sep 20

‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch - Sep 27
Cape May Café Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast - Oct 4
Great news! I hope to see some for 1900 Park Fare next. Was one of my favorite character meals and I wanted to do it on my December trip (crossing my fingers).

Last edited:
It has not been announced yet if it will have the same restrictions as Riviera, or if it will be part of the same association. I’ll definitely post any new information once it’s released!
It DOES say 'expansion' on the DVC website when trying to book at the Polynesian.
1BF62570-8A98-461C-8516-F830C05F8700.jpeg

View attachment 682255

Across Walt Disney World, some of our guest-favorite restaurants are gearing up to welcome popular pals back, including Stitch for breakfast at ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Minnie and her friends for breakfast at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Winnie the Pooh and friends at The Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom Park for both lunch and dinner.

Get ready for some hugs, laughs, and lasting memories because here are the places getting character dining back soon!

Let’s start with a trip to Magic Kingdom Park, where there are some special characters coming back for a friendship celebration nestled within Main Street, U.S.A. On September 20, some friends from the Hundred Acre Wood will be rejoining the celebratory feasting for lunch and dinner at The Crystal Palace: A Buffet with Characters featuring Winnie the Pooh and Friends. This greenhouse-inspired beauty is the perfect place to spend your day with some hugs and a feast, with options like Carved Prime Rib, Seasonal Ravioli, and Peel & Eat Shrimp.

At Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, get ready for some relaxing vibes as you treat yourself to some breakfast classics at the ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch, coming back on September 27! Nothing beats getting some love from everyone’s favorite mischievous friend, Stitch, to start off your day. Get your hugs in as you enjoy tasty treats like the Pineapple Coconut Breakfast Bread and Mickey Waffles and sip on the iconic Lilikoi Juice and the yummy Moana Smoothie.

Over at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, you’ll find Cape May Café, a New-England inspired spot serving up some tasty eats in an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet! On October 4, the Cape May Café Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast will be making its exciting return. Have some fun with Disney friends as you enjoy your morning favorites at this feast, including the mouthwatering Salted Caramel “Beach Buns.” And what breakfast is complete without the famous Mickey and Minnie Waffles? Fuel up for your day the right way with these unforgettable characters and dishes.
Wife was hoping for pooh characters to be back for our trip, but missing them by a week.

Disney Parks Celebrate Disability Pride Month

July means Disability Pride Month and Disney Parks around the world are celebrating by showcasing the diversity of all Cast Members and Guests with disabilities.

Disney Parks are known for providing Guests with disabilities access to the same experiences as all Guests through immersive storytelling when it comes to attractions and products.

Every refurbishment announcement makes me even more happy I chose the first weekend of august dates.
I was just thinking the same thing we are going to Disneyland Aug 10-15th so we will still be able to ride this and HM. I remember this ride when it was the horrible paparazzi ride as we went to CA for our honeymoon right after it opened.

Benjamin Schrader, Creative Director & Writer currently contracted with Walt Disney Imagineering took to his LinkedIn page to share a look at Lady Lily of the Grand Hall.

Character-822x1024.jpg

You can see Lady Lily posing with some Disney Wish cast members in the image above. Who is Lady Lilly you ask?
Well according to Schrader, she is part of a new character experience being developed for the ship. She will be popping up throughout your sailing to give you all the gossip you may have missed about the other Disney characters you’ll encounter during your visit.
This sounds like the DCL version of Lady Whistledown from bridgerton 🤣

Character-822x1024.jpg

Reminds me of my last cruise Christmas 2019 on Princess they had a cruise director ‘character’

Attachments

• DFDA63F1-29BB-4AC1-885C-6F61052A5A21.jpeg
    DFDA63F1-29BB-4AC1-885C-6F61052A5A21.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 8
  • C6A9CF7D-8F24-4139-8887-4038382D3FC4.jpeg
    C6A9CF7D-8F24-4139-8887-4038382D3FC4.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter